My Personal prediction regarding Saturday's race at CTS

Big G Smith

The Budwiser 250 will pull a larger crown than The Randy Roger's Band concert.

I am predicting a record crowd for Saturdays Central Texas Speedway's first race of the season.

They have a whole lot of advertising running in both San Antonio and the Austin markets for this event.

This will be great for the sponsors to see their sponsorship dollars at work, getting exposure to potential new business. NASCAR fans always support the sponsors who support racing.

Randy Rogers still had a bigger crowd...

Randy Rogers Band pulled a much larger crown. The crowd for the NASCAR race last night was still respectable. I'm not sure of the exact count but it looked to me like the grand stands were about 3/4 full. Same with the parking lot.

The racing was really good and the show was over at 9PM as planned. The music and activities after the race was lots of fun.

Duke got some nice shots of the cars as everyone can see on his thread.

I can hardly wait till next race.

Seems like the race track is taking a back seat to the music.Let me ask when the people buy a ticket to the concert is the price include admission to the races too and visa-versa?Hopefully the car counts get better.

The tickets for the NASCAR race includes the concert afterwards. I think the folks attending are there for the race with the concert as a bonus afterwards. I don't think people are coming just for the music.

The PRO Lates had a good car count (12) and put on a fantastic show. It was my first time to see them run and they were very fast with some good racing. I'm sure car count will improve once word gets out about the track.

Just my personal opinion.... Although i wasnt there for the saturday show but was there for the friday show.... the crowd was maybe 80 people and the car counts were low. If i had never been to the track before i would not have come back seeing how the show was done. it took way too long between races to run them. Also i am not sure how the drivers understood the flagman... warm up laps with showing 5 in one hand and the rolled up green in the other... Again just my opinion as i didnt see saturday...

Seems like the race track is taking a back seat to the music.Let me ask when the people buy a ticket to the concert is the price include admission to the races too and visa-versa?Hopefully the car counts get better.

The tickets for the NASCAR race includes the concert afterwards. I think the folks attending are there for the race with the concert as a bonus afterwards. I don't think people are coming just for the music.

The PRO Lates had a good car count (12) and put on a fantastic show. It was my first time to see them run and they were very fast with some good racing. I'm sure car count will improve once word gets out about the track.

Some of our friends were here from Florida helping this week-end. They have been running their Late Model at Monroe, LA they are headed home to spread the word .. Hopefully San Antonio and CTS will pick up some of the cars racing over .. willing to make the haul.

Just my personal opinion.... Although i wasnt there for the saturday show but was there for the friday show.... the crowd was maybe 80 people and the car counts were low. If i had never been to the track before i would not have come back seeing how the show was done. it took way too long between races to run them. Also i am not sure how the drivers understood the flagman... warm up laps with showing 5 in one hand and the rolled up green in the other... Again just my opinion as i didnt see saturday...

I don't think you can make a valid comparison between Friday and Saturday.

For those that did not attend, save your opinion until you do. From what I've seen, the management is very committed to the race facility. They advertised the hell out of the race. If you did not attend, or did not bring your cars out, it's on YOU. The payout was the best this track has had by far since I've been around. If you're not racing for the money, good for you. If you're not racing because of hurt feelings, no one can help you. Maybe you will feel better when there is no place to run on asphalt. It almost happened. It's an asphalt track in Texas right in your backyard. 5 modifieds tells me they're not in it for the money. Trucks...I see trucks destroyed week after week in Houston. The 8 or 9 that showed for this race ran a clean 40 laps. Bottom line...the track is here. It's up to you to attend. It's up to the track to get it right. So far they are trying. Are they perfect...nope. Will they make adjustments...probably. Again, low car counts is on YOU, the car owners. Everything was so easy, especially in the tech. Not sure what else you guys want. I get the Friday night issues. That would be tough. But Saturday, makes no sense. If it comes down to cost to get in, talk to management. So far, from what I've witnessed, they actually listen.

For those that did not attend, save your opinion until you do. From what I've seen, the management is very committed to the race facility. They advertised the hell out of the race. If you did not attend, or did not bring your cars out, it's on YOU. The payout was the best this track has had by far since I've been around. If you're not racing for the money, good for you. If you're not racing because of hurt feelings, no one can help you. Maybe you will feel better when there is no place to run on asphalt. It almost happened. It's an asphalt track in Texas right in your backyard. 5 modifieds tells me they're not in it for the money. Trucks...I see trucks destroyed week after week in Houston. The 8 or 9 that showed for this race ran a clean 40 laps. Bottom line...the track is here. It's up to you to attend. It's up to the track to get it right. So far they are trying. Are they perfect...nope. Will they make adjustments...probably. Again, low car counts is on YOU, the car owners. Everything was so easy, especially in the tech. Not sure what else you guys want. I get the Friday night issues. That would be tough. But Saturday, makes no sense. If it comes down to cost to get in, talk to management. So far, from what I've witnessed, they actually listen.

Very well written and very true.

We brought out the mini for Friday. They aren't running thunder stocks so that car stayed home I had to take off work to get it there and my wife wasn't going to be able to get there in time from her work so I ran the car. ( they did make me register for another $50) even though I'll probably not drive it again but oh well)My experience was it was a little hit and miss. Things were not very smooth but being the first race it was expected and understood. I like the management, seem very sincere, in regards to being committed to the racing portion. Car count was pretty bad on Friday but I think that was kind of expected as well. Saturn's won again as usual which is why we don't race the mini as much as we used to, not because we didn't like the track. I'm not sure how many times we will make it because of work but we will try every now and then when the racing bug hits..it would help if racing was pushed back an hour on Friday. All in all I like the changes made. I left right after the race since everyone I know didn't come due to work issues and I was afraid if I didn't move the car before the concert I would be locked into the pits. I'd bet they learned some things and it will smooth out. If your hesitant to run your car, I'd say don't be. I liked it.

I also looked at tickets for Saturday and think you can buy a ticket for the concert only for $8 not good until 8:30 pm

I think the management and staff were great, there are a few things that can be smoothed out. I think maybe something needs to be worked on for friday nights due to work issues for a lot of people to get car counts up. Only thing I was really upset with was having an engine problem right before the green flag for the mini stock race.

Friday was the first race for the new management at CTS. The flagman who was to flag the race died earlier in the week. (my thoughts and prayers go out to his family). Chris Baker ,who is not an experienced flagman helped out on with flagging on Friday. Saturdays show was flagged by an experienced flagman. (I don't know his name but he did an really good job.)

As for car count on Friday, If any of you recall they were not going to run mimi's or sport mods on Friday. Only Grand Stock and Super Stock. CTS management listened when the mini guy's and the sport mod guy's complained and put them in the show. Someone within those classes should step up and work on getting the car count up. I agree that the start time should be moved back an hour on Friday's so drivers and fans both can get to the track before the race starts. I am sure CTS management will be reading all of your posts on this forum and it seems to me they listen to suggestions and will make changes if it will help the show. I know they are committed to making CTS the best paved Oval Track in Ccentral Texas.

That was Darryl Ogden, he did indeed do a great job flagging as usual. Hope he stays on the team. Baker did a good job, he had about 1.5 hr to prepare. Thought the weekend was a success. Thing to remember is there were struggles in 2012 as well with car counts, will take some time. Hope to see some great turnouts in the coming events. Thanks to all that did come out and race, spectate or work.

Very well said. My sentiments exactly. As for us, we will do our best to support all 3 tracks that have the trucks on their schedules. We won't be able to make every race at every track due to supporting all 3, but we will definately be there as much as we can. We appreciate everything all of these tracks are doing to keep short track racing alive in Texas.

Myself, I had a Gr. Low car count was aeat time.No wrecks in my class, only competitive racing!

Had a great time. Came home with good money I didnt expect to bring home that kind of money all season combined. We are not out their racing for money buy it definitely helped so we can buy tires. I know there is fast sport mods out come bring them. Out for some fun racing.

Friday was the first race for the new management at CTS. The flagman who was to flag the race died earlier in the week. (my thoughts and prayers go out to his family). Chris Baker ,who is not an experienced flagman helped out on with flagging on Friday. Saturdays show was flagged by an experienced flagman. (I don't know his name but he did an really good job.)

As for car count on Friday, If any of you recall they were not going to run mimi's or sport mods on Friday. Only Grand Stock and Super Stock. CTS management listened when the mini guy's and the sport mod guy's complained and put them in the show. Someone within those classes should step up and work on getting the car count up. I agree that the start time should be moved back an hour on Friday's so drivers and fans both can get to the track before the race starts. I am sure CTS management will be reading all of your posts on this forum and it seems to me they listen to suggestions and will make changes if it will help the show. I know they are committed to making CTS the best paved Oval Track in Ccentral Texas.

I am very aware of the face that the flagman passed away... I worked him for the last several months... My prayers are out to his family....

On a side note, I was the head flagman there for a few years prior, AND i did try to make contact with the track in regards to helping out with the flagging on friday and was never told yes to flagging. I offered to help out but never was told to help...

Archived