TMS tickets

hippyracer00

I am looking for three tickets to ANY NASCAR race this year. I promised my autistic cousin I would take him a couple years back and he has not let me forget! I am hoping for good seats from possibly a season ticket holder? I don't want to make the drive and him be disappointed cause he is watching a big screen TV. He is a huge NASCAR fan and I would love to give him a racing weekend he will never forget. I am not looking for a handout or to write an Erick Church song here, just looking for a good deal on some tickets that someone is not going to use.

Thanks.

Please PM me or text @ 2106603738

Mikey

Ok. Hadn't thought of that. Thanks fellas. Are the seats good seats? And also, I've never been to TMS. Any suggestions on best sections? And also.... Lol.. Sry, how can I get pit passes so maybe he could shake a hand or two. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

God bless.

Mikey

You used to be able to buy pit passes with one of the packages.....HOWEVER.....That's not for garage passes.....Whole different subject there.....Depending on how long you're going to be going for there is line the forms from the garage to pit road that you can see, get autographs, shake hands with "some" of the drivers as they walk to their cars.....Others try to avoid the crowd and zip past in golf carts....

Now bear in mind I haven't gone in about ten years so things may have changed some....

Seats, the higher the better, but not to the nose bleed section.....I used to get back stretch, top row out of turn 2 and hang cooler, extra clothes over the railing with bungee cords for more room....But TMS removed those seats for rv parking.....You can look at a seating chart on the TMS page.

If you can find a good deal on the resale page on some PSL tickets they should include a parking pass.

The foremost thing to remember is get there early!!!!!TMS traffic has sucked since day 1, and they haven't gotten a lot better....You can spend time walking the souvenier trailer row and sometimes they have a driver there. We'd get there early enough to make breakfast in the parking lot, get our shirt, drop them back off at the car, maybe get a quick nap, then go in for the races......Afterwards we'd come out make dinner and wait for traffic to clear before leaving....***Note, last time I went there in the fall for the dirt race they had construction at I-35 and 820....It was a freaking nightmare....

Much appreciated, rebel. Thanks tps. Great advice. Tailgating always calms the beast. Well.... Food and beer in general calms the beast. Sounds like I might need a room for the weekend. That's ok too. Going to webpage now.if you have any other thoughts, I'm all ears. Aside from patience sounds fairly simple to handle. And they allow coolers?

If you have the means you may want to consider camping. No traffic to deal with that way. And the tram service is pretty good. Also, the souvineer trailers are no longer there. They have been replaced with NASCARS version of something better. So they are all located in a big tent, I don't particulary like it now, as it seems they don't have a big a selection they had with the trailers. But you can take your own beer in with you, there is a size limit on the cooler.

Camping huh? Hmmm... That could be very fun. Is the camping in the infield? Also if camping, would an atv be permitted? Generator permitted? I can go back to website if necessary, just thought maybe experience would know more. Thanks Rails

Mikey

you can camp in the outside camping areas as well around the track. price is better.

I know they will do "family pack" ticket deals usually 4 seats for a decent price for those events.

most of the seats that say PU are the higher placed seats and you will see the entire track but try to stay where you can see pit road.

parking is free anywhere with the TMS property just may have to walk and as mentioned get there early and don't be in a hurry to leave.

Camping huh? Hmmm... That could be very fun. Is the camping in the infield? Also if camping, would an atv be permitted? Generator permitted? I can go back to website if necessary, just thought maybe experience would know more. Thanks Rails

Mikey

Yes, camp if you can. In my opinion it will be a better experience for you and your cousin. And you will meet good people camping around you. Go up on Thursday and come home on Monday, no traffic that way. You can take a generator, and all your food and beer. There is a store on the grounds as well if you were to run out of anything. The infield camping is usually sold out but you can pick up some spots on the open market. But I prefer to camp in the other campground, Lone Star Circle. They have shower houses as well, you can rent a porta potty, and they will come pump your tanks out on your RV, but for a fee of course. They come by and sell ice, and would refill your water on the RV if you needed some, but there is a fee with that.

• 3 weeks later...

Short story on the "improved" shopping experience.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/sports/20160316/speedier-nascar-merchandise-area-now-under-a-ginormous-tent-at-auto-club-speedway

Full Disclosure: I will be at Fontana this weekend; taking my 7-year old to his first NASCAR race. It's only 10 minutes from my in-laws house so what the heck?

I would not miss the TMS race for anything. Spending all week there, camping, beer, bbq, and Nascar racing on a intermediate track. It does not get any better than that. You can hang out in the campgrounds and see the millions people spend on this fantastic sport. There is no telling how much money is spent on those motorhomes on the campground. Millions and millions. Nascar is great for the economy.

They had that same set up at Talladega last fall. They no longer have anywhere near the selection that was available when they were operating out of the trailers.

I figured as much. The souvenir trailers was one of the highlights of going to a Cup race. They can try to spin it anyway they want, but there is just one retailer now. I haven't seen this new setup, but looked around online trying to find my son a youth sized Chase Elliott shirt (Sorry Reb). There was nothing to be had anywhere that we could get on time, same with Ryan Blaney. If you go to these guys websites they don't have anything or link you back to fanatics.com or NASCARSHOP - which is just fanatics.

And therein lies the problem in my opinion. I accept that not every race is going to be a barnburner. I can even accept the fact that money overrides talent in getting one of the rides in what is supposed to be the premier American racing series. I can disregard the point standings which mean nothing, and a championship which, in my opinion, is cheapened over the ones won by Earnhardt Sr, Petty, Gordon, Labonte and others.

I still enjoy the sights, sounds and feel of race day at any level. I am also looking forward to seeing Larson, Elliott, Blaney, Abreu, Bell to name a few, develop and become the stars. I think they represent a refreshing bunch of guys who will represent the sport well.

But don't try to sell me that everything you (NASCAR) do is for the betterment of the fan experience, or enhances the competition to levels never seen before. It really is the marketing and sales pitch from NASCAR executives that bugs me more than anything on the track.

But hey, I am still looking forward to Sunday and exposing my son to his first Cup race. Hopefully, he will remember his the way I remember mine which was a great day at the track with dad seeing cars and drivers we only saw on TV. The command to start engines and waving of the green flag still gives me chills. I know it will be "different" for him, and I may even wish some things were the same as they used to be...but then, my dad felt the same way when he took me to Pocono for the first time.

I still think it's something every kid should experience at least once. And going to back to the original post, I think it's a great thing you are doing. TMS is a great place to see a race.

/rant

Here's what TMS is doing now.....Probably have a NA$CARUSA store in it.....

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/2016/03/tanger-factory-outlet-to-be-built-next-to-texas-motor-speedway-in-fort-worth.html/

......and we just thought traffic sucked on race weekends.....SMDH

"Champions Circle includes several projects designed to extend the time of a trip to the race track."

Hmmm....meaning having those conveniences nearby will motivate people to stay another day or two? Not seeing it.

This looks a lot like the plan for the "multi-use outlet" in Irwindale, CA. Unfortunately, their plans call for tearing down the speedway. It's been delayed, but it really looks like this is the last year for one of the nicest asphalt tracks I have ever been to.

• 3 weeks later...

Gona try. But still hasn't gotten tickets. My procrastination may cause me to go to the fall race. More time to plan anyway. Need to research camping area more. Heard a couple bad things about too much drinking. While I love myself a cold one, I wouldn't want my cousin to have a bad experience.

Archived