Additional information regarding 2013 season at KMEC

Big G Smith

I need to correct some information regarding the 2013 race season at KMEC.

The race track will be called Central Texas Speedway.

No Thunder Stocks will be included in the Friday Night Show.

Sorry for getting any Thunder Stock Guy's hopes up.

Ouch.. We got 2 cars and both have been scraped

Guess we won't be racing this year afterall

I understand that the thunder stocks is "your" class, and you'll fight tooth and nail to keep it, but if I remember correctly, there were never more than 5 or 6 thunders on a given night. From an outside perspective, I would have dropped that class as well. Sorry for your loss.

And on personal note to you Mr. Montgomery, your son did a hell of a job in that car last year. I think he is ready for the supers, maybe build one of those or convert your thunder to run supers.

I don't blame the track. They need to do what they need to do.

We will support them anyways and try to figure something out. Just the double whammy of our mini stock and the thunder both getting th ax.glad the track is open for everyone else. I'll be out somewhere sometime probably.

I understand that the thunder stocks is "your" class, and you'll fight tooth and nail to keep it, but if I remember correctly, there were never more than 5 or 6 thunders on a given night. From an outside perspective, I would have dropped that class as well. Sorry for your loss.

And on personal note to you Mr. Montgomery, your son did a hell of a job in that car last year. I think he is ready for the supers, maybe build one of those or convert your thunder to run supers.

THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS!! ONE NIGHT THEY HAD 5 CARS AND THATS WHEN WE WENT ON OUR VACATION.I HAVE ALWAYS RUN FOR POINT SINCE HUNTER WAS 5. NEVER MISSED A YEAR RUNNING FOR POINTS UNTIL THIS YEAR. MOST NIGHTS WE HAD 7 ,8 10 CARS BUT YOUR RIGHT THE CLASS HAS FALLEN SOME BECAUSE THEY COULDNT AFFORD TO RUN OR OTHER REASONS. WE MET SOME REALLY GOOD PEOPLE AND FANS WHILE RACING THERE. WE WOULD LOVE TO MAYBE BUILD A SUPER STOCK OR EVEN GET A TRUCK, BUT FOR NOW I WAS GOING TO RUN MY CAR THATS BEEN COMPELTELY REDONE.I A HAVE MOTOR THATS AT MY ENGINE BUILDERS PLACE THAT WAS WAITING TO FIND OUT RULES.RIGHT NOW I KNOW OF 12 CARS THAT WOULD HAVE RUN THIS YEAR. GO BACK AND LOOK AT ALL THE CLASS WE HAD MORE CARS THEN LATEMODELS, SUPERS STOCKS, OR EVEN PRO MODS. ON SOME NIGHTS.LAST YEAR WAS A BIG DROP IN ALL CLASSES. IN MY EYES I THINK THEIR GOING TO HAVE A HARD TIME TRYING TO GET CARS IN EVERY CLASS TO COME OUT AND RACE. BUT ITS WORTH A TRY. GOOD LUCK TO THEM!!! AGAIN THANK YOU FOR THE KIND WORDS WHO EVER YOU ARE!! THE CANDYMAN WILL BE BACK IN SOMETHING SOME DAY!

That really sucks we had planned on running our thunderstock one last season. Bummer

Keep it for SAS. I think its the only place we will race this next season except we might try HMP

HOW FAR APART FROM CC RULES ARE THESE CARS ..`MAYBE SOMETHING COULD BE WORKED OUT FOR THOSE WHO WOULD TRAVEL DOWN HERE ..IS THE 00 THAT RACES HERE NOW THE SAME TYP OF CAR ....JUST A THOUGHT .LOVE TO HAVE YOU ..

WOW YOUR GUYS LOSS! HAD A LOT OF GUYS WORKING GETTING CARS TOGTHER.

Heck donnie, u can run with the supers for sure with that tsrs motor. The way i have seen thunders run, they can hang with supers with minimal changes.

LOL WELL IF I HAD A TSRS MOTOR IN THERE I WOULD HAVE A LATE MODEL AND BEEN RUNNING WITH THEM. OUR CAR WAS FAST BECAUSE WE DID OUR HOME WORK :P

Give it up already they are not running your class so convert it to dirt or buy a racecar they will run out there. The track chose not to run your class, maybe they got tired of all your bitching and moaning on here about what they were gonna do and what classes and all the snide remarks you made about Mr. Self.

On a side note: Nick I know i have been a member of this board since Jan. 7 2003 which will be ten years in a couple weeks but I would like to know how to have my account unregistered, hardly any of the original members post on this forum anymore and its just not the same that it used to be. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to racing in texas but I believe i am done here.

First off Maverick i was not drunk I had just gotten home from one of the most successful and longest running racetracks in the state of texas.

Look I understand this is a $hittyy situation for you guys but take this as a positive, you've accomplished pretty much what you can accomplish in the thunderstock class move up to a new class and make a run at that one. I have watched your son race he is a good driver sell the thunderstock and get you a truck and race it. I know you want answers as to why your class is no longer racing at the track closest to your home. But constantly getting on this forum and writing the things i have seen you write doesnt help the situation and might have been a factor who knows. An cut it with the caps lock in the computer age typing with the caps lock on is like yelling so things can come off as lot different when read even though you might not mean it that way. So heres a little hint if you type like that so you can see what you are typing(as i think you said one time) hold down your control key and roll up on the wheel on your mouse and the typing will get bigger.

SO WHAT WAS THE REASON NOT TO RUN THUNDER STOCKS??

i dont attend the races out there but i pulled up two race weekend results. on week 4 cars were there and another 6 cars. I think why they made the decision is pretty obvious just the same we the tsrs. I know it sucks but no fan wants to watch a 5 car race.

SO WHAT WAS THE REASON NOT TO RUN THUNDER STOCKS??

i dont attend the races out there but i pulled up two race weekend results. on week 4 cars were there and another 6 cars. I think why they made the decision is pretty obvious just the same we the tsrs. I know it sucks but no fan wants to watch a 5 car race.

Not that it makes a difference at this point, since we're just making pointless points now, but the last pro late model race I raced in at THR had 4 cars. If you pay crap, you get crap. I would have to believe the plan must be to pay more to get more for the classes that have been chosen. If not, well refer to the above statistics.

march 3, thunder stocks 7 cars supers 6 we miss that race car wasnt ready

march17 thunder srocks 9 cars supers 7

march31 thunder stocks 8 cars supers 7

april 28 thunder stocks 7 cars supers 8

may 5 thunder stocks 9 cars supers 9

may 19 thunder stocks 5 cars supers 7 we miss that race worked

june 2 thunder stocks 8 cars supers 7

june 16 thunder stocks 8 cars supers 6

june 30 thunder stocks 7 cars supers 9

july 14 thunder stocks 8 cars supers 7

july 28 thunder stocks 6 cars supers 6 we miss that race vacation

aug 11 thunder stocks 7 cars supers 7

sept 8 thunder stocks 6 cars supers 7

sept 22 thunder stocks 7 cars supers 10 this race they added 6 grands stocks last race of the year.

Grand stocks always had a good car count

All but two races thunder stocks had more cars then the late models and on a couple of nights we had more then the trucks.

You can go to my laps for the car counts and dates. It was just a bad year for car count last year.Just thought i would share.

Archived