Bayley Currey

b50

I have to give credit where credit is due.

While a lot of negative publicity seems to follow young drivers, this kid is simply getting the job done, calculated and quietly. In his first year in a "big car", he's won at the 3 different tracks he raced on. Given the right opportunities, this kids got the talent to go places. Congrats to Bayley and his parents on a stellar rookie season.

Very true...I was very surprised when I interviewed him and the first thing he said was "Patience"....Hard to find in many youngsters in racing nowdays.....or even grizzled veterans....I was even more impressed when he said that knew Joe was faster, at that time, and let him go....

He was a very polite young man and seems to have his head firmly planted......

I walked away thinking to myself......How does a kid so slight of build wrestle around that car....but he did...

I was quite surprised to hear his age Saturday night. I have been watching him at HMP and have been quite impressed with how he balances "fast" and "clean". I have come to despise the term "young gun" used by some of our local announcers because it is usually means someone who is willing to get to the front by disregarding the racing etiquette that everyone else lives by. He may be young, but he displays a mature driving style.

Good job, Bayley.

I am sure everyone here knows that I am extremely proud of Bayley and his accomplishments on and off the track. However, I have never been more proud than I am right now! It has brought tears to my eyes, to see your comments about him. Thank you!

MY MOM ONCE SAID TO ME .MY WIFE AND I HAVE DONE SUCH A GREAT JOB OF BRINGING UP OUR SON .VERY RESPECTFUL...

MY ANSWER TO HER .I GIVE YOU AND HER MOM ALL THE COMPLIMENT'S AND CREDIT .....WITH OUT THE LOVE AND LEADERSHIP .OUR SON WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN .

THANK YOU FOR BRINGING UP YOUR SON WITH THE SAME .IT ALOUD ALL THESE DRIVERS TO STEP FORWARD WITH PRAISE ....AND BROUGHT BACK MEMORIES OF YEARS GONE BY WHEN MY MOM WAS JUST A PHONE CALL AWAY ....NOW YOU HAVE CREATED A TEAR IN MY EYE .

In all of the years that I have been in racing I have seen many kids that have had talen, but one way or another have blown it away. No matter how much talent you have, you must make the right decision. Bayley has made the right decisions over and over again.

Mr. Curreyif I were you I would be very proud of your son because in the line of work I am in I see a lot of kids with little to no respect towards their parents or others. Your child has a lot of respect for not only his equipment, but also the other drivers.

Ive watched Bayley race a few times and he very patient and talented driver for his age. What I like is when you see him walking through the pits he doesnt walk around with a cocky swagger like some other young drivers i have seen. He will go places.

All I can say about this kid is WHEELMAN!!! He's the real deal!! I have been around this kid since he came out of Bando's and have watched him thru the legend car series.. I have also been able to race with him in the modified and hes a respectable driver to his and others equipment!! He is one that is always there at the end no matter what!! Props go out to him and his family for all the hard work they have done with this young man and I look forward to racing with him in the future and watching him move up thru the ranks!!!

Marc...9 years ago I watched your son watch you race the 05 street stock when you were tearing us up at THR. I bet he was thinking he'd be just like you someday. That someday came fast. Here is a picture of his car I took at HMP for Nick a couple of months ago. You've done a great job raising him right and we wish him nothing but the best and continued success. I look forward to seeing him on ESPN in the next short years.

post-3-1352291957.jpg

Archived