Update list of LLM/LM drivers for CCS May 18,2013 race

Abel64

Im pleased to announce our newest LM/LLM entry is none other than legendary Greg Davidson.

Below is our updated drivers list.

1. Mike Reiniger

2. Paul Reyes

3. Bobby Teer

4. Todd Farris (2 cars)

5. Larry Bendele

6. Troy Hensiek

7. Jeff Moore

8. Johnny Hernandez

9. David Sevilla Jr.

10.Dillon Spreen

11. Chris Davidson #41

12.John Heil

13.Matt Kaminski

14.Arthur Alexander

15. James Sousa

16.Greg Davidson

17.Cory Lovell

18. Casey Smith

19.(Driver to be announced)

20. George Hagy

21. Tommy Grimes (#22)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's official. This race is worth the trip from San Marcos just to spectate. May as well eat at Water Street while I'm there.

Water street where you walk in and stagger out .best of both worlds .. Snoopy's where you make sure your sit in a good covered area from the seagull bombs . yeah making me hungry ...me personally I love the railroad inn seafood but you cant go wrong at anyone of em .. maybe budman can catch a ride with one of you he loves the seafood down here and bring nick along i will have a burger drink and a dog waiting for em if he does not like seafood ..

I'm happy to announce yet another late model driver who asked me to announce him later.That makes it 17 on the list thanks to all.

Should I just let the cat out of the bag...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy to announce our new driver to be announced,Cory Lovell. Thank you Cory for your participation,more drivers are to be listed as the commit. Keep checking for updates here on speed zone.

Its really sad that the promoters are using the old nascar-limited late models for field fillers, kinda of insulting they believe the rules have any kind of parity built into them. These old cars cannot get their overall weight with proper distribution anywhere close. Penalizing the 2bl motors is crazy considering the blessed 20k crate motors are making considerably more horsepower.

As always the promoters believe everything they are told by the well funded ,just so they can throw a few names around to attract unknowing fans. Unfortunately there will be several of the old teams that will spend the money to spectate from the rear.

Kinda of curious if the people writing the rules at the tracks are just technically challenged or just trying to create a venue for their buddies to race.

After all these years cant anyone set down and think a way to combine existing equipment for close competitive racing that is cost effective and fan friendly.

You would think that after all this asphalt death we have had the last 5 years someone would do something to keep it going long term no matter what the economy.

But then promoters can always depend on spectator racers to fill their fields with their enthusiasm and money.

Lol @ the people that don't own a race car yet think their "informed" opinion is relevant...

wonder who hurt his feelings ....i think its a great ideal to get those cars off of jack stands .i am looking forward to it ...a promoter or promoters wants to bring life back into as he said asphalt death should be thanked ....something good could come from all of this ...i do not think the drivers thought it was insulting based off who and how many are joining up..

fishracer,

I'm not sure why you are so negative about folks making it possible for race cars that have been sitting around for a while to race.

I am sure, however, that telling promoters and rules-makers that they are insulting the class, that they are caving in to the pressure from the well-funded teams, that they are promoting this class so their buddies will have the advantage, that calling the rules makers "technically challenged" in a public forum is NOT the way to encourage them to continue to promote this class.

We are all well aware that racers - the rich and the poor alike - always attempt to gain an advantage over the others. That's been part of racing since day one. And many have used the LSSZ forums to do just that in one way or another. But open attacks on Texas short track managers, series and drivers have always been discouraged on here. Yours was very close to stepping over the "out of bounds" line for sure.

Finally, if you are serious about coming up with a way to combine existing equipment for close competitive racing that is cost effectve and fan friendly, I suggest you do as other Texas racers have done - sit down yourself and organize and promote a class that meets those objectives.

Nick

Archived