How did the meeting turn out?

mod88s

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those were said to be incorrect, just posted for an example.. anyone that was there at the meeting have any insight or info?

I was at the meeting and they said the rules that are posted are the rules and those are the classes that are for sure.

Any other classes and rules will be determined at some point in the future. If your class is not listed you need to get cars/drivers together and show Danny the car count will be there consistantly.

There's going to be a test day when the track is further along.

A bunch of details were given on the track design and construction.

They broke ground.

We ate hot dogs and drank soft drinks and lied about our racing.

Someone else may want to fill in the blanks.

Thanks for the info... that really sucks no mods..

What was said about Mods is that they would start off on a limited schedule. If car count is good then they will add them as a regular class. Probably will not be sanctioned initially but will look at IMCA for the open wheel classes only.

Unfortunatly, without a full schedule and/or sanction, there won't be a full field of cars. Speaking for Mods only.

Look guys, all the drivers need to get together in each class if they want to race a full schedule or whatever you want. Danny said it was up to the drivers, it's all on us. So quit the bitchen and step up to the plate. Do all of you want to race or not. Listing to this is getting old. I just want to race. PS, Wayne ,this is not directed to you, just tired of all comments about how we can't get a car count in some of these classes.

A sanctioning body doesn't guarantee a full field in any class. I've seen sanctioned tracks will low car counts and non sanctioned tracks with really good car counts. It's more about demographics. Where are the cars located that will benefit from the location of this Saturday night track? What class are these cars in? How many of these cars will be willing to change gears to race at this bigger track? Lots of other factors will determine car count in my opinion, not A sectioning body.

Unfortunatly, without a full schedule and/or sanction, there won't be a full field of cars. Speaking for Mods only.

Look guys, all the drivers need to get together in each class if they want to race a full schedule or whatever you want. Danny said it was up to the drivers, it's all on us. So quit the bitchen and step up to the plate. Do all of you want to race or not. Listing to this is getting old. I just want to race. PS, Wayne ,this is not directed to you, just tired of all comments about how we can't get a car count in some of these classes.

I'm pretty sure most of if not everyone already has a choice to race at. Sounds to me maybe the owners need to listen up to what the drivers have to say.

Sorry but I disagree. If a new track does their job, puts a nice facility together, has a good officiating crew/tech, promotes their track and drivers, creates a relationship with the public and is family friendly then they will be able to run any class on any night and make money doing it. Give these guys a chance to build the place first and get started. They have made some early decisions and to be honest they probably made some of their decisions based on how other area tracks have done and are doing with certain classes. Other tracks have changed from Friday to Saturday for a reason and are better for it. Yo can bet they dont want to start with a class and then cut it for a reason. Their decisions so far are consistant with trying to start on the right foot in that area. Just because I cant race our LLM there every week on a friday night doesnt mean its a bad track. No track will sit on the thumbs if there is a large car count of a class sitting close by. You guys will have to prove their decision is wrong when given the opportunity instead of holding it against them and never getting a chance.

I am curious....does anyone remember why the modified class was created? It was just an economy class....because not many people could afford latemodels....but they got out of hand....and now are suffering the same fate that latemodels have endured. They were never meant to be the premier class.... to the people in the stands....the limiteds look exactly the same...are about the same speed...and were designed for the same purpose as the modifieds.... so to me.... tracks dropping the modified class is just the normal route of evolution....

As for IMCA sanctioning....its not a clear cut decision.... for every person that I have heard that will not run there without it....I have heard a person say they will not run there with it.....sounds like you damned if you do...damned if you dont....

I have heard some people talk about how the track promoter stressed how much they're spending and that money was not an issue.... and some people were upset saying he was coming off as they have enough money they dont care what the racer wants... its the same thing.... (damned if you do...) I know for a fact that that was everyones first question....does this track have enough to make it....SO...Danny tried to make sure people understood that they did.... you can never make people happy it seems....

As far as running the class you want....Danny said he will give them a chance....so... if you really think imca is the way to go....then get the cars to show up....Rome was not built in a day....so...if it takes a year or two to get the bugs worked out, is that really a big deal?

The bottom line is this...there is nothing the track can do to make everyone happy....but they have to start somewhere......and if you want to make it better...all you have to do is try....

Sorry but I disagree. If a new track does their job, puts a nice facility together, has a good officiating crew/tech, promotes their track and drivers, creates a relationship with the public and is family friendly then they will be able to run any class on any night and make money doing it. Give these guys a chance to build the place first and get started. They have made some early decisions and to be honest they probably made some of their decisions based on how other area tracks have done and are doing with certain classes. Other tracks have changed from Friday to Saturday for a reason and are better for it. Yo can bet they dont want to start with a class and then cut it for a reason. Their decisions so far are consistant with trying to start on the right foot in that area. Just because I cant race our LLM there every week on a friday night doesnt mean its a bad track. No track will sit on the thumbs if there is a large car count of a class sitting close by. You guys will have to prove their decision is wrong when given the opportunity instead of holding it against them and never getting a chance.

Agree 100%

I am curious....does anyone remember why the modified class was created? It was just an economy class....because not many people could afford latemodels....but they got out of hand....and now are suffering the same fate that latemodels have endured. They were never meant to be the premier class.... to the people in the stands....the limiteds look exactly the same...are about the same speed...and were designed for the same purpose as the modifieds.... so to me.... tracks dropping the modified class is just the normal route of evolution....

As for IMCA sanctioning....its not a clear cut decision.... for every person that I have heard that will not run there without it....I have heard a person say they will not run there with it.....sounds like you damned if you do...damned if you dont....

I have heard some people talk about how the track promoter stressed how much they're spending and that money was not an issue.... and some people were upset saying he was coming off as they have enough money they dont care what the racer wants... its the same thing.... (damned if you do...) I know for a fact that that was everyones first question....does this track have enough to make it....SO...Danny tried to make sure people understood that they did.... you can never make people happy it seems....

As far as running the class you want....Danny said he will give them a chance....so... if you really think imca is the way to go....then get the cars to show up....Rome was not built in a day....so...if it takes a year or two to get the bugs worked out, is that really a big deal?

The bottom line is this...there is nothing the track can do to make everyone happy....but they have to start somewhere......and if you want to make it better...all you have to do is try....

Once again agree 100%

Edna and SOS both have and have heard several others considering it....Heck...I dont think I saw a full field once (or even half of a full field to be honest) at i37 this year (and their IMCA sanctioned) Heard there were only 18 at the grand in houston this year....

But...like I said...actions speak louder than words....if the cars show up....they will get ran....

It's not the drivers responsablity to show and hope to get to race. Put a class on the schedule, be consitant, and pay. In time they will start to show up. If there is nothing scheduled, then said track can not expect other cars to show up.

The Modifieds have all but died off in south and east Texas. They are still doing fine elsewhere.

As far as remembering where the Mods came from. Doesn't matter. It's called evolution. Remember where Crapcar started and look at the cars now.

I wish this track well. It's nice to have dirt track racing back in central Texas again. For me, it's a waiting game to see what unfolds.

For those that are close by and don't have a class to race in here, try helping out one of the schools in the Hope Program.

Wayne

Personally I wanna see the big dogs of dirt track racing compete...Sprints, Late Models and Modifieds Add a 1 strong full class of "entry" type fender cars and I'd be in racing heaven; or at Learnerville Speedway in Sarver, PA...LOL

Archived