SAS 2013

MikeReininger

what do tracks with big money races do with the rules to allow different types of latemodels to run? i know at the snowball derby and races like such every single car is a pro late theres gotta be some rules to level the playing field. i really hope something can be worked out to be able to run them together. now that car count would really be exciting :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tsrs car would work with pro lates. Drop weight, and run 4 or 5 inch offset wheels. And the tsrs cars already have pro late shocks set up under those cars. Its all in ur head with the different names for the classes.

Not true about the weight. Just dropping weight affects the weight percentages you need, left and rear.

Not true about the weight. Just dropping weight affects the weight percentages you need, left and rear.

Of course you are right, but what about adding weight to the others in the mix that have inherent initial advantages?

Nick

Of course you are right, but what about adding weight to the others in the mix that have inherent initial advantages?

Nick

How much would equalize Nick? 250 lbs.? I haven't seen any pro late owners chiming in wanting to bolt on weight either. They may feel they have enough with 20-24 cars.

You gonna donate to my 10" rim and tire fund? :huh:

How much would equalize Nick? 250 lbs.? I haven't seen any pro late owners chiming in wanting to bolt on weight either. They may feel they have enough with 20-24 cars.

Perhaps you are too young to recall the TIDA Late Model days where V-6 engines, high-compression V-8 engines, 9:1 engines, offset frames, perimeter frames, coil-over suspensions and big-spring suspensions all ran together and one never knew what combination would win any particluar event.

It can be done, and probably should be done. Handicapping just requires that the handicapper has not particluar vested interest in any of the combinations and is smart enough to keep track of lap times, corner times and be aware of possible sand-bagging tricks.

No sir, Mike. I am still trying to fund Lone Star Speedzone so I won't be able to contribute to your rim and tire fund.

Nick

Perhaps you are too young to recall the TIDA Late Model days where V-6 engines, high-compression V-8 engines, 9:1 engines, offset frames, perimeter frames, coil-over suspensions and big-spring suspensions all ran together and one never knew what combination would win any particluar event.

If I'm not mistaken...though I was so very young <_< Donnie Allison won that race with a V-6. I don't think you ever saw a V-6 again due to all the complaining.

If I'm not mistaken...though I was so very young <_< Donnie Allison won that race with a V-6. I don't think you ever saw a V-6 again due to all the complaining.

There were some local V-6's too. I'm sure Mr. Upchurch has the records, but I know I heard that distinct sound at SAS for sure and at TWS on several occasions. Don't ask me for names and numbers though. I'm so old I even forget my own number. Er... did I even have a number? Call me if you remember my number. I know I've forgotten my number a number of times.

So, what were we talking about?

Nick

Archived