How did the meeting turn out?

mod88s

Stephan I don't see it as a lot of people crying....just expressing their opinions/points of view....

There are a lot of racers than do race on a budget and therefore can't afford to comply to rules that don't match their home track close enough.....I can easily see $1,000 for a set of tires/wheels...have no idea what a chunk gear goes for nowdays.....Money aside, that's also a lot of work to do a changeover for an occasional race....Guys are lucky to make their home track every week in many cases....

I'm not downing these people....It's their track and they are the ones making the rules....BUT, to me, it would have been more beneficial to everyone had the rules they came up with match a little closer to what is already being run in the area in which they are trying to draw cars from....Again, it's their money and their track.....

I wish the best for them, hope they make it work.....The Austin area has long needed a dirt track...I'll do my best to get by there whenever my schedule allows and give them some publicity and exposure....

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stephan I don't see it as a lot of people crying....just expressing their opinions/points of view....

There are a lot of racers than do race on a budget and therefore can't afford to comply to rules that don't match their home track close enough.....I can easily see $1,000 for a set of tires/wheels...have no idea what a chunk gear goes for nowdays.....Money aside, that's also a lot of work to do a changeover for an occasional race....Guys are lucky to make their home track every week in many cases....

I'm not downing these people....It's their track and they are the ones making the rules....BUT, to me, it would have been more beneficial to everyone had the rules they came up with match a little closer to what is already being run in the area in which they are trying to draw cars from....Again, it's their money and their track.....

I wish the best for them, hope they make it work.....The Austin area has long needed a dirt track...I'll do my best to get by there whenever my schedule allows and give them some publicity and exposure....

Well said Sir

I don't understand how in the world someone can call a difference of opinion "crying". I also seem to recall the Promoter of the track asking us racers to get on facebook and Lone Star Speedzone to express our thought as he was reading them. But if we're not supposed to do that just because our opinions contridict the people involved with the track then I don't know how else to communicate with the track.

I was asked earlier if I had contacted the tech man regarding my questions or issues and the answer is YES. 3 days ago I asked if the rules that were on their website were final and still have not received a response. So, I'll just have to assume that the rules are indeed final and move on...:)

AGAIN! Good luck to Cotton Bowl Speedway and their racers..... <----- THAT'S NOT BASHING!!!

Lets hear it, if you run Limited Modified, Street Stock, Pure Stock or Eco's what is in the rules thats keeping you from racing. List what you have thats not legal per their rules since there is so much mismatching that they have going on. I only ask because I just dont see it? So put it out there and lets really see if there is so much differences.

For me it's ONLY wheels.

Now since you want to start this I'll ask you a couple of questions:

1) What does this track have to offer a racer that we can't get anywhere else?

2) Why should we, as racers, go out and spend a significant amount of money just to race here and ONLY HERE? (I say only here due to the gear change that this track will require)

For starters if a driver is happy with their home track then they shouldnt be considering spending money to go to a different track. Maybe just me but I like my home track and I plan to race there alot more then anywhere else. However I do like to get out and stretch my legs with different tracks from time to time. When I do I expect the changes to cost time and money like everything else in life.Only time will tell what this track has to offer. Personally I "hope" they can be a good option in the event my home track gets rained out or I get a wild hair to race more then normal. To go I would have to change my gear but I have invested in several and it only takes a mere 30 minutes to do so. I am aware some drivers are not that lucky and dont have those resources. Unfortunate for them but thats no my problem.

A thousand dollars for a set of tires and wheels? Wow.... lol. Rebel.... I really want to know what rules you are talking about? Yes...I can see the problem with requiring 8 inch wheels....only 99 percent of the classes running on dirt use this wheel...what were they thinking....excluding the one percenters....oh man...what if the do an occupy cotton bowl....oh no...lol

5 closest tracks to Bryan

Gator.... 10"

H.O.T.... 10"

Killeen... 8"

Lufkin.... 10"

Battlegrouonds...10"

also I hear 105 is also set to re-open next year...10"

So as far as streets on 8" wheels being 99%, I say it's just the opposite for the area in which this track is located.

When the Street Stocks come out onto the track fans know what class they are. They know that the big tires and open hoods mean Street Stock! Why would you want the Street Stocks to look like a Pure stock? I know that Pures can't have open hoods but to the everyday race fan they won't really know to look for that if both run a scoop like mine. This track should have the majority of race fans new to the sport.

Anyhow, I have spoken peace and I really hope things go great for Cotton Bowl Speedway. I work in the oilfield and since Giddings has lots of our vendors based in that area, who knows? I may just get the right sponsorship to get what I need without digging into my own pocket.

A thousand dollars for a set of tires and wheels? Wow.... lol. Rebel.... I really want to know what rules you are talking about? Yes...I can see the problem with requiring 8 inch wheels....only 99 percent of the classes running on dirt use this wheel...what were they thinking....excluding the one percenters....oh man...what if the do an occupy cotton bowl....oh no...lol

4 tires and wheels with a couple spares would be a grand easy with shipping..

I have to say....if the wheel size is all you can come up with....then I think they must be doing a good job....

Also....I didn't know battleground was running street stocks....gator has what? 8 ss ? I am pretty sure hots rule is 8in. If its not....then no one there has 10s that i saw. And if you spent 1000 dollars in a single set of street stock tires and wheels....then money is not a problem for you....I done have that much in tires and wheels in all 3 of my ss combined.

I talked with Danny regarding the wheel issue. He said he may change it to a 10" wheel rule that this was one of the rules he was not shure on.

I agree there is alot of tracks that run the 10" wheels but as you know the 10" tire is going to run faster, which means you better have a good motor for this bigger track. I think the 8" was his way of slowing them down. JMO

Thats cool nothing wrong with 10" wheels on asphalt takeoffs. Cause I will be more then happy to come run my 8 inch wheels against em and so would the Istocks as well. You think you hear crying now just wait and see a whole different kind of crying! Vote em in so we can move on to the next subject.

We fit the rules..but we will need alot more motor...as for relocation of shocks not a issue for me. ..mainly just motor... but im gonna give it a try anyway. We will see what happens...

I'm not sure what car you are, but a Houston Hobby came and ran the street stock shootout this year at Texana and finished fourth...qualified and all...didn't have to go through a B or anything....so, who knows....

Brenda

Archived