wow, jack roush has lost his damn mind

REBELRACER

yeah i never could understand the whole sponsorship deal with him. he is a cup champion, he is in the chase every season, he won the daytona 500 this season. the guy is good. and he doesnt tear up his equipment, he is always near the front and the guy is a level headed guy who doesnt act like a complete ass and embarrass his team or his sponsors. i could see if he didnt have the talent and was out tearing up equipment, but he is always smooth and there at the end. nascar is a freaking joke. he would be a good fit in the home depot ride. he would be able to put it up front and contend where it should be every week, not to mention make the home improvement store war a little more exciting. lol

Sometimes being at the same place so long gets old. There may be greener pastures with Gibbs. But then again you would have to have a couple of _____ for team mates. You can fill in the blank.

Money, I heard maybe to Stewarts in the 39, Ryan to Gibbs, Ford don't try to hard to keep their drivers, Matt was probly the best they had at this time, probly the most under rated driver in Nascar, the 17 had sponsor problems might not be any 17 next year, remember dodge has a new car and looking for a team, he left on his own, Matt is smart and silent he knows what he is doing, I like Ford but still what ever he drives I will be for him.

Well at least now he can ink a deal and be able to share in his own merchandising. When you work for one of the biggest egos in racing, you don't get a cut of your own name sales. It's standard Roush Racing contract, you get your salary, no purse, no merch, no extras. Not the first time Jack lost a good driver to his ego. Good riddance......

Not a Roush fan by any means, but Kenseth was the only one that I did follow. Past Champion,easy going, no drama, good driver. Hope he finds a seat with a good team. Maybe he will be the new face of Home Depot. Nothing against Logano, but he hasn't really been a factor at JGR. With Penske moving to Ford and no for sure Dodge teams on the horizon, it will be intersting to see how this all shakes out. Lenny66 B)

Here's something to think about, Dewalt, long time sponsor with Nascar, and still is, leaves Roush, Roush spokesman tries to spin it that Dewalt is cutting back. Hmmm seem to be sinking plenty of money into Petty and Ambrose. Office Depot, long time Sponsor in racing. Leaves Roush and their star YUCK YUCK AW SHUCKS, false face Cousin Carl. Roush Spins it as they're cutting back. They move to Smoke Johnson and bingo are on the Championship ride. Roush the great mastermind as he likes to be called has to give away 50% of his company for pennies on the dollar to stay afloat. Welcome in the Fenway Group and Billionaire John Henry. Has it got them any closer to a championship, well if you call finishing second closer, then maybe, but wait, Roush has a lot of practice at that, Mark Martin lived there for years. Net result 127 cup wins and 2 championships.

Now a small town car dealer from Charlotte, puts together a team, and hires a sprint car hot shoe to get it done for him. BAM a dynasty is born. Now has Hendrick had to give away half of his company to stay afloat and pile up 200+ wins and 10 Cup Championships, nope....

Richard Childress a ARCA racer who stumbled into cup when the big boys went on strike because they were afraid to run Talladega in 1969, quit driving in 1981 hired a long haired Bad A$$ we all know a Senior, and BAM a team was born thats star driver ended up tying the King in Championships, a Has Childress had to give away half of his company to pile up 170+ wins and 6 championships, nope........... Joe Gibbs, the old coach, puts together a team, builds a few cars, and puts together 167+ wins and 3 cup championships. And has he had to give away half his company to stay afloat, NOPE!

Maybe the common denominator in the woes of Jack Roush is Jack Roush. He can't get out of his own way.

In the words of Achmed the dead terrorist...."Holy crap!"

Someone please put Chuckie on suicide watch.......

Reb,

you crack me up, my friend!! :lol:

As we talked about on FB, I (like many others) saw this coming. Part of the deal with Matt leaving Roush (not the other way around) was the crew chief things. When Robbie moved into the front office, Matt had a hard time adjusting. Remember in 2010, when Matt made a chance 1 race into the season (Todd Parrott replaced Drew Blickensderfer after season-opening Daytona 500). In '09, Blick-ster and Matt won the opening 2 races then didn't win again (I don't believe).

Matt has seem a bit flustered over the years, too. And yes, as much as I'm a MK-17 fan, I'll admit he has very little personality and probably doesn't have the largest following. But on-the-track driving, he's one of the best.

Archived