How did the meeting turn out?

mod88s

I think it is funny/sad how people can just get on here and bash the crap out of someone who is trying to live a dream and build a nice race track for us to race at! Everyone bitching should be ashamed! I am excited to see what they are going to build and I look forward to racing in the street stock class out there! Lets just be happy for what they are doing for us and do what we can to support them!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it is funny/sad how people can just get on here and bash the crap out of someone who is trying to live a dream and build a nice race track for us to race at! Everyone bitching should be ashamed! I am excited to see what they are going to build and I look forward to racing in the street stock class out there! Lets just be happy for what they are doing for us and do what we can to support them!

I'm going to keep this positive, were you there? Did you talk to the guy face to face? If so then its your opinion, but I was there and what he told us face to face was much different than what he said in the meeting. I'm getting pretty tired of people telling us what to do and they weren't even there or was there and didn't have a one on one conversation with the guy. I drove 2 hours(yes I live in the middle of no where) to discuss classes and days to run only to be told they were running Saturday and it had been decided long before. They also said the classes and rules were posted, if I'm no mistaken this is the same rules and classes we were told were just an example for the web site designer, I may be wrong about that though.

All my opinion but I was there and had a one on one discussion with the guy.

On a side note: as the owner of an excavations company the amount of work left the track won't be ready till early summer at best, if they kick it in high gear there's a chance but they are gona have to hustle.

Joe

GOOD GOSH! How can something as positive as a new track being built be turned so negative? Let me remind you all of a few obviously forgotten facts:

1. you're not building the track - Julie and Danny are

2. it's their track, they can run whatever classes they want

3. if you want to race at their track, you can run 1 or more of their classes

4. if the track succeeds or fails, it's their money and time that's at stake

5. possibly no one noticed, but Julie's oil field service company does excavation (they probably

have a pretty good idea how to build it

6. if you don't like what they are doing, stay where you are

I, for one am going to try to help get enough LLM's to make a class there, but if I can't, I'll convert the cars to a class that is running.

GOOD GOSH! How can something as positive as a new track being built be turned so negative? Let me remind you all of a few obviously forgotten facts:

5. possibly no one noticed, but Julie's oil field service company does excavation (they probably

I, for one am going to try to help get enough LLM's to make a class there, but if I can't, I'll convert the cars to a class that is running.

you are 100 % correct, good luck to the track.

Anyone who has followed LSS for a while knows that there are two sorts of people who post here. Negative people and positive people.

Yes, sometimes the negative folks have something positive to say once in a while and sometimes positive people have something negative to say. But on the whole, after a while you get a feel for who tends to be negative and who tends to be positive.

I do try to keep the negative stuff down to a dull roar and remove outright bashes and ugly stuff as soon as I see it. But the line between bash and bringing up a point that happens to be negative is kinda blurry and I deal with that line every day. Sometimes, just like everyone, I make a judgement error in one direction or the other, but on the whole, I think most people who post here know pretty much where that line is.

Discussions about rules and calls (or non-calls) always bring our strong statements from folks with a vested interest in which way the rule will go or which way the call went. Hopefully the new track owners will see the value in having a rules discussion up front even if it means some folks will be negative in their view of the world and their view of the new track.

Lets' try to keep things as positive as possible as Cotton Bowl Speedway gets built and as we get to know the various people involved in this new track.

Thanks.

Nick

AMEN!

Yes Joe I was there and I did not talk to the man face to face! He told us what they want to do in the meeting so why do I need to bug him more about detail? It is what it is and it will be what they want it to be! If you dont want to race there then that is your choice! I just dont think it is right to be negitive towards these people! Why is alot of people pissed about racing on saturdays? I thought that is the day we have raced on for many decades! LMAO! All of the negitive people out there are going to look silly when/if you show up to race their when alot of us see all the whining you are doing now on here about this track! Just sayin!

Matt Hodge

I hope that no one thinks I'm "BASHING" this new track by my posts. Although I don't see me racing there I'm still excited about the notion of a PREMIER race facility such as what was described at the ceremony. I wish that decisions regarding my specific class had not already been made so that I may have had the opportunity to give my thoughts and opinions but I respect their ambition in trying to lay out what they can as quickly as possible.

Good Luck to Cotton Bowl Speedway and all of their Year 1 racers.

Why is alot of people pissed about racing on saturdays? I thought that is the day we have raced on for many decades!

Southern racing mentality!.....and I'll just leave it at that!

two sorts of people who post here. Negative people and positive people.

Nick....three....those with personal agendas!....and again, I'll just leave it at that!

Tommy.....you wont race there because your wheels are not legal? Really?

I will never understand why no one is ever flexible.... oh well have fun in tsrs....BTW....at the meeting Danny clearly said if you had issues or questions regarding the rules to contact the tech man...have you called ? It

I'm not pissed about racing Saturdays, I do that already. I have to drive 3 hours to Waco to race Fridays and would love a place to race Fridays that was closer. My in-laws live in Bastrop so I could stay over and not have to drive home...I think this is the main reason people wanted Fridays.

joe

Wheels, tires, gears. If I did buy all that then I will only be able to race here. I don't think that it is reasonable for you to think that I should be excited about the added expense for us just to race at just 1 track.

I'm certain that this track will be the happening place for Bastrop and Lee County. I do plan on going as a spectator to see you race AJ. Good luck to you and all involved with this venture.

Wheels, tires, gears. If I did buy all that then I will only be able to race here. I don't think that it is reasonable for you to think that I should be excited about the added expense for us just to race at just 1 track.

I'm certain that this track will be the happening place for Bastrop and Lee County. I do plan on going as a spectator to see you race AJ. Good luck to you and all involved with this venture.

But you would still have your old wheels tires and gear....I was looking forward to putting my hobby up against you guys..

who knows,could always throw in a sunday afternoon from time to time for a modified,late model,sprint or some kind of show and draw the fri-sat racers from other tracks to drop by.wouldnt interfer with the regular sat nite program and would keep peoples interest up to come spectate.

I have a question, and im not bashing anyone or anything, I really dont know.

From Austin, what are the closest tracks that run modifieds and are they IMCA or outlaw?

TTS- killeen-imca

i-37 pleasanton- imca

hot-waco-imca(friday)

281 speedway Stephanville-imca

these are the closest tracks to Austin, closest outlaw track I know of is Cowtown, not sure if edna races mods or not?

Killeen is the closest to the north, about an hour drive pulling a trailer. Waco is next up north, takes me from round rock exactly an hour and a half.. They are both IMCA.. If you go south, I37 speedway in Pleasanton is about 2.5 hours away IMCA... there are a couple of tracks south like Goliad and some other one i cant think of right now which are both outlaw tracks and I dont believe they race on a consistent basis. As you can see, there are not a whole lot of options around here for IMCA mods which is why we want cotton bowl to run them. They would draw a full field of mods every weekend guaranteed. But not if they dont decide to run them in advance, if they only run a handful of races for mods, I dont think the turnout will be that great because people will be running for points at other tracks.. Sundays scare people off because of having to work monday morning..

I got kinda spolied living so close to the track Ive been running that a 2 -2.5 hour haul to run is a bit of hike. Running an IMCA class with an outlaw motor doesnt sound appealing. Buying yet another bullet also doesnt sound like great fun either. Man, I picked the wrong time to buy a dirt car. :lol:

I got kinda spolied living so close to the track Ive been running that a 2 -2.5 hour haul to run is a bit of hike. Running an IMCA class with an outlaw motor doesnt sound appealing. Buying yet another bullet also doesnt sound like great fun either. Man, I picked the wrong time to buy a dirt car. :lol:

that would be nice to live close to a track...the nearest one for me is almost two hours....maybe i should find a new past time....nah

If you not prepared to spend alittle money to conform to different track rules then dont compliant regarding what you have isnt legal. There is no room for that, god knows enough crying goes on as it is. Racing costs money and thats that. If you dont have a budget then racing is the last sport you need to be in. Of course you can always go race regardless of rules and hang out outside the top 5 and never get teched but still have fun if thats your cup of tea.

Not attacking any one person. I am referring to drivers that have a track that they have been racing at. But in order to race at Cotton Bowl they may need to change some items to be legal to their rules. Instead of accepting the rules as the rules either race or dont, they would rather cry and tell everyone about it.

Archived