2012 THR Thunderstock rules

blue11

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why change to standard trans, All current Thunder Stocks already have automatic trans in there cars.

Why do you guys want to change rules every year, If you ask me the rules are just fine the way they are right now. If any changes should be made it should be in the direction of clearing up some rules and making them more understandable to where the racers and car builders do not have to talk to the head Teck Official to understand the rule in question.

One thing I would like to see changed is the seat pressure rule on vlave springs, (It's a STUPID rule and the testing method porvided in the Thunder Stock rules is even more STUPID) but it is what it is and I kinda agree it should be left alone.

Why change to standard trans, All current Thunder Stocks already have automatic trans in there cars.

Allow standards and it opens class up to more cars.

Why do you guys want to change rules every year, If you ask me the rules are just fine the way they are right now. If any changes should be made it should be in the direction of clearing up some rules and making them more understandable to where the racers and car builders do not have to talk to the head Teck Official to understand the rule in question.

To get the rules between the tracks closer together. Allow headers , standards and drop the weight to 3200 lbs and your not far off HMP prostocks and you might increase car counts at both tracks.

same as hmp prostock, otherwise my car won't meet the rules and i can't run there, looking for car count, get on the same page with other tracks, including dirt !!! :ph34r:

I heard that Jack is going to allow LS engines with roller cams 6 speed standred transmissions and quick change rearends

he is in the modified class, maybe not !!!

You allow standard trans and headers, you got your self a super stock pretty much. Allowing both wont improve on the cars performance at all. Saves transmission trouble for sure. Headers are headers. Nothing special about them. Someone said headers are cheaper than manifolds. Think your mistaken. Manifolds-$50 at the most. Headers-$120 and up. I would also not run a electric fan. A basic 4 blade works just fine. Electric fan motors fail and are more money. 4 blade wont fail.

You allow standard trans and headers, you got your self a super stock pretty much. Allowing both wont improve on the cars performance at all. Saves transmission trouble for sure. Headers are headers. Nothing special about them. Someone said headers are cheaper than manifolds. Think your mistaken. Manifolds-$50 at the most. Headers-$120 and up. I would also not run a electric fan. A basic 4 blade works just fine. Electric fan motors fail and are more money. 4 blade wont fail.

i went through 2 sets of exaust manifolds in 1 year, where as i have run headers for several years and they are still good, standard trannies are better than automatic's as far as durability and you don't have the leaky mess with fluid's, the rules at HMP, you can run a electric fan on the radiator as long as you still run the belt/pulley system, I've been ruuning that system since running dirt, it help's during cautions real good. I think THR would have a great car count if they adopted the same rules as HMP or some of the local dirt tracks, everyone is looking for car count, give them a reason to come to your track, DON'T LOOSE CAR COUNT BECAUSE OF YOUR RULES, this has been a problem in Texas for year's !!!

Leave the rules alone

why would you say leave the rules alone Bobby ? you and Aaron kept telling me that ya'll wanted to know the difference between the prostock's and the thunderstock's so ya'll could come to Hmp and run also, that's why I tested the thunderstock at hmp, so ya'll would know the difference between the two track's, both of ya'll said if they would get the rules closer, it would be good for both track's on car count. that won't happen if they leave the rules like they are, we need 20 or more cars at each track and the only way to make that happen is for the rules to come together, would be nice for everyone !!! :unsure:

Well Del It would be very nice if for the classes to be brought together but I dont think THR should be doing all the give in this case I wouldnt mind headers and maybe stud girdles or guide plates but truth is if they change to much I wouldnt be able to Afford all those changes and would be forced out I guess what I am saying is there need to be just as much give on the HMP side as there is on the THR's side Del tell me what you would like to see happen

Well Del It would be very nice if for the classes to be brought together but I dont think THR should be doing all the give in this case I wouldnt mind headers and maybe stud girdles or guide plates but truth is if they change to much I wouldnt be able to Afford all those changes and would be forced out I guess what I am saying is there need to be just as much give on the HMP side as there is on the THR's side Del tell me what you would like to see happen

THR has a bigger cam rule and the cars have to weigh 3400 lb's, rearend open, and the ram horn manifolds are to costly and hard to find used.

To bring these 2 classes together, drop the car weight to 3200 lb's, allow tubular front upper A arms, allow spec. crete motor ( option 1 ), standard transmission, lock the rearend, and adjustable rear sping buckets, headers, electric fan with regular fan/pulley system.

there is nothing in this change that would cost to much to do, tubular A arms, same cost as replacement original, headers cheaper than replacement ram horns and don't break for years, locked rearend, welding rods, adjustable rear spring plates, less than $100., electric fan $20. at junk yard anywhere, crete motor cheaper than your shop built and last longer, THR cam rule ( leave it alone ), 3400lb's, loose weight, go to Subway $5 footlong and a cutting torch can do a lot to a car !!!

Archived