Tony Stewart Case

arob

does indeed sound like some slander there towards Stewart but I am sure he will be done with the whole thing. However I find it hard to believe this toxicology information was not available and if it was why that was not public knowledge before. I read the Ward family could still sue TS as well I sure as hell hope they just leave this alone as well.

Stay in the car unless told otherwise, be a superstar later... settle it in the parking lot.

well i am sure glad i was not racing with this kid on the track ....he killed himself .that may seem mean ..... driver with drugs in his system could have been some one else killed ...and to think the family may sue tony shows just how stupid they are ..or money hungry ...either way the will lose again .let it go ....

I'm not sure how long marijuana stays in the system but obviously if he was under the influence at the time then that's an issue. If he smoked the night or two before then I'm sure we HAVE been on the track with someone like that at some point. Not that either one is right or that I would want any one to do either, but much rather have someone that smoked weed driving than someone that had been drinking. I know there's been instances of that!

I can't fault the parent's reaction today. They are doing what parents do. I think one of three things will happen:

1) They'll talk about a lawsuit, then their lawyer will try to talk some sense into them and it will just go away.

2) They'll talk about a lawsuit, then their lawyer will try to talk some sense into them, their lawyer will contact Tony's lawyer. Tony's lawyer will ask their lawyer to go back and ask, with all due respect, if they want their son's name tarnished by exposing his recreational habits and how he further endangered fellow competitors in an already risky sport and it will just go away.

3) They'll talk about a lawsuit, then their lawyer will try to talk some sense into them, their lawyer will contact Tony's lawyer. Tony's lawyer will ask their lawyer to go back and ask, with all due respect, if they want their son's name tarnished by exposing his recreational habits and how he further endangered fellow competitors in an already risky sport and there will be some sort of settlement offer made.

I really thought there'd be a civil suit and a quick, private settlement. Today's revelations change a lot of things....I think they'd have a hard time winning a civil suit at this point, and I think that makes #3 a lot less likely.

I think a suitable resolution would be for Ward's parents to fund an ongoing exhibit on emotional maturity and recreational substance control in auto racing at the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame and Museum. Centerpieces would be, of course, the lurid news headlines, the grand jury verdict, and various versions of the evidence videos.

Thinking that the Family waited until the grand jury results before going forward with any civil action. Now their lawyer will be all over them to file so he can get his 40 percent cut of the big prize.

After all, nothing helps the healing and closure process like a big fat settlement check.......

Im not so sure Stewart will settle with them. If they proceed with a civil suit, that kids reputation will be drug thru the mud. The Ward family will get more ridicule then they can imagine. Im hoping their attorney talks some sense into them.

Archived