How have these forums not exploded?

AMRacer89

I know there's a lot of "dislike" for NASCAR around here, but I'm kinda surprised at hearing the crickets chirping in light of Jr's performance today. Not a Jr. fan myself, but it was good to see him finally snap the winless streak (and do it by leading 95 laps and having a 5+ second margin of victory instead of fuel strategy).

From Matt McLaughlin (Motorsports writer)

http://www.frontstretch.com/mmclaughlin/39940/

for the whole article

In a Nutshell – Junior wins again and all is sweetness and light around the globe. In fact I predict tomorrow we’ll see Romney and Obama sharing a single root beer float with two straws at the local Rexall and deciding the election by thumb wrestling. I predict the Iranians will give up their nuclear ambitions, North Korea will schedule democratic elections, the stock market will rise 5000 points and the Carpenters “Close To You” will soar back to the top of the Billboard charts. (For you non-88 fans, pssst, I agree, the end of the race was about as boring as it gets.)

What They’ll Be Talking About Around the Water Cooler This Week -

If someone besides Earnhardt was leading when Regan Smith blew a tire late in the race spreading chunks of rubber all over the track, you think maybe NASCAR would thrown a caution flag to make it a more exciting finish?

So if Earnhardt wins every 143 races when is he due to grab another trophy? If the NASCAR Cup schedule remains consistent it would be at Pocono in August of 2016. Good seats still available. Get yours now.

MY WIFE INFORMED ME THE RACE WAS ON ..SO I TURNED THE CHANNEL AND NOTICED DALE WAS IN THE LEAD ..THEN I WENT BACK TO MY SNOOZE ..ID WAKE UP AND THE 88 WAS STILL IN THE LEAD ..GO BACK TO MY SNOOZE AGAIN ...WAKE UP AND DALE WAS STILL IN THE LEAD ..WOW I STARTED HOPING I WAS NOT IN THAT GROUND HOG DAY MOVIE ..........GLAD HE WON .....WONT HAVE TO HEAR WINLESS COUNT ANYMORE .... NASCAR I LOVE YOU THANKS FOR THE SNOOZE ..I NEEDED IT .REALLY I DID .......................... SAD I GREW UP WATCHING NASCAR ..I WOULD BE MAD IF I HAD TO MISS ONE RACE ..THAT WAS MY TIME OFF FROM THE WORLD ......NOW I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT TRACK THEY ARE RUNNING AT ON WEEKENDS ..OR HECK IF THEY ARE EVEN RUNNING THAT WEEKEND ....DID NOT KNOW WHO THE POINTS LEADER WAS ...OR THAT DALE HAS FINISHED EVERY LAP THIS YEAR ....THAT IS HOW MUCH I HAVE PAID ATTENTION TO NASCAR ....... IS THAT DANICA GIRL STILL RACING ..

Now, Don't go picking on Danica like that; it is a total team effort.

Even the driver of her souvenir truck got it to wreck one last week.....

Now, Don't go picking on Danica like that; it is a total team effort.

Even the driver of her souvenir truck got it to wreck one last week.....

racing is an equal occupational hazard ....souvenir drivers need love to ..

Dale Jr. wins for the first time in 143 races. The last time he won was for the first time in over 70 races. He's won two races in over 200 starts. Only two races with one of the most powerful teams in NASCAR. He still hasn't shown me anything. If his name was John Smith no one would give a hoot if he won. Like Tony Stewart said, it's not a national holiday.

Dale Jr. wins for the first time in 143 races. The last time he won was for the first time in over 70 races. He's won two races in over 200 starts. Only two races with one of the most powerful teams in NASCAR. He still hasn't shown me anything. If his name was John Smith no one would give a hoot if he won. Like Tony Stewart said, it's not a national holiday.

I didn't hear Tony say that, but it sure is FUNNY!!! :lol:

Archived