SO YOU THINK YOU CAN RACE?

You already have most of the same people working with both tracks. Why not run a combined points championship. 4 @SAS & 4 @ CTS for the Street Stocks Late Models Trucks Grand Stocks and Modifieds. That would or should I say should give the drivers a reason to travel. If CC, CTS, & SAS could get on the same page with rules for each of these classes the and an incentive for the drivers to come race each track the car counts should grow.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brad, please don't confuse this situation with the facts. LOL

Yes, the fact is that THR was on a downhill slide no matter how much we all admired and loved Mary Ann. She did her best, but car counts - even her beloved TSRS class - were down. Lots of reasons, I'm sure, but whatever the reason(s), we can't deny the facts.

Per Jim's request, I have written privately to him with a 10-item list, some of which were, well, rather candid. I have been candid and up front with Jim from day one and he has responded very appropriately. Has he acted on all my points? Of course, not. And will he act on all the points brought up in this thread? Of course not.

But I will say this. Jim listens and listens well. I am very impressed with his desire to do things right and make changes where he feels they are needed after evaluating all the input.

I feel certain that as more and more people come in contact with Jim and his crew, they will be more and more inclined to give CTS a shot once again and move Texas short track racing up a notch or two.

Nick

You already have most of the same people working with both tracks. Why not run a combined points championship. 4 @SAS & 4 @ CTS for the Street Stocks Late Models Trucks Grand Stocks and Modifieds. That would or should I say should give the drivers a reason to travel. If CC, CTS, & SAS could get on the same page with rules for each of these classes the and an incentive for the drivers to come race each track the car counts should grow.

DAMN CODY THEY ALREADY CUT THE THUNDER STOCKS FROM CTS AND YOU WANT THEM TO CUT THE CHARGER CLASS SAS? I SAY THAT BECAUSE YOU DIDNT INCLUDED THEM IN THE POST ABOVE.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION THAT I AM THROWING INTO THE MESS OF THINGS.

It is obvious that SAS and HMP have it figured out on how to get the car counts up. Now Simple solution given that there are 4 weeks a month and 4 asphalt tracks (SAS, HMP, CTS/THR, and CCS)

Week 1 - CCS

Week 2 - CTS/THR

Week 3 - SAS

Week 4 - HMP

Suggested months to run March - June and Sept - Oct. this way during the hottest months July and August drivers don't have to complain about the heat.

All 4 tracks will have 6 races a year totaling 24 races.

All 4 tracks will have a home track point system for a Local Champion and there will be a combined point system for all the tracks for a State Champion.

AGAIN JUST MY OPINION I AM THROWING INTO THE MESS.

Nathan are you saying its to hot in the flag stand in July? LOL

I am not saying it's hot anywhere but that the heat seems to be the biggest complaint during those months. Ok so during my run at THR in the flag stand on any given race day the practice session was from about 1130 till 4 the heat of the day made it up to 100-105 air temp. add the cars exhaust under the stand and the pavement directly under me it would reach anywhere from 125-135 degrees according to the gauge we had in the stand.... so YES I would say it gets a little HOT in the stand in July. When the sun went down it wasn't so bad....

I am not saying it's hot anywhere but that the heat seems to be the biggest complaint during those months. Ok so during my run at THR in the flag stand on any given race day the practice session was from about 1130 till 4 the heat of the day made it up to 100-105 air temp. add the cars exhaust under the stand and the pavement directly under me it would reach anywhere from 125-135 degrees according to the gauge we had in the stand.... so YES I would say it gets a little HOT in the stand in July. When the sun went down it wasn't so bad....

If i owned any of the tracks i would put a canopy over the flagstand it doesnt cost much. We put one over our quarter midget flagstand it worked out perfect. Something better then nothing and i know during the pratices and races it gets hot for you flagman. In fact i will make sure we get that done at sas for you.

If i owned any of the tracks i would put a canopy over the flagstand it doesnt cost much. We put one over our quarter midget flagstand it worked out perfect. Something better then nothing and i know during the pratices and races it gets hot for you flagman. In fact i will make sure we get that done at sas for you.

JIM CAN WE GET THAT DONE BEFORE THE NEXT RACE PLEASE!!!

So you are asking HMP to cut their schedule from like 16 to 18 to just 6?

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION THAT I AM THROWING INTO THE MESS OF THINGS.

It is obvious that SAS and HMP have it figured out on how to get the car counts up. Now Simple solution given that there are 4 weeks a month and 4 asphalt tracks (SAS, HMP, CTS/THR, and CCS)

Week 1 - CCS

Week 2 - CTS/THR

Week 3 - SAS

Week 4 - HMP

Suggested months to run March - June and Sept - Oct. this way during the hottest months July and August drivers don't have to complain about the heat.

All 4 tracks will have 6 races a year totaling 24 races.

All 4 tracks will have a home track point system for a Local Champion and there will be a combined point system for all the tracks for a State Champion.

AGAIN JUST MY OPINION I AM THROWING INTO THE MESS.

DAMN CODY THEY ALREADY CUT THE THUNDER STOCKS FROM CTS AND YOU WANT THEM TO CUT THE CHARGER CLASS SAS? I SAY THAT BECAUSE YOU DIDNT INCLUDED THEM IN THE POST ABOVE.

I never mentioned cutting any classes. Lol I didn't even mention my personal favorite class the sport mods on the sole reason that both tracks don't run them.

I am not saying that they need to cut their races but have special nights that all the other tracks may have off that week to come out and play for a state champion points or something like that... remember i am just throwing a mess into a mess.....

Donnie, personally I do not want a canopy for SAS. I like the way that the flag stand is there and other tracks. it allows for more air flow i think and less of a heat bubble. PLUS I don't want to add anything else to it that would get in the way of the fans view of the races. Personally I don't mind the heat as long as I have plenty of Ice Cold Sweet Tea and water up there with me I am good.

I am not saying that they need to cut their races but have special nights that all the other tracks may have off that week to come out and play for a state champion points or something like that... remember i am just throwing a mess into a mess.....

Donnie, personally I do not want a canopy for SAS. I like the way that the flag stand is there and other tracks. it allows for more air flow i think and less of a heat bubble. PLUS I don't want to add anything else to it that would get in the way of the fans view of the races. Personally I don't mind the heat as long as I have plenty of Ice Cold Sweet Tea and water up there with me I am good.

WELL THERE YOU GO!!!!

I am curious to know about all you super stock guys what your plans are. Lets speak hypothetical. What IF, San Antonio is not able to continue after this year? Again, just hypothetical. All you guys that only want to run SAS will be out of a track. And since it seems very apparent that it is the only place your gonna run, who are you going to blame then when you dont have anywhere to run? Toyota, economy, Obama, Bush, Chevron, Disney cruises, or the price of tea in China? Of the tracks that offer this class, SAS CTS and I think (not 100% sure) CCS, you attend 1. If it wasnt for Mickey Mckim, the car count for supers at CTS this weekend would of been 0. So lets continue the hypotheticals and say that this continues the rest of the season and CTS drops the class, SAS can not continue after 2013, HMP doesnt have the class, and CCS is the only place to run. Whatcha gonna do then? You still hanging all your hopes on SAS? I too hope that SAS will be able to continue in the future but its not set in stone. That is the real world facts. I also know that several SS cant always make it to other track every race. But with the amount that show up to SAS, many from other areas other than San Antonio, I cant understand why some cant participate every race. CCS wants cars from SAS and CTS, CTS wants cars from SAS and CCS, etc. For years many guys and gals whined about the difference in rules not allowing you to run other tracks. Guess what, you can run almost every track with a superstock. So whats your excuse this time? Or do you have the model of racecar trailer that doesnt come with wheels?

my deal is sponerships,money,i drove to sas on fri.got to the gate 100.0for pit passes100.0 motel,over 100.0 for fuel,drinks ect.didnt even get on the track.cts would be no differant if not more.it should be 200. to start my classes feature jmo. i love racing but im not going to the poor house to do it.i hope the stands were good last night.hope to be their in nov.when are they going to put my laps up.and under what name???

I'm currently in the building stages of my car and I can only put so much money in at a time I'm hoping to be ready by next season and hope to run cts and ccs dunno about sas due to this is my first time doing this...I was dissapointed in seeing that only one person showed up for the super stocks I hope this changes

I was disappointed ...tried to get them to let me run with the trucks. If there was a lower car count in trucks they said maybe. With that said I did have a good time with friends and family watching some very good racing. All classes looked good and the bleachers were pretty full. CTS officials and many fans were baffled why 18 or 20 supers showed up for the SAS race and they didn't make it out to Kyle. I am pretty sure I know why most didn't. The rain out. Most that were planning to race and got rained out probably had their cars set up for that race. Gears were in, everything ready for the big show. Why change for CTS and then change back ? More expense and the chance of breaking. Hopefully I will have money for a road trip and some gears because I really enjoy racing @ SAS. Hopefully everyone can get to race there that signed up before the rain out. After that if your car is still in one piece you should try to make it to CTS.

ps. If I fall into a bucket of money I'll be @ SAS in 2 weeks....

I am curious to know about all you super stock guys what your plans are. Lets speak hypothetical. What IF, San Antonio is not able to continue after this year? Again, just hypothetical. All you guys that only want to run SAS will be out of a track. And since it seems very apparent that it is the only place your gonna run, who are you going to blame then when you dont have anywhere to run? Toyota, economy, Obama, Bush, Chevron, Disney cruises, or the price of tea in China? Of the tracks that offer this class, SAS CTS and I think (not 100% sure) CCS, you attend 1. If it wasnt for Mickey Mckim, the car count for supers at CTS this weekend would of been 0. So lets continue the hypotheticals and say that this continues the rest of the season and CTS drops the class, SAS can not continue after 2013, HMP doesnt have the class, and CCS is the only place to run. Whatcha gonna do then? You still hanging all your hopes on SAS? I too hope that SAS will be able to continue in the future but its not set in stone. That is the real world facts. I also know that several SS cant always make it to other track every race. But with the amount that show up to SAS, many from other areas other than San Antonio, I cant understand why some cant participate every race. CCS wants cars from SAS and CTS, CTS wants cars from SAS and CCS, etc. For years many guys and gals whined about the difference in rules not allowing you to run other tracks. Guess what, you can run almost every track with a superstock. So whats your excuse this time? Or do you have the model of racecar trailer that doesnt come with wheels?

VERY WELL SAID ! And Agree 100%

Archived