How many drivers are less than a hour away?

79Wusterhausen

AJ, my mod wont have an IMCA motor, I will not strip it down and build a new one just because the track is 30 minutes closer. Also, another expensive part, the quickchange isnt allowed. Everything else is no problem. But those two things alone seperate the classes. I dont care about how big the purse is, but I cant just blow money. If the track is IMCA, I still wish the best for it, I just will not be able to attend with this car. ;)

Question: Why did you buy an non-IMCA legal car?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question: Why did you buy an non-IMCA legal car?

The car itself is IMCA legal,at this moment. However my motor is not a spec motor, nor will i build a whole new one to be IMCA legal. Also, once I put a quickchange in it, I cant run IMCA. Im not complaining if this track goes IMCA. I plan on running as many different places as i can. And the outlaw cars have just as many cars per event as IMCA. Humbolt Kansas was well over 60 last weekend.

This is all just my opinion but after seeing what has, and has not worked over the years in Texas, limiting the cars that can run will give you a "limited" field. JMO

The car itself is IMCA legal,at this moment. However my motor is not a spec motor, nor will i build a whole new one to be IMCA legal. Also, once I put a quickchange in it, I cant run IMCA. Im not complaining if this track goes IMCA. I plan on running as many different places as i can. And the outlaw cars have just as many cars per event as IMCA. Humbolt Kansas was well over 60 last weekend.

This is all just my opinion but after seeing what has, and has not worked over the years in Texas, limiting the cars that can run will give you a "limited" field. JMO

A traveling man you will be...LOL...That makes perfect sense to me now when you put it like that.

We have a pure stock, street stock and limited late model. We plan to race at Cotton Bowl at times, I37 and other tracks as well! Wish the track all the luck in the world, sounds like its going to be a great track. My personal opinion is bring in a couple race vets that have been in racing for a well. Make up a panel you can discuss ideas and questions with but having an open public forum and even a meeting to discuss rules and classes, 99% it wouldnt benefit anyone nor the track! Been there done that. Not saying you wont have good ideas brought up but you will go brain dead with all of the info. being thrown at you. You will have good ideas and good questions get lost in all the other bs being thrown at you. Unless you have individual class meetings you will regret having it. If you concentrate on the facility, The purse, The program and a huge grand stand possibly covered like the rodeo arena's, the cars and drivers will come no matter what the classes are or rules IMCA or NON.

RIGHT ON I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER, MAYBE NOT THAT GOOD. LETTING RACERS MAKE THE RULES BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THEY HAVE IN THEIR GARAGE IS NOT THE ANSWER. SOUNDS LIKE ITS GOING TO BE A GREAT TRACK AND I HOPE TO BE ABLE TO VISIT NEXT YEAR WITH 1 37 STREET STOCK.

BOBBY JACK SANDIA TEXAS 361 510 1693.

Stopped by the track last thur on my way back from Houston. They had it bladed off all the way aroung and stakes in place marking the track. IT'S BIG! Reminds me of SOS but not as high banked (4ft over 75ft). The guy running the maintainer said it was 3/8 mile around the outside, but it looks more like 3/8 around the inside. May just be an optical illusion. BTW, it's 75ft wide (can anyone say "3 wide"). I'll be anxious to see the progress on the 12th.

FYI Cory, there is no "spec" motor in the IMCA Modifieds.

I will admit Im not up to date with IMCA since Ive been on asphalt for 20 years. My terminology may be wrong. I was under the impression that there was some kind of motor rule. I have a motor out of a super latemodel with a few changes. I have not seen a class anywhere except outlaw stuff that will let me run it. If I can run this thing in IMCA then great. But I have my doubts. Any info would be welcomed.

Stopped by the track last thur on my way back from Houston. They had it bladed off all the way aroung and stakes in place marking the track. IT'S BIG! Reminds me of SOS but not as high banked (4ft over 75ft). The guy running the maintainer said it was 3/8 mile around the outside, but it looks more like 3/8 around the inside. May just be an optical illusion. BTW, it's 75ft wide (can anyone say "3 wide"). I'll be anxious to see the progress on the 12th.

just a little FYI, this track specs out at 3/8 of mile, well not exactly, its actually 2 feet longer. I was thinking more of 4 WIDE, after watching 3 wide at Heart Of Texas. Its going to have a 4 ft over 75 ft (3 degree] banking in the straightaways, We will be at 10 degree bankings in the turns.

just a little FYI, this track specs out at 3/8 of mile, well not exactly, its actually 2 feet longer. I was thinking more of 4 WIDE, after watching 3 wide at Heart Of Texas. Its going to have a 4 ft over 75 ft (3 degree] banking in the straightaways, We will be at 10 degree bankings in the turns.

NICE!!

Done yet?

3/8 where is what I'm asking. It looks 3/8 around the inside not the outside like the maintainer driver said. :huh:

The specs on the track are this; total length is 800' to outside of the turns, 350' outside to outside of the front and back stretch, 75' lanes all the way around. Front & back stretch are 500 feet long before the corners start. The slope is corect as r4jalltheway said 4' in the front & back stretch and a whopping 13-1/2' in the turns. The track length is 20 longer than a 3/8 mile measurement taken around the outside. Just to give you an idea of how big this track really is, any of you that have raced in Killeen, that track would fit on the inside of this one. The most comparable track to this one would be Battleground. Battle ground is a little shorter in length but also a little wider. As far as the 3/8 mile goes, most of the tracks I scaled out in texas scaled out smaller than they said they were & they all go by the outside measurement not the inside.

need to run the mods under the usmts rules . two many tracks have droped the mod do to lack of car count it is 245 from katy to the track not bad.

So why the USMTS rules? IMCA tracks are doing okay. Don't know how the Houston area tracks are doing but the "outlaw" tracks down south are hurting for Mods. Goliad didn't run them this year.

Most IMCA drivers chase points. If they are and there is no sanction, they won't race at said track very often.

3/8 where is what I'm asking. It looks 3/8 around the inside not the outside like the maintainer driver said. :huh:

The specs on the track are this; total length is 800' to outside of the turns, 350' outside to outside of the front and back stretch, 75' lanes all the way around. Front & back stretch are 500 feet long before the corners start. The slope is corect as r4jalltheway said 4' in the front & back stretch and a whopping 13-1/2' in the turns. The track length is 20 longer than a 3/8 mile measurement taken around the outside. Just to give you an idea of how big this track really is, any of you that have raced in Killeen, that track would fit on the inside of this one. The most comparable track to this one would be Battleground. Battle ground is a little shorter in length but also a little wider. As far as the 3/8 mile goes, most of the tracks I scaled out in texas scaled out smaller than they said they were & they all go by the outside measurement not the inside.

WHOPPING 13-1/2 degree banking in the turns. Really, I thought this was a high banked track. Can we say Bristol baby.lol. Little bit more please.

Archived