sas update

thrss1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was my first race ever to attend at SAS and wow what a night. Some of the best racing I have seen other than the dirt tracks. The TSRS race was good wish I could of seen the whole thing but I understand with the time constraints. The ARTS race was just as exicting with the lead changes and watching the 77 truck come from the back. The ROMCO race was definitly a good show. The 96 car was the class of the field until he had the fire. But the one that amazed me was the 49 car. After the accident he was in and for his crew to bust there butts like they did and get that young man back out on the track and get a top 10 was simply amazing. I've never seen so much tape and bungee cords holding a car back together in my life. Awesome run young man. I got to look at the car in the pits after the race and how out of wack that car was and for him to drive it that way was simply amazing. Thanks everyone for a great night of racing.

Jimmy Brown

You're right about Riethmeyer, but John Kelly had a few rolls of tape holding his body on too.  And he was still fast.

On another Note: We have 21 more posts and only 19 fewer views than "Another wild, wild night at CCMS"

Go SAS ;)

Yeah, we had a quite night.. :P:D

Glad you had a quite night. Good luck on your 4th degree. Now, get off the SAS thread and get back on the CCMS thread where you belong. (sorry if I offened anybody) Thank You.

But the one that amazed me was the 49 car. After the accident he was in and for his crew to bust there butts like they did and get that young man back out on the track and get a top 10 was simply amazing. I've never seen so much tape and bungee cords holding a car back together in my life. Awesome run young man. I got to look at the car in the pits after the race and how out of wack that car was and for him to drive it that way was simply amazing. Thanks everyone for a great night of racing.

Jimmy Brown

You hear all the crap going on at tracks at things back and forth - but evreyone helps each other. Ask 49 who helped his crew bust their butts to get the car back on the track. I am partial - but your answer will be the class of the field that night.

Now, get off the SAS thread and get back on the CCMS thread where you belong. (sorry if I offened anybody) Thank You.

Who are you to tell me where I belong? I will post any where I please and you can't stop me. I will post on sas threads from now on just to piss you off. Why don't you learn how to spell offend?

Sarge,

I am answering your questions as honestly as possible. You may not like the answers though.

1. What exactly did you find so amusing about the radio traffic between TSRS officials? ***** See below.

1a. What should we have done, as officials to make it a better officiated race? ***** Can anybody ever make a decision in that series and stick to it? Why does it take so long to make decisions? Why does it take more officials to run a 43 lap, 17 car race than it takes run an entire race night at most other tracks? Why can’t the officials “settle” the racers down and help eliminate unnecessary cautions? Why so much unnecessary radio traffic unrelated to the show?

2. How should we, in the future, address the laps/time limit issue? ***** NO time limits! 15 more minutes would have permitted the race to go its advertised distance. When I watch racing on TV they go long and there is a much greater financial loss to the network. It really appears that the real focus was to get the ROMCO cars on the track at 9:00 and to hell with everyone else.

2a. Were you aware of the lap/time limit? ***** Where was it posted or printed prior to race time at the track?

3. When you say you couldn't understand the announcer (me) why was that? Is it my accent? Lack of accent? Did I mumble? Is it my volcabulary? Other? *****Your delivery is too fast and your voice sounds as though you are YELLING at the crowd. You were inaccurate when describing the action. Maybe the corners are numbered differently at the other tracks or they go a different direction on dirt. When you yell turn 2 and the action is in turn 3 you make me miss the action.

3a. Do you believe that the sound equipment contributed to the problem? ***** It appeared as if ROMCO had brought their own sound system. Those speakers may make great music but they produce vocals with too much bass.

3b. Could your intense listening to the scanner have contributed to this problem? ***** NO! Could your listening to TSRS radio traffic contributed to ability to announce the race?

3c. How do I reconcile the fact that you are the only one making this complaint? No one else told me that, not our officials, my boss, ROMCO officials, the other announcers, or other people in the crowd. ***** Myself and many others do not recognize you or the other people. I do know the track manager and complained to him. You might ask him how many complaints he got.

3d. Could the problem be one of style or personality? ***** My opinion of your style and personality based on your initial responses on this thread show you to be egotistical, easy to intimidate (Russ Martin and Milton Hope were in the booth and 4000 fans), non-professional, and extremely sensitive. Announcing style – see item #3. Evidently, “Sarge” must mean retired military that would explain why you seem to have a lack of respect for people’s opinions. A 2 striper never can voice an opinion, he takes orders from his Sarge. Your style of announcing is amateurish and condescending.

3e. What course of action do you suggest I undertake to prevent this from happing in the future? ***** Start doing more research on the cars, drivers, and the tracks. Quit YELLING! Take a prozac or two to settle down.

4. Where do I send your $20? ***** Donate the money to a Driver’s Point Fund at the track of your Choice. The track manager gave me tickets for October 16.

5. When can I expect you to show me, one on one, in a live race environment, the errors of my ways? ***** See you October 16? I do know my physical limits and I will not go up to announcers booth however I would consider announcing from the lower area with a cordless mike.

Bottom Line..... TSRS is a series that has eroded the local tracks fan base and drivers. 1/3 of those drivers belong in ROMCO, 1/3 racing at THR, and 1/3 racing at SAS. TSRS is an over-hyped, lackluster show that hurts the local track. If the only time that I ever went to a track was for a "big" show then how long would the local tracks stay open? Where does a new driver develope his/her talent and gain experience if the local tracks lose money and shut down? How many new drivers do you see going into the LM or SLM classes this year? Why do we need a touring series that is really nothing more than a SAS late model on small tires or a THR LM? Why is it that the only people on this board really satisfied with TSRS are TSRS members? Don't get me started... I might just tell you what is really wrong with racing.....

You don't give a damn about me, the fan that pays to see you race and I have a right to an opinion.

Barry,

Thank you for taking the time to offer constructive input...you obviously know what you are talking about...I am very interested in the major business issues affecting our tracks as well as the quality of the experience...you seem to be a person who has value to add in those areas...I read your points closely...

I was a little taken aback by your intial post and tended to discount your opinion because of the venom...I wish you had been as persuasive in that post as you were in this one...I would have paid more attention to the issues you highlighted than just watching the ensuing fight and waiting for sarge to take a tyson-like bite of your ear...sometimes we all come across too strong on boards like these...I am guilty of that myself...

It is hard when people are publicly critical of your work...it is hard enough for humans to take constructive advice in private...it is almost unimagineably uncomfortable to get negative job reviews on the internet and in newspapers...I am in no way taking up for Sarge, cause he was WAY WAY out of bounds...as a public figure of racing series he probably should be fired or at least repremanded for acting like a complete jackass in a public fan forum...his response was totaly unprofessional...but it was understandable...

LL

WOW!

Lloyd

Barry,

To answer one of your questions about where to find the time limit, there is an entire timed schedule online at most likely all series websites. I found mine on TSRS website. FYI in the future there will most likely be another timed race just print the schedule off the website.

Mr. Livingston,

I don't have a dog in this fight but I do have an opinion. I think that you had some good points but I would like to answer several of your answers.

Announcing- might just be me but I never listen to them anyway. I can't hear them during the race, have never been able to hear them at tracks from Oklahoma to mississippi, to odessa.

TSRS- I think your comments regarding TSRS explained a lot. I happen to like tsrs, you say that they are overpoered for small tires and should be racing somewhere else. Seems to me that you are guilty of exactly what you're accusing Sarge of. ARROGANCE. I think that I will let the guy that owns and/or drives the car be the judge of where he wants to drive.

ROMCO VS TSRS- 6-700hp on 10" vs 400-450 on 8" all thee same. I like TSRS racing. And by the way, SAS does not have a LLM or Super street stock class.

Romco decided the lap and time limits not TSRS. If you are going to make unprovoked attacks, get your ducks in a row and attack the right people.

Last, the way you presented your arguments was to say the least unproductive, and at the worst just being a jerk. You decide where you fit in. I think that a less venomous attack might have actually started a productive discussion about weaknesses in the program and not a bashfest. <_<

Just my $.02

Johnny Sutton

Guest NO35KRACING

You know I have been to alot of ROMCO races this year and they have not been putting on a good show at all. I don't agree with the calls that Terry Barton and his officials make. One good example, the last Corpus race, Brandon got into the 19 car which was second place in points at the time. On my scanner as soon as the 19 car went into the pits Terry Barton was saying we are going green on the next lap. I understand that the races have to proceed as quickly as they can, but when the 96 car had a flat and went into the pits the CC Motor Speedway Radio on my scanner was telling Freddie and the crew that ROMCO was asking for some time so go out onto the track and act like there is some fluid or something on the track. As soon as the 96 car came back out of the pits, Terry Barton said we are going green on the next lap. It looks like to me that Terry has his own favorites in the ROMCO series. Also I have seen so many bad calls made against the 11 car. Last year in Corpus, this year at Thunder Hill, I don't know why Terry is always on this guy's back. You would think after all these years the taste of that fuel sample in San Antonio would be out of Terry's mouth by now. But just my opinion no 35K racing.

NO35KRACING

If you are going to come out and blast a race official, at least have the common courtesy to identify yourself. I happen to know who your are and, frankly, I am surprised that you would attack Mr. Barden in a public forum like Texas Speed Zone.

Every race official sooner or later gets accused of having favorites. The evidence you offer in this case is very weak at best.

Nick Holt

By the way we win. Nick shut down the wild wild night at CCMS thread. We have 24 more posts and 123 more views. And they had about 4-5 days head start. Yea SAS. LOL :P

Nick,

Where do i get my daily fix of "As the Track Turns" now? ;)

Well Josh 42, It was a good run while it lasted.

:lol::lol:

Guest The_Greek
By the way we win. Nick shut down the wild wild night at CCMS thread. We have 24 more posts and 123 more views. And they had about 4-5 days head start. Yea SAS. LOL :P

Nick,

Where do i get my daily fix of "As the Track Turns" now? ;)

Well Josh 42, It was a good run while it lasted.

:lol::lol:

hey how bout adding both CC threads, one was about an actual night of racing, and the other was started before the race weekend. so dont fool yourself that the SAS thread is ahead lmao

Guest OLDFLATHEAD

he was just telling you what he heard on the scanner ;) i have also heard this samething before do you do the samething nick!!!! i would not think so you did not at sas when you were there :D

Archived