Mark39

Class Suggestions.

First off there should be 6 classes.

1. Ecostock or mini stock. 4cyl class

2. Hobby / pure stock class

3. Thunder/Super Stock class

4. Trucks

5. Modifieds

6. Late models - I prefer the limited late model but the pro latemodel is an option too. SAS will not be the same without these guys.

Just my opinion but there should be 6 not 5

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we are going to need an announcer! will mr.milton be able to announce for this octoberfast??? i always enjoyed and still do listening to him at the track :) not to steal him from i-37 tho thats home. :)

I'll keep reading and when the time comes hopefully one of my old cars will fit the rules.

Those are my exact thoughts! I still have 2 cars that were built for that track, and have been to i37 sence, but I'm just hoping they'll fit in if this all goes through! If they don't they will go up for sale to buy one that will! We will see!

HMP has already done the homework on which classes to run.

Me thinks dat might be a pretty good business model to replicate. ;)

Deff, deff, deffinitely (rainman) need those Pro Sedans on the schedule.

Might be interesting to see the Dirt Superstock super series try it once too. :huh:

I'd go.

I am with the majority in that there should be some late model class... Personally I think the Pro Lates would be a good way to go... I think a few of the old SAS Latemodels were changed to TSRS cars or switched to Dirt LM's... And I don't believe there are many SuperLM's left in the state right now unless they are hidden in barns and garages...

Add in the Modifieds

Trucks

Super Stocks

and I think you can find a way to mix Thunders/Pure Stocks/Grandstocks with a little mixing of the rules...

1.Pro Latemodels

2.Modifieds

3.Trucks

4.Superstocks/Sportsman

5.Thunders/Pure Stocks/Grandstocks/Roadrunners...

If this is a success then can maybe try to plan a SuperLatemodel,Pro Latemodel, Modified, Trucks, Superstock style event along the lines of Snowball... But that will be a long time coming...

I am with the majority in that there should be some late model class... Personally I think the Pro Lates would be a good way to go... I think a few of the old SAS Latemodels were changed to TSRS cars or switched to Dirt LM's... And I don't believe there are many SuperLM's left in the state right now unless they are hidden in barns and garages...

If this is a success then can maybe try to plan a SuperLatemodel,Pro Latemodel, Modified, Trucks, Superstock style event along the lines of Snowball... But that will be a long time coming...

I don't believe there's enough SAS LMS or Romco super lates left. I've personally converted 3 to dirt and sold 2 others to racers in the midwest. There were only 12 - 15 running on any given sat nite when SAS closed.

I don't believe there's enough SAS LMS or Romco super lates left. I've personally converted 3 to dirt and sold 2 others to racers in the midwest. There were only 12 - 15 running on any given sat nite when SAS closed.

we have a driver here that ownes a few late models ......

Dillon Spreen, Joe Aramendia, Johhny Walker, Chris Davidson, Jake Kruger, Cody Smith, Carl Smith, Charles Evans Jr, Brad Queen, Kyle Sirrizotti, Zak Hausler, Brandon Bendele, Tom Grothues, Tommy Grimes, 2 Bumbera Cars, 3 Cars from Umscheid, J.T. Schild, Mason Mitchell, Stephan McCurley, Matt Smith, Colt James ( From NC), Trey Mitchell (From NC) , Casey Smith ( Is a SLM, but im sure will still come), Dan Harris, Blake Harris, and many more I know I left off the list.

I know someone will say you can't get 28 cars to show up, but I bet it's pretty darn close to it if it all falls in line.

There are a bunch of late models (non pro) that are in the area as well. When SAS closed, the rules were pretty much the same as THR, so there are late models out there that are the same as THR late models. With that said...last THR race, 6 late models. Last HMP race for pros, 3 pro late models showed. You have to find the reason theses cars stay in the garage (THR late models), or go elsewhere (pro late models) then address it. But, for Octoberfast, if there is one, I'm sure you could see a very nice car count, if there is enough notice that this is really going to happen.

The Texas asphalt tracks have been blessed with some very, very good announcers over the years and the current crop are all outstanding.

Milton Hope was the voice of SAS for years and does a great job at I-37.

Rodney Rodriguez has developed a huge fan base and keeps folks highly entertained at both THR and HMP.

Bobby Chaffee is "Mr. Excitement" for sure and has a knack for pumping up a crowd.

Uncle Bob at HMP is the epitome of professionalism behind the mic at HMP.

Chuck Licata has announced both at SAS and HMP and did a great job at both.

And if your looking for "old school" announcers with booming voices and a rather formal delivery, Neil Upchurch and Russ Martin are tops.

Any one of these guys would do an outstanding job for OctoberFast 2012.

Nick

And bring Rick Rapp and John Kelly back for one more race just to show the youngsters how it's done the right way...

Nick

Slick Yoeman.

How is this for positive....

We wish all involved success

We will tell everyone We come in contact with about SAS or whatever they decide to call it once We hear the track reopen date...

We will either bring a truck to race or be sponsoring car/truck if We are not driving.

We will consider doing a sponsorship with whatever the track is called once the track is open for business.

We hope that racers will consider racing at this track, again once it is open for racing...

Now if you find negative in that, well........

With all due respect, Not one of them could hold a candle to Rick Benjamin or Trey!
ouch hot rod . your rough .....i have heard most if not all the mentioned . .they all do a fine job and have their very own touch for those of us to injoy...................nick why not .the laughter they would produce would be worth the ticket price alone .

Now that we have all of the announcers hired :lol: let's move on to Nick's old role / new role as Tech Inspector. You guys should start being nicer to him just in case. By the way Nick, I hope you had a great 39th birthday a couple weeks ago. ;) Did you get the two cases of Shiner Bock we sent you?

Archived