How many drivers are less than a hour away?

79Wusterhausen

I am pretty sure IMCA is only an option for modifieds (and limiteds)

Hray....so.....you have 2 limited latemodels....realisticly (if that is a word) how many more could we get 3? I doubt there are 20 cars built to these rules within 200 miles.....personally all I can see happening if this class is ran here is.....this track getting 5 cars.....I37 getting 7 cars....and the class being dropped at both tracks..... I LOVE this class, but....its been dropped at every track I know...and I37 has a good class, splitting them up seems counter productive... IMO

I AGREE. WE HAVE ALL WORKED HARD TO BUILD THIS CLASS UP AT I 37. WOULD LOVE TO RUN A MONTHY SHOW ON FRIDAY NIGHTS AT COTTON BOWL SPEEDWAY. I WAS NOT REAL HAPPY WHEN STS STARTED UP WITH LATE MODELS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE YEAR AFTER WE HAD CARS COMING UP FROM THAT AREA.ABOUT 5 CARS OUIT COMING UP HERE TO RACE. DONT GET ME WRONG, I HOPE THIS TRACK TAKES OFF LIKE A ROCKET. WILL BE THERE ON FRIDAY NIGHTS TO WATCH. THATS MY IMPUT. DO NOT WANT TO OFFEND ANY BODY . JUST SAY WHAT I THINK. :unsure:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's time for my 2 cents. There are alot of llm/super stocks just sitting around. The problem is we need a place to race that will some what take care of the drivers that put fans in the stands. We are all babies and we all want it are way, me included, but from what I have seen that is the reason these cars are parked. Goliad is a great track and I feel so bad for Jim, but when he was injured and had to hire people the help out it went down hill fast. Jim is back but it will take a long time to get these guys back. For Edna, I don't know why they didn't have a good car count, but for me I wasn't going to haul that far to race against 2 to 3 cars. So all being said we don't all get our way but it would be nice if this track fixes some of these problems and I think this class will come back ALIVE. Can't wait.

On another note, this class would take off if it was turned into a touring series. I would love to take this on , but I don't believe it's fare to run a series and race too. I sure would like to see this happen though, I really think if all the tracks got onboard, it would benefit all. Race every 2 to 3 weeks at a different track.

There are about 10 cars out of the Bryan/College Station area that are interested in running when/if you open in 2012. We would like to have some driver input but unfortunately most of us will be running the Texas Grand Nov. 12 at Battleground Speedway. We would like to see a non IMCA sanction.

We are all within an hour and half from this track.

Just curios about why you and a few others would like to see non IMCA santion? Are you wanting to run IMCA but not sanctioned or no IMCA at all?

Just curios about why you and a few others would like to see non IMCA santion? Are you wanting to run IMCA but not sanctioned or no IMCA at all?

The majority of our cars are full body cars and don't fit IMCA rules. Pure Stocks, Hobby Stocks and Street Stocks. A few limiteds that are built by Houston area rules. IMCA sanctioning wouldn't bother us as long as there were non-IMCA classes like Heart of Texas runs.

Sorry I am not familuar this this area soo is there any way I can get a address on this place, or a close by address. I want to google it to see exactly how far it is from my house please. Looking forward to being there opening night.

CHARLIE IT WOULD BE RIGHT AT AN 1 HOUR AND 25 MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE. SO ABOUT THE SAME FOR YOU. :ph34r:

AJ, it's not a matter of splitting them up. It's up to each track to run the classes they want. If 1 track runs a better program than the other or pays better or has nicer promoters or is closer to most the teams or for whatever reason, gets the majority of the cars, so be it. It's called competition. I know 4 LLMs in New Braunfels alone that will give Cotton Bowl a try. Besides, who's to say they are even going to run on the same nites.

5L, how many of these cars do you think I37 has caused to be parked? Just curious what your perspective is? Why did those cars go back to STS as soon as the class was included there?

I think it's not a good idea to protect 1 track over another. Let the best man win.

AJ, it's not a matter of splitting them up. It's up to each track to run the classes they want. If 1 track runs a better program than the other or pays better or has nicer promoters or is closer to most the teams or for whatever reason, gets the majority of the cars, so be it. It's called competition. I know 4 LLMs in New Braunfels alone that will give Cotton Bowl a try. Besides, who's to say they are even going to run on the same nites.

5L, how many of these cars do you think I37 has caused to be parked? Just curious what your perspective is? Why did those cars go back to STS as soon as the class was included there?

I think it's not a good idea to protect 1 track over another. Let the best man win.

STS WAITED UNTIL CARS WERE BUILT AND RUNNING BEFORE THEY OFFERED THE CLASS. DID NOT START THE CLASS. THOSE CARS RUNNING LIVE CLOSER TO STS, WHICH IS VERY GOOD FOR THEM, SAVES TOWING MONEY. NOT TRYING TO BE SMART ABOUT IT, BUT I37 DID STICK WITH THE CLASS WHEN IT WAS DOWN IN CAR COUNT.I HAVE TO GIVE THEM CREDIT. THEY EVEN INCREASED THE PURSE TO PROMOTE THE CLASS. I LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS, IF MORE TRACKS RUN THE SAME RULES AND RUN FRI., SAT, SUN, IT TELLS THE DRIVERS THERE IS RACING STIBILITY IN THIS AREA AND I AM SURE MORE CARS WOULD BE BUILT.LOOK IN THE KILLEEN, WACO, DALLAS AREA AT ALL THE TRACKS AND THE NUMBER OF CAR AT EACH TRACK.HECK I WOULD LIKE TO RUN 2 NIGHTS A WEEK. :rolleyes:

The cars that left I-37 for STS are the ones that live with in 30 min. of the track can't blame them for that I would have stayed there to if it was me.

Depends on what night the track runs FRI. or SAT. and also which track will take care of its drivers, as to how many cars the track gets regardless of what class of car it is.

WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER TAKING CARE OF DRIVERS?

I always wonder the same thing....some people seem to think the track has to cater to them....I really dont get that....All the track should do is pay what thay say there going too....and treat everyone equally....at least that is my opinion....

I agree AJ, we all bitch an moan, but I don't think the track owners should bow down to me when I show up , but on the other hand I feel alot of the owners past an present think its there way or the hi-way and the cars will keep coming no matter how they treat the drivers.

heck, i remember years ago we raced because we loved it. luckey to get paid $50.00 FOR WINNING A FEATURE.TODAY A LOT OF GUYS WANT $500.00 TO WIN. IF I HAD IT TO DO ALL OVER AGAIN I WOULD SPLIT THE PURSE EVENLY FROM FIRST TO LAST AND SAY" 1ST THRU 3RD IS BRAGGING RIGHTS. ALOT OF DRIVERS GO FOR THAT BIG 1ST PLACE MONEY THINKING THEY ARE GOING TO WIN, THEN WHEN CAR BREAKS AND THEY GET LAST AND ONLY PICK UP $40.00 DOLLARS THEY RAISE HELL. TUFF FINISHING IN BACK ANIT IT. BEING FAIR IS NOT ALWAYS POPULAR.

STS WAITED UNTIL CARS WERE BUILT AND RUNNING BEFORE THEY OFFERED THE CLASS. DID NOT START THE CLASS. THOSE CARS RUNNING LIVE CLOSER TO STS, WHICH IS VERY GOOD FOR THEM, SAVES TOWING MONEY. NOT TRYING TO BE SMART ABOUT IT, BUT I37 DID STICK WITH THE CLASS WHEN IT WAS DOWN IN CAR COUNT.I HAVE TO GIVE THEM CREDIT. THEY EVEN INCREASED THE PURSE TO PROMOTE THE CLASS. I LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS, IF MORE TRACKS RUN THE SAME RULES AND RUN FRI., SAT, SUN, IT TELLS THE DRIVERS THERE IS RACING STIBILITY IN THIS AREA AND I AM SURE MORE CARS WOULD BE BUILT.LOOK IN THE KILLEEN, WACO, DALLAS AREA AT ALL THE TRACKS AND THE NUMBER OF CAR AT EACH TRACK.HECK I WOULD LIKE TO RUN 2 NIGHTS A WEEK. :rolleyes:

STS was asked by multiple LLM drivers to allow the class to run because they could not afford to travel. STS had this same LLM class under a different name long before the current I-37 existed so I would not say they waited on the cars to be built. STS did shelf the class because it was not able to sustain a quality entertainment car count. Just clarifying, not sure how STS got involved with the Cotton Bowl post but I am glad to see the Cotton Bowl opening, good quality dirt tracks are what we need in Texas. Wish you all the best of luck and if there is anything I can do for you please let me know.

Owen Pittman

We are very excited this new race track is only 12m from where we live, as the crow flies. Drove out there last night to check out the progress. Have several cars we could run there, hobby & street stocks, sport-mod, and late model. Just encourage you to run alternate weekends from THR or Friday nights. There are a good number of drivers who would try running both tracks.

Tommy & Teresa Gural

If its imca you cant run...why? Pretty much every mod built is imca legal....sure it might take a few changes... Like I said before I am pretty sure IMCA is not an option for stock cars....their rules would rule out 90% of all the cars built....

I hate to say it...But IMCA rules (even if there not sanctioned) for modifieds make sense.....it helps control the cost of these classes... I would like to hear the main reasons that everyone has against running them.....to me the biggest deal is the license....but...that is a one time deal....so...what are the reasons for you?

IF THERE IS A CLASS WE CAN RUN WE WILL BE THERE 45 MINS WE HAVE MA LLM AND WE HAVE BEEN DRIVING OVER 2 HR, S EVERY RACE WEEK FOR THREE YEARS TO RACE YOU COULD COUNT ON US BEING THERE . WOULD LOVE TO SEE OUR CLASS THERE, JUST FOR THE RECORD LLM,S LETS GET A COUNT , ON HERE AND BE AT THE MEETING AND SEE IF ITS POSSABLE, A SET OF RULES SO IF THE LLM,S ARE NOT ON THE SCHEDULE WE WILL HAVE TIME TO BUILD A CAR TO MATCH RULES. 28 LLM WADDELL

I am pretty sure IMCA is only an option for modifieds (and limiteds)

Hray....so.....you have 2 limited latemodels....realisticly (if that is a word) how many more could we get 3? I doubt there are 20 cars built to these rules within 200 miles.....personally all I can see happening if this class is ran here is.....this track getting 5 cars.....I37 getting 7 cars....and the class being dropped at both tracks..... I LOVE this class, but....its been dropped at every track I know...and I37 has a good class, splitting them up seems counter productive... IMO

I agree.... im a dedication to a class/track type person... and for a new guy like me....looks like im about to be out a class...cant drop to ss and cant afford a modified...Imagine that....but we will see.... the nitro banan will be ready for something that I know... got TALIWACKIN to do....just dont know where if this happens...JMO

If its imca you cant run...why? Pretty much every mod built is imca legal....sure it might take a few changes... Like I said before I am pretty sure IMCA is not an option for stock cars....their rules would rule out 90% of all the cars built....

I hate to say it...But IMCA rules (even if there not sanctioned) for modifieds make sense.....it helps control the cost of these classes... I would like to hear the main reasons that everyone has against running them.....to me the biggest deal is the license....but...that is a one time deal....so...what are the reasons for you?

AJ, my mod wont have an IMCA motor, I will not strip it down and build a new one just because the track is 30 minutes closer. Also, another expensive part, the quickchange isnt allowed. Everything else is no problem. But those two things alone seperate the classes. I dont care about how big the purse is, but I cant just blow money. If the track is IMCA, I still wish the best for it, I just will not be able to attend with this car. ;)

Archived