2012 THR Thunderstock rules

blue11

Other than adjustable rear spring plates & electric fan sounds like a THR Super Stock to me.

heads, cam, weight, there is a big difference when comparing the prostocks to the THR superstocks, we ran against them at HMP a few years back and they lapped us big time, talk about car count and having an option to run both tracks, the prostocks and thunderstocks are the closest two classes with just minor rule changes.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
THunderstocks dont have a cam rule you can run any cam you want your limit is valve spring pressure 100# correct me if I am wrong

You are correct, but HMP does have a cam rule, if they would drop the cam rule at HMP then the THR cars would not have to change their cam, that would make it more even for both tracks. i'm sure this will be something that no-one will probably look at, but the economy is not getting any better and if I wanted car count, this would not hurt anyones pocket book to make minor changes for the sake of both tracks, i would love to see 15-20 or more cars in this class, bringing the rules together is the only way to do it, creating more classes has destroyed car count at many tracks, if you can't build a different car, then you have to run what the track allows, less classes, more car count in each class. the asphalt tracks are loosing cars to dirt because so many different classes are created, take a look at each track with-in a 200 mile range of Kyle or Houston, dirt and asphalt, pull them up off of the track list at lone star speedzone, then check each track for classes and car count in each class, you will see in black and white what I am talking about, it's time to make sence and save our asphalt tracks in Texas, we are loosing them !!!

THunderstocks dont have a cam rule you can run any cam you want your limit is valve spring pressure 100# correct me if I am wrong

You are correct, but HMP does have a cam rule, if they would drop the cam rule at HMP then the THR cars would not have to change their cam, that would make it more even for both tracks. i'm sure this will be something that no-one will probably look at, but the economy is not getting any better and if I wanted car count, this would not hurt anyones pocket book to make minor changes for the sake of both tracks, i would love to see 15-20 or more cars in this class, bringing the rules together is the only way to do it, creating more classes has destroyed car count at many tracks, if you can't build a different car, then you have to run what the track allows, less classes, more car count in each class. the asphalt tracks are loosing cars to dirt because so many different classes are created, take a look at each track with-in a 200 mile range of Kyle or Houston, dirt and asphalt, pull them up off of the track list at lone star speedzone, then check each track for classes and car count in each class, you will see in black and white what I am talking about, it's time to make sence and save our asphalt tracks in Texas, we are loosing them !!!

Del,

Your car has gone from HMP to THR and back to HMP, whose rules were cheaper/easier to change to?

problem is for those that already have ThunderStocks.. its cheaper not to change rules... and with nearly 30 cars out there that have run the ThunderStocks the issue is how to get more of them there at once...

A big hit to car count came with tire change & Head & Neck required... haven't recovered from those changes yet!

I would like to do away with the HANS and just go to the F-16 fighter ejection seat. the jet fighter is being phazed out and should be plenty of them around to scavenge seats out of. maybe some gauges and other cool stuff. and you probaply couldnt have a bigger fan pleaser the landings would be rough and hard to predict but hell we got used to indoor plumbing and air conditioning. I am sure with time and practice we could get used to them. and replacement seats hell I am sure as this is being read and as close as Randolf airforce base is a black market is already getting going putting out of work people back to work from the race track to the prison staff from lawyers to judges on the take to hospital staff to the welfare system with all these mothers alone on the outside now turning tricks to the family left behind due to the man just trying to put food on his table all because Obama wants to build roads instead of drill for oil putting people to work making $12 dollars an hour instead of $25 dollars an hour It boils down to this ITS ALL GEORGE BUSHES FAULT right down to the bubonic plauge and the great depression just think if Ronald Reagen was here now How much worse he could make it But all that doesnt matter the Republicans would just blame it on Obama When it is really Mr Rogers fault if he had sang about something besides the neiborhood and sang more about sex drugs and rocking roll and just think I did all this soul searching or should I say this mind excreament for Nick Holt to erase all with one keystroke dam the luck ANd thats all I got tob say about that

problem is for those that already have ThunderStocks.. its cheaper not to change rules... and with nearly 30 cars out there that have run the ThunderStocks the issue is how to get more of them there at once...

A big hit to car count came with tire change & Head & Neck required... haven't recovered from those changes yet!

BUT AFTER SOME OF THE WRECKS THAT HAPPEN THIS YEAR IF YOU DIDNT HAVE THAT KIND OF SAFTY RULES SOME OF THOSE PEOPLE MAY NOT HAVE BEEN RACING ANYMORE. THAT WAS A GOOD RULE CHANGE. TIRES I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT WHAT REALLY HAPPEN WITH THAT RULE. :ph34r:

the changes made were for safety and going to a Nascar sanction on goodyear tires, the tires was a start in the right direction of the 2 tracks coming together on tire rules, there is nothing that would cost so much on either set of rules that would hurt anyone that wants to race, the 2 classes are to close together already, maybe $500.00 to make the changes for this to happen. the cars that are sitting around is not just because of rule changes, the economy has played a big part in them not showing up, where-as, if we want the class to grow, we as a class need to pull together and see if some of these cars that are sitting need help to get their cars ready or what the reason is they are not running, I wrote the changes that would bring the class together and it is very in-expensive, most cars would take less than $300.00 to meet the rules. in the off season would be the best time to make any changes, thens most people are making changes anyway.

I see the asphalt tracks loosing more cars to dirt because of no choice of tracks because the rules are different, instead they just go to a dirt track with a few minor changes and they are racing again, the are so many dirt tracks to choose from and they are building more as i am writing this. Distance is no problem for racers as in either the Houston or Kyle area, there are so many. What happen to Meyer Speedway in the early 80's was not so much Houston was getting bigger and pushing them out, it was more the fact that dirt tracks were being built and the asphalt drivers took their cars to dirt, I seen it and did it my self.

for our asphalt tracks to servive, we have to make some changes now, if it comes to bringing the rules closer together, then everyone as a whole, needs to do a part, if some of these cars are sitting because of rule problems, we need to find out, if it is funding problems, we need to as a class, help to get sponsors for these people, we can do that by showing our cars at local businesses that would give a little to help all, who know's, we may even get a sponsor for the whole class. I don't have an answer for everyones needs, but I do know that we sure could use more car count at both tracks, there is about 10-12 cars at HMP and about the same at THR, it would be nice to have 20+ at both tracks, I have not spoke to any owner at either track, I did speak with Jack about the changes that would be nessessary to make this happpen, He said that if you look at it, we ain't that far off and the changes that needed to be made were not that costly, just a thought on trying to keep asphalt racing and our class alive !!! ;)

I believe the car count will go up if the track starts using the Black Flag and enforcing the race rules. Some people know this and some don't want to hear this but there is that one little rumor going around that if you race this track your going to get wrecked. I know the fans like the great wrecks that occure and that helps keep the money coming in at the front gate but if there isn't any cars to watch it won't matter anymore.

Del That is just a bunch of talk you have had money so long you have for gotten what its like to go check to check. the talk your talkin sounds crazy talk. I for one may not race due to money. Del if you got money burning a hole in your pockett Help me out I am not to proud. I LOVE racing and the people. I dont know where your finding sponsers I have worked my butt off trying. The most I ever got was a box of pens from the parts house. BY NO MEANS AM I TRYING TO INSULT YOU I LOVE YA DEL

I need a Head and neck restraint, a new front nose clip. I need a new wind shield. I need gloves my wife and I shared the same pair of gloves all season. I wear a wore out old Fire suit. I get by on Tires by Nick cole's good graces and other late models. hell I hadnt had money to mount the tires at the track I wait and I use Nick Coles Tire Machine at his shop. my shoes are completly wore thru Oh and race gas LOL my car hasnt seen gallon of race gas its too expensive I use super unleaded. hell I have a hand full of gotta haves in order for me to race I have a whole slew of needs but I can get by beg borrowing and stealing and I got a wish list a show dog cant jump over. And all this before they Change any rules so Del Ill see ya up there but when ever they want to know what rues you want to change go easy. You maybe knocking some one out.

ALL this and I got a motor with hard seasons on it and The 66 dont even have a motor yet so here it is Can I afford to race. No not really. But hell thats half the cars out there I love racing I would rather race than have sex I eat sleep dream racing so I sacrifice quite a bit now 2 years ago my bank account was in a whole lot better condition I have been layed off more this year than all the other years added up together and then multiplied by 2 anyways thats where I am at right now so go easy on me.

mr harris,

for aolt of us reading this your preaching to the choir. the rules at hmp dont require tubular uppers just an option, electric fans are not required, rear wedge are not required. but it does say no camaros so the most of supers are not allowed. it no where does it state standard transmission are mandatory.

but on the other hand novas are not allowed in the thunder stocks. and the gm 602 crate motor is not allowed in the thr classes except trucks.

Three local asphalt tracks left in Texas and none of them can play with each other. WHY?

The answer to the question, "why?" is always the same: "Because."

A few years ago I formed the Texas Track Owners and Promoters Association (TOPPA). Anyone remember that?

I do. I spent a lot of my money, time and effort to bring three asphalt tracks together - CC Speedway, San Antonio Speedway and Thunderhill Raceway - to tackle some of the very issues that remain unresolved to this day. At that time HMP was doing it's own thing with "no purse racing" before the Bakers really got their program going, so they were not a part of TOPPA.

The concept of common rules for one class at first, a 3-track championship series for that class (complete with a sizable funding from a highly respected regional business) and other mutually beneficial goals were agreed upon and we met several times.

But when the rubber hit the road, the issue always became, "which track would have to give up the most" or "which track would benefit the most." In theory, all three tracks were for the common rules, but in practicality, they all wanted the rules to be adjusted to fit their track and not the other way around. TOPPA collapsed when one track went ahead and published their own set of rules before the TOPPA rules were to be published.

That was several years ago and all three tracks have had changes to some degree or other since then, so this thread should not finger-pointing blame game. There was enough blame for the collapse of TOPPA to go around and our job is not to assign blame here.

Now - to the point. I still have the paperwork for TOPPA and would be more than willing to meet with representatives of HMP, THR and CC Speedway if there is any genuine interest in reforming TOPPA.

Nick

Nick, you might be old enough to remember when Pan American ans Speed-o-Ram worked together. ;) It has happened before and could again. Takes a little give and take on everybody's side.

What ya'll are saying sounds familiar. Kind of like IMCA? :o

Not only do I remember those days, Wayne, back in the '70s I actually competed at both Pan American Speedway and Paramount Austin Speedway, as Ricci Ware called the quarter-mile Austin track back then.

I'm sure common rules can be worked out among the three active asphalt tracks. Not to leave Red River out, but they seem to interface with the nearby Oklahoma track rather than look south towards the other three asphalt tracks.

But in order for any cooperative effort like TOPPA to be successful, the spirit of cooperation has to be there. That means that everyone has to be willing to give a little for the common good of racing or it will fail once again.

Nick

I didnt mean to open a can of worms.............................................Ya I did. Fans really cant tell what the race car has in its motor or drivetrain, They look the same to us. We wont to see more cars racing at one time. So will someone please figure this out.

I DIN'T WANT TO SAY ANYTHING, BUT I FEEL I HAVE TO. BOBBY, I KNOW THE FEELING OF NOT HAVING THE MONEY AND THIS SHOULD NOT BE A MAJOR MONEY ISSUE FOR US TO COME TOGETHER ON RULES AND HELPING THE TRACKS GENERATE MORE CARS, WHAT A LOT OF YOU DON'T KNOW IS THAT AS OF AUGUST 15TH, I LOST A BUSINESS CONTRACT THAT I HAD FOR 91/2 YEARS AND HAD ESTABLISHED A GOOD BUSINESS, WHEN I LOST THAT CONTRACT, IT BLEW MY WORLD AWAY, I GOT ON FACEBOOK AND ASK FOR ALL YA'LLS PRAYERS AND DIDN'T GO INTO DETAIL'S, I AM LIKE YOU AND DON'T HAVE MONEY TO SPEND ON RACING, IF IT WASN'T FOR MR. AND MS. HUFF, I COULD NOT RACE, SOMETHING I ENJOYED MY WHOLE LIFE, AT THIS TIME I AM FIGHTING TO KEEP MY COMPANY NAME, IT TAKES A LOT FOR PERMITS FOR ME TO STAY IN BUSINESS ALONG WITH EXPENSIVE INSURANCE, SOME TIMES I WONDER IF IT'S ALL WORTH IT, THEN I PRAY TO GOD TO MAKE A WAY, I AM NO BETTER THAN ANYONE OF YOU RACERS, WITHOUT THE HELP I HAVE RECIEVED, I WOULD HAVE NOTHING AND A WIFE WITH DIABETES TO TAKE CARE OF, WE DON'T QUALIFY FOR MEDICARE OR MEDICADE, SO HER MED'S COME OUT OF MY POCKET, I HAVE SEVERAL THINGS FOR SALE ON THE INTERNET THAT I OWN, BUT I AM SELLING THEM TO PAY MY BILL'S, YOU MAY HAVE SEEN SOME ON FACEBOOK, THIS IS NOT WHAT I JUST WANT TO SELL, IT'S BECAUSE I HAVE TO.

LYNN, THE RULES THAT I WAS DISCUSSING WAS IN REGUARDS TO THE RULES AT BOTH TRACKS AND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO, WHAT IT WOULD TAKE TO BRING THEM TOGETHER, I MAY HAVE MADE A MISTAKE ABOUT WHAT I PUT WHERE, BUT I THOUGHT I HAD MY INFORMATION CORRECT, HMP CAN RUN TUBULAR UPPER'S BUT THR COULD NOT, I MAY BE WRONG. WE USED THE THR CAR AT HMP SEVERAL RACES AND SETUPS TO FIND OUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO CLASSES, I WAS TOLD BY SOME OF THE GUY'S AT THR IF THE RULES WOULD COME TOGETHER, THEY WOULD LIKE TO RUN HMP DURING THE SEASON ALSO, MR. HUFF AND I DECIDED TO GIVE IT A TRY, IT WAS JUST A TEST ON OUR PART TO FIND OUT WHAT IT TOOK TO BRING THE TWO CLASSES AS ONE, NO=ONE ELSE WAS INVOLVED, JACK DID ASK WHAT WE FOUND AND IT MIGHT BE WORTH MENTIONING AT THEIR RULES MEETING, IF IT DOES SOMETHING, GOOD FOR ALL, IF NOT, WE TRIED. YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE RULES NOT SAYING YOU HAVE TO, BUT A OPTION. IT WOULD ONLY COST LESS THAN $500.00 TO BRING THIS TOGETHER.

TO GET SPONSORS, YOU HAVE TO HAVE SOMETHING TO GIVE, THE WAY I GET SPONSORS IS TO USE INFORMATION FROM THE TRACK OR TRACK'S I'M GOING TO BE INVOLVED WITH, GO TO BUSINESSES WITHIN THAT SERVICE AREA, TAKE PICTURES OF MY CAR AND FLYER'S FROM THE TRACK TO SHOW MY INTENT, FIND OUT WHAT THEY WANT OUT OF ME AND DELIVER ON MY PROMISE ALONG WITH COMMUNICATION TO MY SPONSOR, SEE IF AND WHEN I CAN BRING MY CAR AND OR OTHER'S TO MY SPONSORS BUSINESS TO MAKE SURE I FULLFILL MY PART, YOU MAY NOT GET MUCH AT FIRST, BUT THE MORE YOU ARE PERSISTANT, THE MORE THEY REALIZE, YOU ARE PUSHING THEIR PRODUCT, THAT'S HOW YOU KEEP SPONSORS, EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS.

I'M NOT THE BIGGEST, BEST, OR THE MOST DESIRABLE COOKIE IN THE COOKIE JAR, BUT AT LEAST, I MADE IT TO THE COOKIE JAR AND WITH GOD ON MY SIDE AND LOVE IN MY HEART FOR OTHERS, THAT'S ALL I NEED, I HOPE THAT WE ARE ALL ABLE TO ENJOY A 2012 RACING SEASON, IF I CAN BE OF ANY HELP IN ANY WAY, I'M JUST A PHONE CALL AWAY, THANKS. ;)

Donnie,

I didn't say i was against the rule change on head & Neck.. I said car count hasn't recovered since that rule was made manditory.

For someone to show up... if they Don't have Good Years or Head & Neck.. its not Cheep to get started at all...

ARRON I DIDNT SAY YOU WERE AGAISNT IT I WAS AGREEING THAT IT WAS A GOOD RULE CHANGE AND A SMART ONE NO MATTER WHAT THE COST. :ph34r:

The question is do you want more car count? if you change some rules you can intice more cars to come into your track, there are not many tracks in the local area that have low cars counts in the division so why would a racer want to do a lot of changes just to go run another track? I understand it can't be one sided on the rules but what are other tracks doing to pull in 15 to 20 cars on a regular night that tracks are not doing that only have 6 to 8 cars a night. I know that our track allows you to either run a std or auto in our class and I have seen both types win on any given night. just food for thought. ;)

The question is do you want more car count? if you change some rules you can intice more cars to come into your track, there are not many tracks in the local area that have low cars counts in the division so why would a racer want to do a lot of changes just to go run another track? I understand it can't be one sided on the rules but what are other tracks doing to pull in 15 to 20 cars on a regular night that tracks are not doing that only have 6 to 8 cars a night. I know that our track allows you to either run a std or auto in our class and I have seen both types win on any given night. just food for thought. ;)

Gotta love the convenience of running DIRT!

Thankyou Del for the research and development all this back and forth really is probaply a waste of time. What does the Track owners think? I am tired of all this speculation and would appreciate any insight on to what the track owners think cause its up to them.

Archived