How did the meeting turn out?

mod88s

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While we are on the tires and wheel subject.. pures have to run 70 series tires...REALLY..

I read the rules for pures and I like the idea of stock tires!

Small stock tires....cost less that 50 bucks New and will last 2 years....hard to beat that....I would be in heaven if that were the ss tire rule

With all this talk about running modifieds, It got me to thinking. Is there anyway that modifieds and limiteds could sucessfully run together? maybe something like the IMCA northern sportmod rules?

No.

Let's step back and look at the facts (as I see them).

What I gather from the people responding on this topic.....to have a full field of modifieds....the track would have to be imca sanctioned and run Friday nights.

So...the track would have to learn to run a new track....how to run an imca sanction all while competing with high school football...and trying to find enough employees that know what there doing to get the track ready

And that dont work on Fridays.....sure...thats not asking to much.

In my opinion....a sure way to fail is to take on to much at once....

I never said just show up and see if they will fit you in....I said anyone can stand up and help the track....you want a class to run there...then organize the guys and prove it....Danny said nothing is set in stone...I bet if we had 20 mods that showed up at the playday then things might change....IMO ...AJ

Love everyone's argument about Friday night football. Last time I checked racing started in march and football in mid august for practice, September for games, only leaves March, April, May,J une, July and August to race.

If you compare the lm with the mod times they are close on slick and a lot of times the limiteds are faster (66). But I think on this big track It's a disaster waiting to happen.

Joe

For me friday night wont work so saturdays are great! For the classes they are planning on running I dont think IMCA is the way to go. I was just asking about trying to run mods with limiteds in some sort of outlaw class because I was wondering if it could be done to make everyone happy.

We are curently building a pure stock to run there and like the rules, just wish we could run a rear spoiler. Spoilers make a race car look cooler B)

Here's the problem...you'll never make everyone happy...even if you paid $10,000.00 to 1st-last someone would be unhappy with that. As far as running the limiteds with the mods it can be done, they were doing it in north Texas earlier but the guy(I think it was one of the Day's, not sure though) was kickin all the mods arses with his limited so they decided he couldn't race with them any longer. And once a mod gets tangled with a limited the fingers will be pointing and all hell(and crying) will break out(look at what happened when they let a NSM run with the SSM at the icebreaker earlier this year).

joe

I know everyone will not be happy with whatever rules they abide by but most of these comments are opinions about how they feel. I will give mine as I see it. I race a pure stock at Gator, Battleground and Speedarama. I have three sets of tires, as all three of these tracks have different tire rules. Cottonbowl now has a tire rule different than any of these three. Will the tire Cottonbowl has in their rules fit on 8" wheel? Adjustable spring spacers allowed but shocks can be claimed for $25? Also, no wheel spacers. I can understand that if you can run adjustable spring spacers. Then the carb rule is a different story. Not sure what Carbs are being run on pures in Edna and area but Gator requires a 350 Holley, BGS is 4bbl and now Cottonbowl 4412. I just see quiet a few things that gonna take time and money to change week to week to run here and others. The only thing keeping it close to "purestock" is manifold, tire and stock shock rule. Definitely not quick steer, racing springs and adjustable spring spacers. All of this, is of course my opinion whether anyone agrees or not.

I have a question.Why do all tracks think all racers are broke.there are people that have money that race that would like a good track to race at with the more expensive cars where they don't have to travel as much and have a weekly show to run at [Home track].It seems to me that a track needs a premier class where drivers without the funds might be able to move up to the teams that have owners looking for drivers to give a chance to the next stewart or Gordon and don't say there not there I know several of these type people and there is more in the wings that just don't get involved because they can't travel and be gone from there business and don't want there business on a lower class of car.I'm glad there is a new dirt track I think there is a few things that are being left on the table jmo

What tracks have dropped the modifieds??

Over a last couple years. Edna, STS, SOS, and McAllen prior to closing.

GATOR IN WILLIS

Problem being, none showed up. The mod class has shot themselves in the foot by not racing regularly. Nobody wants to see 6 or 8 mods race, it's boring as hell, and they wonder why they won't have anywhere to race in the next couple of years. Promoters are not obligated to provide a place to race to any class. The classes on the schedule, usually, are the ones that show up to race, every week. There are a lot of mods out there, but most don't race often enough to justify having them on a weekly schedule. JMO

Problem being, none showed up. The mod class has shot themselves in the foot by not racing regularly. Nobody wants to see 6 or 8 mods race, it's boring as hell, and they wonder why they won't have anywhere to race in the next couple of years. Promoters are not obligated to provide a place to race to any class. The classes on the schedule, usually, are the ones that show up to race, every week. There are a lot of mods out there, but most don't race often enough to justify having them on a weekly schedule. JMO

Been to killeen this year? 19-21 almost every night, with a few nights with b mains. What you say is true for south/east Texas outlaw mods though. Evan waco averaged around 15 and is known as a rough track with a few rough drivers on Friday night.

Joe

Been to killeen this year? 19-21 almost every night, with a few nights with b mains. What you say is true for south/east Texas outlaw mods though. Evan waco averaged around 15 and is known as a rough track with a few rough drivers on Friday night.

Joe

Just can't seem to get them together in the Houston area. Down to 1 track, and that track's future is up in the air as far as ownership, rules and classes for next year. USMTS put on an awesome show in Baytown, though! Hope to see them get it together(in the Houston area) before it is too late.

Archived