purestock

So what did you see from the stands cooter that was so "obvious " track allowed them to race so apparently wasnt too bad. Those 3 cars race all over the place at abunch of different tracks.

Well If you want to get into this, it was mostly body issue's that could be spotted from the stands, I am saying they don't fit the body rules posted out for this season at S.O.S., S.T.P. and S.T.S. I am sure they fit in the Factory stock or Hobby Stock class just fine. Track has the option to allow them to race, when they go through tech to get their sticker to allow them to race, it's a safety inspection not a class inspection

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to keep quiet. Its our own fault that we allow this to happen. Why have our own set of rules different than the whole state? In my opinion if we want to attract those cars to south texas get on their rules. If not make them follow our rules and not allow exceptions. What cars are going to support the local tracks? No there is not much difference bw the 2 but there differences. Its all called adaptation. Looking forward to the season.

Nothing against all the out of town cars they let you race they have gotten really strict on the Pure Stock rules what bodies excetera we have to have full frame cars and I Saw cars with the frame cut off like the limited in square tubing no back bumper cover aftermarket brake pedals the seat way back in the car and we have a percentage rule which would take care of that I think we build pretty good cars at my shop it is 100% legal and to the limit but had nothing for the top three or four cars

great race by all we ran up front and had a chance at the win with the current SOS,STS rules package, there are few things allowed in factory stocks that I wish we could run but our track does not allow aluminum bodies so we are stuck with steel I was just stating the obvious difference. again great race by everyone !

Those Houston cars and drivers are just good. I've seen them at SOS and STS and they do well. But I've also seen them at Battleground in a class that's about 50/50 as to what we're used too and a Factory Stock car. I'd be willing to say you let Bressee and Marinelli drive a more traditional Pure Stock per STS and SOS and they will do well there too. Yes there are some differences but seem like they make changes to even out the advantages they have. Evidently, Chase passed tech so they did meet the rules. I see the concern but these guys race with our guys as often as they can and did talk with track management to make sure they're legal. It was a good race, that 33 car was flying, Chuck's car was there until he got pinched and lost a tire. Logan reeled them in from deep in the field and Tony was there too. Now if STS/SOS decided to go closer to a Factory stock, how many guys on a regular night would they lose? It may be like the Street Stocks now where it seems you need a limited chassis or purpose built I Stock type car to be competitive and the old Camaros and metrics are becoming obsolete. I wouldn't want to see that happen to our Pures, but would like those Houston guys to feel comfortable racing down South with the concessions they make to fit close to our rules.

I think I know what you guys are trying to say. You go through all of the off season debating this and that rule (same for everyone everywhere) are told what is and isn't allowed then you get to the track and there sits a car that gets breaks on things.Now if they tried to race March 5 , I doubt they would be allowed.They called ahead of time asked the questions and got the ok so it is not on them.Which brings us to "big money" races. I see the promoters point of trying not to turn anyone away as they need to collect as much as they can on entry fees etc. to do these races.Fans and teams love those big races. As a fan I love to see new cars.And let me tell ya there are a lot of drivers down here that are just as good as they are and with equal equipment who knows. Someone asked why are we running different rules than other tracks? This is one reason why I am warming up to IMCA. Cotton Bowl opened my eyes to that. Anyway time to get ready for the regular season.Good luck to all the SOS racers and have a good season.

Tony like I said before its nothing against yall but when they limit us sooooo much then when the big money comes all rules except weight disappear. Weight is all they teched isn't it? Not hard to pass tech like that and again nothing against people who aren't regular attenders but why do they get the break and not us. I have seen the post on here for panels that appear stock and are cheaper than paying shipping online but I was using the online source as an example. Just would like equality and rule enforcement

I believe that South Texas Tracks need nationally sanctioned rules as bad as any place I have ever been. The rules down here are constantly changing and costing racers money. I grew up in West Texas racing asphalt and dirt. The asphalt racing was great when economy was strong but it suffered horribly in lower classes due to the no common rules with any regional tracks. It was difficult to travel unless you had a late model and there were still a ton of changes required. The dirt tracks were just as bad but began to figure it out much quicker. Dirt late model racing was thriving in that area until the cost drove the car counts to nothing. Today, everything out there is IMCA and the car counts are strong. It is not just an IMCA deal as Nesmith, UMP, USRA and other are doing the same thing with Late models, street stocks and factory stocks. There is safety in numbers. The strongest class down here is the limiteds or sport mods, my opinion is the success is due to following a national set of rules for the most part. There absolutely no sense in tracks getting in the rule writing business when there are good established sanctioned rules that encourage outside competition and allows area racers to travel. You don't have to sanction but you can use that template and work towards that if the racers and tracks desire.

The sad truth in racing is the only way to get faster is to go get outrun. I don't know Chevy35 well but I know him well enough to tell you that they aren't going to set back and accept getting outrun and he is itching to make changes to get on equal terms and go try'em on again. No matter what rules are written, no one is going to stop technology. Most do this because they are competitive driven individuals and want to win and work relentlessly to do just that.

With all that said, anyone need a nice competitive South Texas Street Stock?

http://www.arklatexspeedway.net/Rules/2016factorystockrules.htm

175 compression.

Stock aluminum intake or cast.

14in vac

3000 lbs

52 rear%

No shock claim rule..

Body...opportunity to move weight a little more no so heavy.

http://www.lonestarspeedway.com/downloads/1003/fi1003_3018.pdf

Sounds simple...

175 compression.

14in vac

3000 lbs

52 rear%

No shock claim rule..

Body...opportunity to move weight a little more no so heavy.http://www.lonestarspeedway.com/downloads/1003/fi1003_3018.pdf

Sounds simple...[/quote

Not much difference! I gaurentee you slight difference in compression and 400lbs pretty much more than equals out. Welded shocks or not you can make a simple phone call and get anything you want. Not like having a sts car and racing sos every weekend!

175 compression.

14in vac

3000 lbs

52 rear%

No shock claim rule..

Body...opportunity to move weight a little more no so heavy.http://www.lonestarspeedway.com/downloads/1003/fi1003_3018.pdf

Sounds simple...[/quote

Not much difference! I gaurentee you slight difference in compression and 400lbs pretty much more than equals out. Welded shocks or not you can make a simple phone call and get anything you want. Not like having a sts car and racing sos every weekend!

Lol u left out 2 more details...u dont see point...and id be glad to make a phone call to get any shock i want at the expense of your whatever payment and then the track can take them if they wish for 35ea. Then u can buy me some more of the same ones. And now you can have a sts car and race every weekend at sos...thanks for your clarification...i can read!!!

Archived