SAS 2013

MikeReininger

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so IF there isnt a class for us TSRS cars. how much would it cost to make it a Pro Late? or is it even possible....

Sure it's possible, but not worth it. :( First you're looking at $8000 for a crate with the allowed modifications (even a used 604 with modifications is $5500). You'd probably want to convert to coilovers, and I'd also convert the steering to R&P. Then there's 10" tires and wheels and as Mike mentioned, whatever modifications are needed to make the wider tires clear the body and chassis (which might even require a narrower rearend and different quarters and fenders on the body).

Ew yeah thats alot of money. I really hope somethin happens. If not thats a 12k car that cant even run anywhere....

Thats TSRS for ya...hoepfully they will figure something out so these cars can start the transistion.

Transition to what? They are not transitioning into a pro late. They are what they are. TSRS Nascar Late Models and SAS Nascar Late Models are pretty much the same thing. There are 19 of them so far that are ready to go without transitioning to anything.

so i can run the car and motor i have once they have those supposedly 4 races get scheduled? Im not sure what exactly the motor has. It hasnt changed since i bought it from Ackerman.

Im waiting to dump more money into this car. i need to buy a seat, helmet, and hans device. just waiting for something to happen...

so i can run the car and motor i have once they have those supposedly 4 races get scheduled? Im not sure what exactly the motor has. It hasnt changed since i bought it from Ackerman.

Im waiting to dump more money into this car. i need to buy a seat, helmet, and hans device. just waiting for something to happen...

Paul, I wouldn't do anything yet. If we can get this thing going, your car will be legal just the way it is.

Hopefully the worst would be intake and carb. All I know right now is we still need another 4 or 5 cars to step up.

Ew yeah thats alot of money. I really hope somethin happens. If not thats a 12k car that cant even run anywhere....

Thats TSRS for ya...hoepfully they will figure something out so these cars can start the transistion.

Transition to what? They are not transitioning into a pro late. They are what they are. TSRS Nascar Late Models and SAS Nascar Late Models are pretty much the same thing. There are 19 of them so far that are ready to go without transitioning to anything.

I dont blame you for not wanting to change a car you already have but sooner or later these things are gonna have to update. I think they should make the transition since there is no other place in the entire country that you could run them and once you have one your pretty much stuck with it. I had one I never finished about 5 years ago and finally just took a bath to get it out of my garage. Cost way too much to finish it for a dying breed.Practically had to give it away and I believe it still ended up getting parted out and cut up for scrap,and Ive seen you run, your really good, I think you could hang with the pro lates anyways.(at least with a couple of adjustments to weight and such) I just dont see the need to have 2 smaller late model classes. I dont think its good for the class in a bigger picture. I do understand your side tho, its just my opinion, and despite what the democrats say its ok to have an opinion thats different.

Hope everyone that says they will show does this time. last time the grandstock and charger classes had less than half that committed show.Either way I hope you get to race somehow, & Either way it will be good to see ya at the track.

Good luck

Probably better of to go with quality instead of quantity. Go ahead and bite the bullet and cut the stock front clip cars up. Nothing worse than watching a grey headed dinosaur when you can watch Pro Late models. I hope SAS does not do like THR did and try to cater to every car in the weeds. By the way, can we bring the bicycles back? I can round up about 25 or so in the neighborhood.

PS do not take this too serious

I dont know the first thing about the difference in these cars. All I know is I want to see and hear these monsters go around SAS. There has to be something that can make these cars equal. There are lots of smart people out there that can come up with the answer Im sure. Use weight, intakes ,carbs, shocks, hell,give the slower cars some nitrous. Whatever it takes. There is a whole lot of $ tied up in those things. Its a shame they have to be parked. So PLEASE...someone come up with something.

Probably better of to go with quality instead of quantity. Go ahead and bite the bullet and cut the stock front clip cars up. Nothing worse than watching a grey headed dinosaur when you can watch Pro Late models. I hope SAS does not do like THR did and try to cater to every car in the weeds. By the way, can we bring the bicycles back? I can round up about 25 or so in the neighborhood.

PS do not take this too serious

Yeah that's it...cut your cars up and go away. I guess that makes sense. :blink:

By your standards, all of the classes slower than the pro lates can move on (grand stocks, thunder stocks, street stocks, trucks, legacies, even pro mods are slower. Why watch a (insert class) when you can watch a pro late?

It's hard to not get a little irritated with a comment like this.

"I hope SAS does not do like THR did and try to cater to every car in the weeds. By the way, can we bring the bicycles back? I can round up about 25 or so in the neighborhood".

Sorry Maverick, I don't think I know you. Just trying to figure out why you are taking a sarcastic stance against a good number of car owners. Did one of these cars run over your dog or something? What dog do you have in the hunt?

No sir,

It was hard not to get irritated when TSRS was running and you go to watch the late models and you had to watch 6 or 8 Late Models. My dog sure does not hunt dinosaurs. But have fun with em.

There were a lot more circumstances that led to 6 or 8 late models. Facts you are omitting. September 8th car counts. 6 Thunders, 6 Sport Mods, 7 Supers, 5 Trucks, 6 Pro Mods, 8 Late Models. Check back to most dates last season for car counts. You can't use THR as a measuring stick. Again, if you had a dog in the hunt, you would know.

The last PRO late model race "I" ran in at THR, there were 4 of us. Houston stopped running them too. We sold out. Until SAS just ran them in October, they were "extinct" in Texas. If SAS ran a bi-weekly schedule, you would see low pro late counts.

I respectfully ask you to resist having fun at someone else's expen$e.

I still think all should look at Pacecars suggestion and be

more inclusive instead of trying to exclude the others.

I know you could compete with them if rules were adjusted

to equalize. In the eighties there was a mixture running

together. How about 2850 or 2900 lbs for weight and adjust

the left side weight to help. What is the approx horsepower

of a SAS or TSRS verses a pro crate engine? Put a 750 on

the SAS or TSRS? Just thoughts.

Even with 20+ cars that are still around "ready" ready to race. only 10-15 show up any way on any given night... 10-15 is still a good car count. IMO. I know even just 8 cars was fun to watch at THR. the purse may not be so high but I know I dont race expecting to actually make a profit.....

I still got my TSRS car. It's got an inch of dust on it but it is in race condition right now. I probly will be able to make 2 events next year. My interest right now is my 8 year old son and his sports. Racing is now a close 2nd now.

David Sevilla Jr.

I respect that David. Racing should always be second to the family. I'll keep you on the probably list.

Archived