2015 Season Update

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope to hell if our class races at any tracks next year, they simply make all races points races. This crap of trying to figure out whether it's points or not, and then having it change the week of the race is totally uncalled for. This has caused so much unwarranted confusion I don't think anyone's happy----including the tracks but certainly the racers.

100% agree. But I remember a track will reschedule a rain out and people griped about that saying they made other plans around the schedule and couldn't make the rainout date. So I think tracks should make the schedule and say all races are points races including rainout reschedules.Simple.No exceptions.

Please remember STS has regular classes. These classes are Sport Mod, Pure Stock, Street stock, Emod and now Bomber. LLM and Sport compacts are not regular classes. My intention was to only run them 4 times this year to be nice to the drivers. We had not intended for there to be a point season. SOS was kind enough to accept this class and allow for a point season as you all requested.

STS will not be running LLM's or sport compacts as part of there 2016 schedule. If we run them at all it will only be as a fill in class.

Ken Hobbs

Top Shelf, I agree. 6-7 cars did support this class and have worked their butts off. I do feel for them as well. As a track we have to promote classes that have a real future. Due to some other items beyond the control of these drivers this class in my opinion will be very difficult to grow anytime soon. I do appreciate those who worked hard and supported this class!!!

Oh I agree 100% with you. From a fan's perspective, those 6-7 better put on a show. Unfortunately for these two classes, there would be 1-2 running strong, then the rest spread out. Not knocking the drivers in anyway, just a statement of fact. Puts them in a tough situation as well as the track to keep carrying these classes. One class never grew consistently and the other declined sharply. I know there are other factors and that's between drivers and tracks, but for a fan, don't think many want to see 6-7 cars per race and especially if you already have an idea of how it's going to end up.

Just as predicted..we had a building car count then several started complaining about having to drive too far. Went from running a full season to a scaled down points and non points version. It was stated that this would split class which it did and now the car counts are maybe 8-10 instead of 16 plus. The rain make up race of course was attended by the one's that have been supporting STS. I will support both tracks as I have done and thank both tracks for having us. (I like to race) The class is self destructing over crying about driving too far and it costs too much , to several driving like their in a Tank and tearing everyone up. This use to be a clean driving class and everyone and I mean everyone respected each other's equipment. What had changed? Think about it..it costs too much to drive that far but it's ok to over drive your car and tear yourself and others up!!! The class has not completed a 20 lap race yet at SOS

Taz....back in the day.....ITs expensive because of the tearing up....Most of us pointed out split champ between 2 tracks with non points nights would kill things.....It is expensive to drive 2 hrs and get tore up for no reason. clean up the driving liek you stated..I remember when we went 4 yrs on the same body.....I remember when we could go 5 wide and never touch anyone...I miss those days gary...

You know don't get me wrong here.I Liked LLM's and had supported them.I just just don't get not racing unless it was for points.If there was a $10,000 points fund I'd get it.But for a $40 trophy! Look what happened 6-8 car counts,less than exciting racing. I hope you guys have SOS next year. But I think E-Mods are going to be begging them too and I doubt if they care if it is for points or not.

Jamie your right that non points races hurt the class but it created selective racing and let other things get priority and which track they would race at. You have been supportive at both tracks. When the tracks got together and made 4 points nights each that was probably a sign to quit complaining and be happy you have a place to race. The last two races had 5 cars and 6 cars, not a good showing!! Hopefully we can have a good car at our last races and not have a demolition derby. I was hoping to be able to race again next season.

I have tried this in plain english....lets try latin or even hebrew. Shane.... ITS NOT THE DRIVE THAT IS EXPENSIVE. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. It is driving for 2 hours to have someone who has no idea what control is drive you into a wall...or take out half the damn field before lap one is completed..let alone reaching the flag stand..then having to drive 2 hrs home and spend half the mortgage to fix someones elses doing....WANT ME TO PUT THAT IN SIGN LANGUAGE? thats what has killed this class...and for those who can afford to fix things each weekend and not care thank you for killing the class.......bring it.

Hate seeing any class hurting but I think the biggest issue is the back makers. The front half cars for the most part do entertain the fans with racing. The back half entertain the fans with crashing and spinning out. For the life of me if you cant keep a car under you by yourself with nobody around you, constantly spinning out all by yourself then it only makes since you will do it in a group of cars taking others out with you. I think more then not I see leaders lapping cars only to have the lappers spin in front of them. Not going to say its the drivers or their cars but when you see it every race regardless of the car count it gets old from a fans standpoint. I am sure as a driver its even worst. Good luck guys....

Archived