SO YOU THINK YOU CAN RACE?

From a fan standpoint SAS is just a special place.When I do hear drivers talk about racing elsewhere SAS is the place they most want to go. Maybe the size of SAS allows you to get all out of your car.This is not saying anything negative against CTS or CCS. Both tracks are working so hard and I hope it pays off for both of you.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From a fan standpoint SAS is just a special place.When I do hear drivers talk about racing elsewhere SAS is the place they most want to go. Maybe the size of SAS allows you to get all out of your car.This is not saying anything negative against CTS or CCS. Both tracks are working so hard and I hope it pays off for both of you.

ITS THE CLOSES THING TO DAYTONA FOR SOME OF US ..WHEN YOU ONLY GET A FEW CHANCES TO RACE SAS .TAKE IT ..WE HAVE RAN MANY TPS RACES THERE OVER THE YEARS AND WON ONE IN 05 AND HAD A SHOT IN 06 BUT A BROKEN LEFT FRONT SHOCK MOUNT AND A SICKER THAN HECK CREWMAN ME WAS NOT THINKING WHEN MY SON PUT THE TIRES ON THE CAR I SET UP IN ORDER FOR PLACEMENT . DID NOT REALIZE THE CAR WAS PARKED BACKWARDS FROM NORMAL AND RIGHT SIDES ON LEFT LEFT ON RIGHT .MADE THE CAR TIGHT BUT STILL CAME FROM BACK IN THE PACK TO FINISH THIRD ...CRAZY DRIVER ..NOW MY SON WILL GET TO RACE THERE. AND MAYBE ILL BE BEHIND THE TPS CAR IN SEPTEMBER ...WE HAVE FOUR CARS THAT WILL BE THERE FOR SEPTEMBER..

I have no doubt that CTS will make it. They treat the drivers good, the show is good and the payout is good. Everything is improving because the management listens. I can't speak for the other tracks. SAS may be here this year only or there may be races next year and the year after. I am already working on getting gears for SAS so I can make one or two races this year. I can only describe that track as "Scary Fast" when I have raced there...well I wasn't scared but my adrenalin level was way up there !

I WANTED TO SAY ONE MORE THING!!! I WOULD BRING BACK THE WINNERS CIRCLE ON THE START FINISH LINE YOUR FANS ARE A BIG SUPPORT OF YOUR TRACK AND THEY HAVE THIER CHOOSE OF DRIVER THEY CHEER ON AND WHEN THEY WIN THEY WANT TO CELEBRATE WITH THEM. SOME RACERS LIKE TO CLIMB THE FENCE LIKE HUNTER AND SOME DO BURNOUTS AND SOME CLIMB ON TOP OF THEIR CARS OR WHAT EVER!! ITS NEAT TO SEE THE GLARE IN THEIR EYES THAT THEY WON A RACE WEITHER IT WAS THIER FIRST ONE OR THEIR LAST. IT TAKES A FEW MINUTES AND ITS GOODTIME FOR THEM TO THANK THEIR SPONSORS AND THEIR FANS!! WHEN YOU GUYS DO THE DEAL ON STAGE MOST DONT GO TO SEE THAT LET THE FANS BE APART OF THE SHOW ALITTLE BIT!!JMO <_<

Hey Donnie,

We announced in the driver's meeting that we would be doing this and some took advantage while others did not. Not sure if you were at the race but I thought you'd like to know we tried it and will keep doing it the rest of the season. Thank you for the suggestion!

Nathan are you saying its to hot in the flag stand in July? LOL

I am not saying it's hot anywhere but that the heat seems to be the biggest complaint during those months. Ok so during my run at THR in the flag stand on any given race day the practice session was from about 1130 till 4 the heat of the day made it up to 100-105 air temp. add the cars exhaust under the stand and the pavement directly under me it would reach anywhere from 125-135 degrees according to the gauge we had in the stand.... so YES I would say it gets a little HOT in the stand in July. When the sun went down it wasn't so bad....

If i owned any of the tracks i would put a canopy over the flagstand it doesnt cost much. We put one over our quarter midget flagstand it worked out perfect. Something better then nothing and i know during the pratices and races it gets hot for you flagman. In fact i will make sure we get that done at sas for you.

JIM CAN WE GET THAT DONE BEFORE THE NEXT RACE PLEASE!!!

I'm pretty sure Daryl had an umbrella on the stand this past race. If someone saw different please let me know so this can be fixed. Thank you.

Archived