What is the Value of a Race team to the Track

abrungot

Ok this is off topic....Donnie and Aaron, you guys should bring your cars out to CTS on the 29th and run with the Supers. Don't let them sit. Come and have some fun. Donnie when we last talked you said you & Hunter might. Aaron, I'm sure you have a list of reasons not to but try it once.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HMP has a great business plan john an his hmp team find great sponsors that help pay a very good purse an that promotional things they do are fan friendly so car counts are amazing great racing an butts in the seats wow the racing world turns lol john hold :ph34r: l some promoter work shops then tx racin will be helped jmo

Cottonbowl i think last weekend, had the worse Local Car Counts i have seen most of the year, difference was Pit passes went from $25 to 30, and the front Gate fee went up as well... All because of Sprint cars were there.

Cotton Bowl also has a $5 off coupon in the local free papers, which in turn makes general admission prices below face value even on a big show like the sprint cars. Although the "local" car count was lower than usual the bleachers butts doubled. Sure we can do the math on average number of general admission tickets sold but that doesn't include all the free kids that buy bags and bags and more bags of cotton candy. most of the time tracks use the back gates and front gates to pay for the show, souveniers and concessions is where they make their profit. So we should definetly add into the equation how much each person spends at the track. $5 seems to be a safe number 600 butts in the stands be it free kids full price adults or the genius who grabbed the coupon. $3000 isn't that bad of a number if all the payouts are covered by the gates. jmo

John has done a lot with HMP to get it where it is today. I remember back when I was working as a TSRS Official and there was very few people in the stands, The best memories I have was when we had a smooth caution free night.

So if you lose $ on the purses.. it makes it real easy to keep the lights on right?

I know this is all rocket science and I'm a stupid idiot according to somsom

I wouldnt sweat it Big A, this got way off topic right from the start and as normal the entire point was compleatly missed. Been there a few times myself which is why I dont ask anything about anything on here anymore. Hope you learned your lesson!!! :lol:

I just read this whole thread and have yet to see anything that constitutes an answer to the original post. However,there does seem to be some subliminal messaging for pro dirt.

Guys, quit bitching, get your cars out and go race. Race whatever class you want. Just race.

I wouldnt sweat it Big A, this got way off topic right from the start and as normal the entire point was compleatly missed. Been there a few times myself which is why I dont ask anything about anything on here anymore. Hope you learned your lesson!!! :lol:

All forums tend to wander off topic and, of course, this one was no exception. But that does not mean that the basic question was not valid. It is a valid question and one that is bound to generate strong opinions.

Aaron has a knack for bringing up subjects for discussion that generate strong feelings. I don't mind strong feelings and off-the-wall ideas. What I do mind is when we get to comparing this local short track to another in a negative way, or, of course, outright bashing and all the other stuff that usually brings an edit from yours truly.

Aaron, you are not stupid and track management actually is rocket science!

Nick

All forums tend to wander off topic and, of course, this one was no exception. But that does not mean that the basic question was not valid. It is a valid question and one that is bound to generate strong opinions.

Aaron has a knack for bringing up subjects for discussion that generate strong feelings. I don't mind strong feelings and off-the-wall ideas. What I do mind is when we get to comparing this local short track to another in a negative way, or, of course, outright bashing and all the other stuff that usually brings an edit from yours truly.

Aaron, you are not stupid and track management actually is rocket science!

Nick

Nick, The original post says "Pro Lates COST the track (or fellow Racers) $320 a Car, or $4,100" ... get that? (or fellow racers). How "you're" choosing to read it may be valid, but the dig about fellow racers told me something else was going on. Next time I see you you can explain the validity of this thread. Or, the theory of relativity...your choice. :rolleyes:

I do think you should coin the phrase "this is not track management" . Rocket science is a bit stale.

Nick, The original post says "Pro Lates COST the track (or fellow Racers) $320 a Car, or $4,100" ... get that? (or fellow racers). How "you're" choosing to read it may be valid, but the dig about fellow racers told me something else was going on. Next time I see you you can explain the validity of this thread. Or, the theory of relativity...your choice. :rolleyes:

I do think you should coin the phrase "this is not track management" . Rocket science is a bit stale.

Hey, Mike, "Rocket Science" and "Track Management" are right up there with "Racing Forum Administration." The primary skills needed to moderate a racing forum are:

A) the ability to read between lines with 100% accuracy;

B) possession of "Texas-tuned" and very sensitive Intent Meter" to instantly know the intent of every post in spite of what is actually posted;

C) thick alligator hide instead of human skin since attacks by logic-busting amatuer lawyers and racer moms nearly every day, two of the most ferocious creatures on earth.

Well, come to think of it, perhaps Chief Tech comes close with the added skill requirement of having a state-of-the-art "B.S Meter." You know, "I bought it that way from Bubba. You never busted Bubba so you must hate me and I ain't never coming back to this blankety-blank track." Or..."Those 75 cubic inches doesn't gain me a thing on a short track. Bubba runs one 85 CID over and you never busted him, so you must really hate me and I ain't never coming back to this blankety-blank" Or.... well, you get the idea.

Nick

I do, but it's top secret. Where do you think I collect all that "racer methane" I use to build my famous Lighter than Air Chassis?

Nick

JUST SORT OF WONDERING .AM I TOPS ON YOUR SECRET BS METER.AND I ALWAYS HAVE PLENTY OF METHANE FER YOU JUST NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO SHIP IT .YOU MUST KEEP IT AWAY FROM FLAME .

I found this thread intresting and informative but not all inclusive.The idea that seems to make the most sence is to take all the positive ideas,drop all the negative ones and combine them all to create a place where everyone can have an enjoyable evening.If you order a plate of shrimp fried rice,then seperate the shrimp from the rice,neather makes a meal.Its always been hurtful to me and the other poor guys that race be defined as bathroom break classes.The real story is any class is as good as its promoted.Why argue which car is more important when ALL cars are equally important to the nite? Unless the shinny expensive car can provide 2 to 3 hours of sustained entertainment,they NEED the entry level body cars if for no other reason to make their own series look faster.

I have been personally been involved in promoting the 4 cyl cars for 40 years and found where their successful is where they get support not only by the track but the other divisions as well.Today the 4 cyl cars dwindle because of image.When Thunderhill began their ministocks it became a real race class and was successful.As the comments developed about how they were unimportant they dwindled.Its that image thing.

Right now at South Texas Speedway the clallange of how to make a track successful has been met without question.What brings the fans is entertainment,weather it be sprint cars,regular classes or playing in the mud.Its like a beach party where a croud brings more people.What brings people to the track is OTHER PEOPLE.So give a varity like a buffet so nobody goes home hungry.People party with friends,not strangers or cars.You could race trycycles as long as its fun for all.STS has something for all.And dont tell me your better than I or my people are,we dont buy that!

I think you hit on the reason for success of STS. It is the whole of the program there.I as a fan have my preferences but this season every class has something to offer.There are 3 tracks in my general area ,2 dirt and 1 asphalt , that are doing very well in terms of car count and attendance.What do these tracks offer to be that way? What these guys are doing , whatever that is , is what needs to be followed.I would think the survey to be taken is to ask 1. the racers why they chose those tracks and 2. why the fans go to those tracks.

What is the Value of a Race team to the Track

1) An Ample amount of Frustration given to officials and track owners

2) Fans get to see a fight then a race breaks out

3) The return on Recycled Beer Cans alone should be enough :P

Well there's 3 and I wasn't even trying hard

Maybe I have an OBSCURED view of the Question....lol

EXACTLY.

Two guys are doing what guys do best (being the pigs we are) and rating the girls walking into a bar. A brunette walks in and both agree shes easily a 7. A blonde walks in - one guy says WOW - 9 the other says 2. The first guy asks the second why so low - the second says - she was talking.

Somehow promoters can justifiably apply that same logic to racers and their crews.

Archived