Fire Show in the Bomber Feature

Desert COP

After looking at the aftermath of the fiery finish to my brothers first night out, I was able to determine the cause of the fire. The set screw on the float adjustment had backed out and caused fuel to be pumped out onto hot exhaust with fire ensuing. I'd like to thank Freddy, Kevin and the rest of the Fire Crew for their quick response.

My brother was able to hit the fire suppression system, and that gave him enough time to get out. At the end of the night all he said was wrong was he inhaled a little bit of the powder from the extinguishers. All's good though, and I'll be able to get the car back out there with very little effort and some fresh paint. I heard there were allot of people in the stands video taping, so share the video's or pictures please.

For Dan and Kandy, thanks again for giving us a place to race.

:ph34r: Cheers, Dennis :ph34r:

AKA: Desert COP

post-2037-0-37118100-1408975894_thumb.jpg

Yes Rodney - I did mention in the drivers meeting if the car was on fire the driver can exit the car without waiting on the fire crew to tell them it is oK.

Glad no one was hurt.

you would not have to tell me to get out .before or after .i am getting out asap.. lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Trust me, he was trying.

use to practice getting out ...

Good idea..

when i was flipped over onto my roof at cc in 1989 i went out the passenger side really fast ...now on any other given time i could not go that way tight fit in that pinto ..so you will find the smallest of holes to get the hell out ..to this day i still cant figure out how i got out that way plus that side was up against the wall ...must have turned rat at that time ..i dont remember unbuckling upside down .. all i know was i had to get out and go beat the heck out of that other driver .. after words i thought i could have been hit by another car , did not take the time in my madness to stop look and listen . after the fire crew and ambulance past by me as i was running towards that other driver they could have ran me over they did not see me either ..i never got out of my car with out first seeing it was safe after that night ..

Lesson learned then. I'm sure adrenaline kicks in pretty quick in that kind of situation. That's one good thing about my car it's big enough to get out both sides if needed, also the downfall, it is a big car lol.

well your tall and a big car helps .sorry boat.or is it ship ..least you have a car

Archived