Tony Stewart Case

arob

When I try to think of this as a positive move for Tony Stewart, it could be the DA doesn't want to make the call against the local guy. His political future would be in question at that point, not that it should have to do with anything, but like you said....we know how that goes.

If you look at it from the other way, it could be something borderline or "involuntary" that they need to look at from every legal angle before making a determination. Either way, there are going to be some angry people.

I'm not sure if the DA makes a recommendation or opinion when the evidence is submitted. Hopefully he's dotting i's and crossing t's and this will be resolved sooner than later

Hey Drew! How a ya doin?!

I think MOST people who know and understand the sport (Sprint Cars and dirt tracks specifically) go along your line of thinking. The problem is, it's a niche' sport, and the public just doesn't quite get it. Then when elected officials get involved...rarely does anything good happen or common sense prevail.

WELL all i can say is tony needs folks on the panel who understand racing ..cuz from all the folks i have talked too who have never been to a race would vote to hang tony ..that is until i explain things to em ..most have only seen part of the video from what the news bs was reported ....the implications of tony being found guilty will sit a bad standard for the racing community as a whole ......

My experience on juries is that the general public is pretty rational when given the facts and a calm time to think them over. My concern here is whether Tony's side of the situation is ever presented to the Grand Jury, or do they make their judgment from a purely conventional perspective.

Bobby you make a good point.....I think if he has to testify then he will...

Posse...Im good bro... havent raced because we got wrecked pretty good and put a new suspension unde the car. Hope to have it out for the last race before rebuilding in off season.. How are things in cali?

Hitech.... your exactly right and its a shame that the public uses his fame against him because of the media..

The way a grand jury works is one-sided. The DA presents his evidence to the jury and they decide whether to indite. If they vote to indite, then Tony gets to present his evidence in the trial.

But isn't the evidence supposed to present both sides? Or at least include Tony's input as it pertains to the questions he was asked?And any other "support" he may have recieved in the course of the investigation? I just find it hard to believe all the "evidence" in this case would be in support of one party.

Posse...Im good bro... havent raced because we got wrecked pretty good and put a new suspension unde the car. Hope to have it out for the last race before rebuilding in off season.. How are things in cali?

Hitech.... your exactly right and its a shame that the public uses his fame against him because of the media..

Glad to hear youkre doing ok Drew. when I left SA I know you were getting the motor back together. It's a humbling sport....just when things seem to be going ok...bam.

That judge knew he was gonna be on someones hit list no matter which way he went so Im sure thats why he passed it off. As for inditing smoke. Well, the facts are, there are no facts. Speculation isnt admissible. The facts are that both entered a known dangerous event. Period.

Glad to hear youkre doing ok Drew. when I left SA I know you were getting the motor back together. It's a humbling sport....just when things seem to be going ok...bam.

yeah we have 7 races on it..its a powerhouse..just got to get it to the ground...1 more night thi sseason then a total revamp of everything..gonna be fun..how is cali

Second thought on that civil suit....according to this report, Ward had marijuana in his system....wow. just. wow.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/tony-stewart-not-charged-by-grand-jury-in-death-of-kevin-ward-jr-190047656.html

By New York state law, any case that possibly involves felony charges must go to a grand jury for a possible indictment. Tuesday, the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reported that the grand jury was hearing testimony in the case. The grand jury had three options: felony charges, misdemeanor charges or no charges. It chose the third option, which is referred to as a "no-bill."

Tantillo said "two dozen" people were interviewed in the case and said that Ward had marijuana in his system and that the amount found was "enough to impair judgment."

He also said that there was no evidence of "aberrational" driving from Stewart before he hit Ward and that it appeared Stewart was driving in a straight line until he hit Ward.

Archived