NASCAR

thumper

Im just curious if anyone on Speedzone actually likes NASCAR as I do and can carry a positive yet informed conversation. Its shaping up to be an interesting year with the new talent learning from the old school dudes. Also the tea sippers v/s the aggressor's strong will. Elliot, Blaney, Larson and Bushier stand to make their mark this year. Something happened this year that made the cars harder to drive and bump drafting not desirable. The tire issues in the shootout might affect the outcome but a smooth driver will prevail in my opinion.

Great week this week starting Thursday. Im rooting for Toyota as I always have been an import guy but I also have always supported the young guns as I love watching them develop.

Any picks for Daytona? My money is on Kenseth. He impressed my when he subbed for Bill Elliot years back and finished better than Bills average at the time. But Bills son Chase has shown maturity beyond his years and had a top team. Cool to see the 24 on the pole again.

Politics aside theres only one butt in the seat of each car. Im excited to watch.

Kenseth is a good choice.

I have been a fan of the Blaney family for over 30 years so I am pulling for Ryan. Especially after the latest shenanigans. oops.

Staying positive. Yes, I have a lot of hope for this wave of younger guys. They all seem likable enough.

Did hear them say bump drafting is harder because the bumpers do not line up to be able to do it . Get off center the car in front goes around. My pick is Harvick. I do watch Daytona , Talladega ,the road courses and Eldora. I wish ESPN would bring back something like Thursday Night Thunder from IRP. THAT was great.

It will be interesting to see what the crowd is like tonight with a multitude of short track races going on in the vicinity and only a couple of spots up for grabs in the twins. I realize they do it for TV, but I just have to think on this onenight, NASCAR is shooting themselves in the foot going against the local races.

But yes, it's still Daytona, and come Sunday morning I would love to be there.

Congratulations to Dale Jr. on his win last night. Hope he goes on to win the 500.

Everyone talks about how the current management of NASCAR is driving it into the ditch, but I think the loss of Dale Senior was what started the down hill slide.

Seems like things have never quite been the same since.

Well Dale and Kyle showed they have the right stuff but the 500 is a long race with many variables. I still going with Matt K. but I think he might have his hands full starting from the back.

Dales pass with 5 laps to go was very impressive indeed.

Trucks tonight. I think a Kyle Bush truck will take it.

Closest finish ever. My pick Kenseth was good to go but Denny does not ever quit! At least it was a Toyota taking the win. Great race, great afternoon. Im a contented fan! Hope you who watched enjoyed it as much as I did.

Now for my "Daytona" the big race at STS on the 12th. All the fast dudes will be there and the speed will be what I have not enjoyed for a time but Thumper is on his game and this might be his biggest race ever. Go for broke!!! 2016 looks good.

What a great Nascar Weekend. Starting with the truck race on Friday, got to see Austin Wayne hang with the leaders until the big one, Saturday, watched Chase Elliott battle the big boys for the win, and what more could you say about yesterdays race, what a finish in front of a sellout crowd. Out with the old, in with the new Nascar.....Digital dashes and lots of cash......Thanks to the geeks for making Nascar great again.

Great weekend of NASCAR for sure. Now the race blocking is over for a while the real racing will begin. Bristol and Martinsville will be fantastic but this weekend the racing will begin in earnest

Thank goodness for the new Chase format so there is very little reason for "points racing". Its all about winning now! Glad the trucks and Xfinity dudes went to this too. Its more like a big short track race where a team has to make it by running up front through heats and qualifying features. Loosers go home.

Archived