New Street Stock

drew

New rules in place for that too.

lol..yea right. Read your rules again. The way their written...the gremlin body is still legal. It does not say you have to run fenders...or that compact bodies are not allowed....

no dog in this fight but i like your ugly duckling ... it should be grandfathered in you should get the brave man award for letting that thing out of the closet .....ill put the first vote in to keep that frightful looking body on ....any seconds . :P... added note ..i remember watching two brave car sales men drive two of those ugly cars from the dealership out to cc when they first entered the seen they were proud to show em off... we all got a good laugh ......ugly as they were a ton of people owned em ..that old 6 cylinder was fast ..ok now ill jump back out of my highjack ..carry on ..

Yea maybe so but after a year of constant compliants we are ready to put that behind us and move forward. If there is a compact body out there that will fit 108" wheelbase and have the approved look as a street stock then bring it up so we can make a decision on it one way or the other. But pinto, grimlin, pacer, sunbird, etc etc etc not an option.

New rules in place for that too.

lol..yea right. Read your rules again. The way their written...the gremlin body is still legal. It does not say you have to run fenders...or that compact bodies are not allowed....

dude I could never afford to be where you all are at but if I did dancer is my hero. id kick some ass same way. don't be embarrassed .. ha jmo

This is what happened to Nascar! Too much gray area! Simple rule is run stock sheet metal or replacement after market,parts should be a direct interchange from one another or even car to car.If you want to run a STOCK class make it stock,if you open it up to aftermarket bodies,then you after to start looking at other items and before long you are no longer stock but running Modifieds.If there are National rules IMCA or etc stick to that.

The trouble with that is if you limit to stock body you eliminate half the field.If you limit the other way you lose the other half.What is trying to be done here is to fairly allow everyone to compete without having to build a new car.

Yes your right ,exceptions to the rules has been done along time and it would take time to weed it out to keep the show going.

This is what happened to Nascar! Too much gray area! Simple rule is run stock sheet metal or replacement after market,parts should be a direct interchange from one another or even car to car.If you want to run a STOCK class make it stock,if you open it up to aftermarket bodies,then you after to start looking at other items and before long you are no longer stock but running Modifieds.If there are National rules IMCA or etc stick to that.

just change it to I-stock just saying!!! :D

The friday night practice at the Edna race this year was a setup I have never tried. It felt good. Everything we did Saturday was based on trying and testing it out Friday. I would have never tried it at a race without practicing it first. Not sure I would have been fighting for 3rd after starting last without the practice first. Its an example that nobody even Wade is getting 100% out of their car or setup. I see and hear of complainers that might want to look at their own car alittle closer no telling how much speed and handling you might be able to find.

The laws of physics work on asphalt or dirt. Yes, there are differences, but not as many as most dirt guys have been led to believe. Several of the teams who went to my asphalt suspension seminars are doing very, very well on dirt with basically an aspahlt setup.

Since most Central/South Texas dirt tracks turn one degree or the other of dry slick, the physics of weight transfer, roll centers, moment arms, etc, all come into play. And suspension geometry is also important on dirt if not quite as critical as asphalt.

Anyway, I hope to see some dirt teams sign up for the suspension seminiar early next year.

Nick

The laws of physics work on asphalt or dirt. Yes, there are differences, but not as many as most dirt guys have been led to believe. Several of the teams who went to my asphalt suspension seminars are doing very, very well on dirt with basically an aspahlt setup.

Since most Central/South Texas dirt tracks turn one degree or the other of dry slick, the physics of weight transfer, roll centers, moment arms, etc, all come into play. And suspension geometry is also important on dirt if not quite as critical as asphalt.

Anyway, I hope to see some dirt teams sign up for the suspension seminiar early next year.

Nick

I need all the help i can get can you make my car Drive itself and when,Where is it ,how much

I need all the help i can get can you make my car Drive itself and when,Where is it ,how much

We all are learning and there is always more to learn. I learn stuff every year, but the basics never really change. Physics is physics and suspenson geomerty is suspension geometry. What I teach is stuff every racer should understand but never have had the opportunity to have it all explained in words they understand.

I am working on locations and dates, but the classes will be in Jan through February. The classs meet five or six times over the 5 or 6-week period, usually on a week night. I have found that folks do better at learning this stuff and how it all works together by spreading the course out over a few weeks.

We use a 100% adjustable front end to demonstrate the various front end settings and how they work together as the suspension moves through travel. THis is a huge help in understanding bump steer for example.

I have offered in the past to do the seminar in CC, but for one reason or another it has never materialized. I am open to doing a CC Seminar if there is enough interest.

The course is $300 and includes a complete set of class notes (around 75 pages or more).

Nick

Archived