Additional information regarding 2013 season at KMEC

Big G Smith

dont have a dog in this fight but that looks like poor car count in both those classes, jmo. maybe the promoter is hoping that if some of the lower class move up it would make decent count for streets. fans like to see at least 14 to 16 cars. again jmo.

BOBBY JACK

p.s. and i made sure i didnt use caps lock.

OK now here is what I think, The Thunder Stocks are a great class, The Rules are open enough to be able to treat them as a real stock car and set up does play a big role with the syspension. If more racers would take a step down and build one, racers would find out they are lots of fun and can be an extremely competitive class if quality cars are put on the track. One more thing, for this to happen, a few hundred pounds of lead would need to be droped to be able to pick up speed on the track and make the class move cause racers want to go fast in a good looking car.

Racers/ Teams/ Spectators WANT good looking cars and i'm sorry to say 85% of Thunder Stocks are not all that good looking.

Good looking cars bring people in the stands!!!

just my 2 cents

Fastman is correct about appearance.The team members,cars,facility, and track employees all need to focus on how they look.This is a show.Put on a good show and they will return. A lot of people will not return if it looks rag tag and dumpy.The same goes for announcers.Misinformation,dead air,and drifting into non-racing subjects make it hard for the casual spectator to take it seriously.Don't let anyone walk away thinking...what an unprofessional joke of a place that has junk running around the track.A big part of the attraction of modified,late models, and trucks isn't just the speed and car counts.It has a lot to do with the way the vehicles appear.I'm not sure the racers realise it but just the pit set up on pit road at S.A.S. or they way they pull war wagons to pit road at HMP is impressive to to a new spectator or a casual spectator.How the concessions appear makes a difference as well.Soda cups with the track's logo or even the wax paper on the burgers.Sell the latest aluminum bottles of beer.Driving into a track should be inspiring as well.It's not just car counts and competition.Those things are what us diehard,addicted for life spectators are looking for.

Jazz it up!!

I disagree. Every time I've been to a dirt track the stands are packed full on any regular night and half the cars are not near as nice or the appearance of some people. Jmo. Fans like to come to a track to see good competive racing and not watch out of car introductions. Hour long intermissions and bike races. The races need to go on like the dirt tracks. One class coming and the next class following it.

I disagree. Every time I've been to a dirt track the stands are packed full on any regular night and half the cars are not near as nice or the appearance of some people. Jmo. Fans like to come to a track to see good competive racing and not watch out of car introductions. Hour long intermissions and bike races. The races need to go on like the dirt tracks. One class coming and the next class following it.

I AGREE WITH ALL THREE OF YOU. I`M ONE OF THOSE RACERS THAT LIKES HIS CAR AND THE APPEARANCE OF HIS DRIVER TO LOOK GOOD!!! WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THAT WAY I CAUGHT HELL BY FELLOW RACERS ASKING WHY I DO THAT AND TEASING ME ABOUT REPLACING MY BODY PANELS ON HUNTERS CAR AFTER A BAD WEEK AT THE TRACK. I`M SORRY IT JUST IN MY BLOOD TO BE FAST AND LOOK NICE.AND I`M ALSO WITH YOU ON KEEPING THE RACING GOING ONE AFTER THE OTHER KEEPS EVERYONE ON THEIR TOES AT ALL TIME. AND IT MAKES IT NICE TO BE ABLE TO LEAVE THE TRACK AND GET HOME WHEN YOU LIVE A WAYS FROM THE TRACK.

TSRS12, so sorry you disagree but you have to keep in mind kids play in dirt and asphalt is for the big boys, dirt tracks kinda traditionally mix with beat up cars, its the nature of dirt racing. As for asphalt its traditional that nice is fast, and nicer is faster.

no offence

Fastman your say Dirt Late Models,USMTS mods,Sprint Cars ,Midgets are slower that a TSRS car lol

SUPERTX, ya thats what I said, I'm glad your the only one that can read between the lines. LOL, come on SUPER read it all, we are talking about Thnuder Stock type cars. :blink::wacko::wacko:

who even mentioned TSRS cars??

i have seen better racen with ugly cars ..nice looking cars are great and we try to keep ours looking good as we can afford ...but i dont go to and never have gone to a race to see pretty cars ,,if whole show isnt so good ;if the food isnt so good and cost effective i dont care to go .....and i have been beat by some really ugly cars lol

I like good competitive racing and good car counts. If I wanted pretty cars I go to car shows.

Mix the shows up which it seems like the new promoter is going to. I don't like all feature shows. Run heat races as qualifiers. Keep the show moving.

High dollar cars is not always the answer. Maybe run late models one race and the mods the following that way both do not compete for a bigger purse the same night. The tracks could work together and schedule the top classes around so they all get to see them, but I doubt if all 4 asphalt tracks would work together like that.

Archived