2015 Season Update

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't referring to you Drew but if you want to make it a pissing contest we can.

I by no means am a perfect driver but we can match records anytime you want i will admit my mistakes and say i am sorry if i have to. Not make excuses for them.

I go to every race with the intention of winning and not tearing anybody.

Like I said at the top you are not the one who has mess this up but you know who they are.

Shane....i just want you to understand that it wasnt the argument over the distance. I know I have made a point to bring up the distance issue in the past but its because of the carnage..its a collective whole..we have been racing with each other a long time..not a pissing contest..However...the argument is what it is..we as drivers have killed the class...our reputation just like gary said. Having non points nights in a duel track championship killed it also because of how destructive our class is so some of us had to be selective to save with what we have. Little did some of us know that we would be screwed out of points for some reason but oh well..We all have had racing moments..myself included...others have had intentional moments...but as a whole we have lost the respect of each other and each others equipment and that is the most expensive reason why our class is dying....Not saying you pointed me out shane...Just want to make sure that everyone sees the entire picture...We have to be honest about what it is...we need to be a team of drivers..not individual enemies...I would drive to support any track as long as i could afford to fix what needs to be fixed. I think most of those who havent returned feel the same way....I applaud those who could make each race points or no points...Give me a check with no limit and ill be at each race ..get tore up..fix it and be back the following weekend....

I agree...commitment has to be such...however...with our format this yr and for those of us that want to run points...have to pick and chose because of how destructive we can be..if we could run 20 laps...not touch a soul..every night of the season it wouldnt matter points or non points. we all would run...however..thats not the case... and as an example i will use myself...we went 2 nights without a scratch...said you know what lets go to sts and run..car feels good. everyone seems to be somewhat respectful...should be able to get out front out of trouble...then boom on the green flag i get sailed into the wall....that to me is commitment per pocket book...had each race been for points some of our mentalities would have been different..when it as we have it this yr...it opens the door for drivers to pick and chose...and that can be a bad thing to the tracks eye and rightfully so..but the track doesnt fix our cars nor pay our bills...so what do we do?

YOU two racers drew and woodwayracing seem to get along .you both know whats wrong with the class .do others feel the same way in this class ...if so I suggest like we did in mini stock way back in the 90.s called all drivers had a meeting ironed most of our troubles out with each other and it did not mean we had to like each other just respect each other and work for a common goal...we showed hand count on subjects and rules we deemed number ones and went from 5 cars to 24 in the first year .I know there maynot be that many of cars in that class .but it wont hurt . we even had one on one meetings between drivers who could not get along as a whole around others and a race track .but off to the side something was worked out and some even became friends . we found the best way to handle things like that made it easier for a track to except us as they did .added plus .we who could build cars or help out some one did so .I helped many drivers with set ups to help them get around the track a lot better[ even hands on building 13 cars ].the way we figured it helping them helped the faster cars go home more often with a race car .and yes in some cases I helped them beat me and a couple of others went on the win championships .and today I still give those who could use my help info that may help them .Don Weatherspoon did that with me as a rookie and I never forgot him after 30years .....no class is dead unless you give up ..

99...lmao...your my boy...but im gonna say this....lets make it interesting.....LMAO....but seriously...its going to take short of a jet engine to stop me from taking back the points lead that was taken from me ...however...if you would like to join me up front and make it fun for the fans...lets do this......just do me a favor... please for the love of god wait until lap 2 before getting silly...LMAO....now thats funny and you know it... :D

YOU two racers drew and woodwayracing seem to get along .you both know whats wrong with the class .do others feel the same way in this class ...if so I suggest like we did in mini stock way back in the 90.s called all drivers had a meeting ironed most of our troubles out with each other and it did not mean we had to like each other just respect each other and work for a common goal...we showed hand count on subjects and rules we deemed number ones and went from 5 cars to 24 in the first year .I know there maynot be that many of cars in that class .but it wont hurt . we even had one on one meetings between drivers who could not get along as a whole around others and a race track .but off to the side something was worked out and some even became friends . we found the best way to handle things like that made it easier for a track to except us as they did .added plus .we who could build cars or help out some one did so .I helped many drivers with set ups to help them get around the track a lot better[ even hands on building 13 cars ].the way we figured it helping them helped the faster cars go home more often with a race car .and yes in some cases I helped them beat me and a couple of others went on the win championships .and today I still give those who could use my help info that may help them .Don Weatherspoon did that with me as a rookie and I never forgot him after 30years .....no class is dead unless you give up ..

Im hoping we can all come together after the season and get things ironed out..For the most part we all get along...on paper and in face. but on the track everything seems to go out the window. We will see...

Archived