2012 THR Thunderstock rules

blue11

I would like to do away with the HANS and just go to the F-16 fighter ejection seat. the jet fighter is being phazed out and should be plenty of them around to scavenge seats out of. maybe some gauges and other cool stuff. and you probaply couldnt have a bigger fan pleaser the landings would be rough and hard to predict but hell we got used to indoor plumbing and air conditioning. I am sure with time and practice we could get used to them. and replacement seats hell I am sure as this is being read and as close as Randolf airforce base is a black market is already getting going putting out of work people back to work from the race track to the prison staff from lawyers to judges on the take to hospital staff to the welfare system with all these mothers alone on the outside now turning tricks to the family left behind due to the man just trying to put food on his table all because Obama wants to build roads instead of drill for oil putting people to work making $12 dollars an hour instead of $25 dollars an hour It boils down to this ITS ALL GEORGE BUSHES FAULT right down to the bubonic plauge and the great depression just think if Ronald Reagen was here now How much worse he could make it But all that doesnt matter the Republicans would just blame it on Obama When it is really Mr Rogers fault if he had sang about something besides the neiborhood and sang more about sex drugs and rocking roll and just think I did all this soul searching or should I say this mind excreament for Nick Holt to erase all with one keystroke dam the luck ANd thats all I got tob say about that

LEAVE IT TO BOBBY!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed running with all you thunderstock guy's at THR, None of the cars at HMP will meet the 2012 rules at THR, my car only fits HMP rules so I guess I won't be running with ya'll, there ain't anymore places to run the Allison Legacy's around here except on road race track's, Look's like i'll only be able to run HMP. Ya'll stay in touch and let me know how ya'll are doing next season, have nice Holiday's and remember to give thank's to GOD, hope to see ya'll again, thank's Del. ;)

Del,

Sure does suck that optional header rule made your car Illegal at THR now...

Sorry calling a spade a spade here.. THR did the right thing by limiting rule changes.

AB

Aaron, it didn't make my car illegal, it made it to where I can only run my Prostock at HMP, I hope that both tracks have enough car count in either class, you were one of the people that want to be able to run both tracks, maybe HMP once and a while, both tracks are Nascar tracks and now HMP is a national stock class for Nascar, I just wish we had an option at both tracks thens we only run every other week. A spade is a spade and you can't change that , GOOD LUCK and holler at me when you come to Houston !!! ;)

p.s. the Huff's Thunderstock is for sale.

I dought headers are people's deciding facter on racing or not remember its headers without a cross over and then it gonna get choked from 3'' back down to 2 1/2'' so it will be intresting I am not going to headers just yet gotta do a little research and development I am not just gonna slap headers on cause they say we can

headers, more HP, not to sure about that. The rules allow headers with 1 5/8 tubes and a max of 3 inch collector that still has to turn in to a 2 1/2 pipe. Ya headers will flow better but can you get the extra exhaust flow out of a 2 1/2 pipe. How much extra exhaust flow can you get anyway, remember 1.94 intake valve, 1.5 exhaust valve, performer intake thats really only good for 5,500 RPM and a 4412 carb, not to mention 68cc head and 4 valve releif piston, remember the rule of 100 pound valve seat pressure that will limit the max RPM you can put out without floating valves.

Not to sure about why the rule was allowed but in my eyes it's another rule that should have never been introduced. Leave the rules alone and if it is not broken dont fix it.

Ya I know some people are gonna say its not gonna cost money cause you dont have to change anything because the rule allows manifolds also, I see it all the time, / racer A is winning every race and his car has headers so what is racer B gonna do, ya you guessed it, buy himself some headers to try to keep up with racer A/ and there you go, $$$$$$$$$ down the drain cause of a rule change.

racers and car builders spend countless hours tuning their cars to meet rules and spend lots of $$ finding, building, or buying the parts they need to meet the Technical Rules and keep finding themselves having to do it overs and overs again every year and if not every year its every other year to meet the rule changes. Been around racing for 20+ years and I see it overs and overs again. [edited out by Nick Holt, 11/23/2011] O and one more thing, I did not see and changes for the TSRS LM class, at least one thing went right.

FASTMAN In defence of the track I will say this the Ramhorn exhaust everyone was using was getting hard to find and expensive to buy from china they were $79 dollars a side and that was for chinese crap (I hate china) But they were getting very hard to find anyways If I can even afford to race this year I will be running my ramhorns at least till I see a difference enough to get me to buy them if and when I that time ever gets here and as for the 5500 I have 100 # valve springs and regularly turn my motor 6700-6900 and it pulls great I can tell over 6700 hundred it quits pulling as hard professionally by Meredith Racing Engines MRE

Headers will not be the reason more people come out...

Getting a class sponsor & a better purse will help maintain Car count.. (not at the top but the $ to start is key)

Clean Fun Racing will be the reason more cars come out... (Drivers own this, Track officials responsible to Enforce)

Keeping the rules consistant will help build car count... Drastic Rules to get HMP cars to travel to THR is not realistic.. Been there done that... Don't seem many drivers leaving their Points battles to risk it at another track...

As for RPM... A good engine builder can build you a "safe" motor that will turn the 66-6800 RPM an open motor should turn..

Checking your valvetrain is an important part of Weekly checks..

Hanson, who said that 100# seat pressure rule limits motors form turning more than 5500 RPM. Read my post again. If you want to turn 6900 go right on ahead. correct me if im wrong but did'nt you break 1, 2, or 3 motors in the 2011 season. As for ram horns being hard to find, I have a set hanging in my shop, if you or anyone else wants them you can have them for $60.00

One more thing, when I ran TS i was consistantly the fastest car on the track with a set of LOG MANIFOLDS.

Abrungot has it right, headers and rule changes is not going to build car count, LEAVING THE RULES ALONE AND NOT CHANGING RULES WILL BUILD CAR COUNT.

RPM with 100# seat pressure is not a real big issue but if your gonna run 6800 or 6900 RPM your reg. $100 and less valve springs just aint gonna cut it. If someone wants to prove me wrong go right on ahead.

e. Chassis type headers are allowed with 1-5/8-inch OD tubes, and a maximum of 3-inch collector. Over the top, 180-degree, stepped header and header wrap on the header tubes is NOT allowed.

with this new rule and the way its written there are some headers on the market that totally 100% abide by the rules and only cost $500.00 not to mention they are not even installed yet and shipping would have to be added also. WOW rule changes sure are COSTLY.

FASTMAN I am impressed that you were watching us that close yes we blew 2 motors last season BUT neither one was from RPMs. 1 was from lack of oil pressure on a couple rod mains. OUR fault. we wanted to race so bad we didnt relay the nessacary IMFO to engine Builder To stop, miss a race and save a motor. The 2nd was a Block problem. engine builder and I knew we were taking a chance. we chose to take the chance and LOST . . . FASTMAN what car are you racing what do you have to back up your engine program? WHAT is your race accomplishments? If I know you, its not by FASTMAN. if you have A bad ass record to humble me please show it. if you are just running your head tell me one reason anybody should listen to you. I will listen to anyone thats trying to help. I dont know a whole lot but I try REAL HARD.

Donnie what is so funny ? ? ? ? ? ? ? oh yeah happy thanks giving to all my Thunder Stock family

I was laughing at you and fastman conversations! I look at it this way if you dont like the rules dont race there. It seems the rules change every year so everyone should get used to it. I`ve only raced there last year so i dont know what they were years before. But i have been told that adding headers should make the racing faster and better. It is what it is!!!! But i do have a question for any of you how will be fair if some are running headers and others are not and they say you get about 10 to 12 more horsepower with headers how will this be fair to the rest of field. I`ll be the first to admit i dont know anything about that stuff. Thanks for the info. :unsure:

Keeping the rules consistant will help build car count... Drastic Rules to get HMP cars to travel to THR is not realistic.. Been there done that... Don't seem many drivers leaving their Points battles to risk it at another track...

but if both tracks make that class a NASCAR class then the reward to run both tracks for national points would be huge. 24 opportunities to earn some serious points, especially if both classes shared the same rules, would be a great opportunity to have more cars at both. more cars = more points.

Archived