The Super Stock/ Crash race, what to do about it?

Stormin58

After being at the race and now watching the videos of it, it is more than clear something needs to change. What is everyones opinion to cure this rough driving- can't pass them so turn them mentality? This was one of the worst races ever at this track and multiple drivers are to blame. There has got to be a consequence for driving over the car in front of you. Any ideas?

simple- QUIT TALKING ABOUT THE BLACK FLAG AND USE IT!!!! we can't police ourselves, and if we could it would look about the same as this race looked.

The super stock class is hardly ever like this one race was. If it was I would have moved on long ago. It was mentioned on another thread about the Spectacular being a points race...it probably shouldn't have been. Also the black flag should be used to curb rough driving. I wasn't racing and I didn't have my scanner. I know usually drivers will be warned over the scanner. Once again (my opinion) this was a bad race but it wasn't the way our class usually runs. I feel when next season begins we will be back to the good class we were before this race. I DO know that THR will be addressing this issue.

Simple... empower the flagman with the use of the black flag. Warn with Point & Told over radio... 2nd time Black Flag see pit steward lose how ever many laps as it takes to get the point...

Change the rule.. involved in 2 cautions or 1 solo... combined with Simple... its called Rough driving... aka Recklessness looks like a good way to help the points fund!

"Any Driver involved in an altercation on the track, such as throwing a helmet or steering wheel, making

obscene gestures, recklessness or fighting may be subject to disqualification for the night and forfeit all

purse money and can be fined of up to $500.00."

I lost a championship because i raced a guy how he's raced us all year long... Fans saw me win, till the final results came out.. Wished that would happen to everyone!

our class been takin a dump all year. When u let the drivers take control>>> its in trouble. track should police, not anyone else

That is the problem, some tracks dont and wont police so that leaves it to the drivers to take care of business on the track. Not the way to do it. This is one of many reasons why car counts are down believe it or not. Its little and simple things like this that can be fixed within a matter of one man grabbing a black flag and putting it to use without breaking a sweat. JMO.

do they even HAVE a black flag? all drivers need to know and respect the flagman, and they need to know when and how to use one! this race was ridiculous and uncalled for! a lot of cars torn up for no reason! when did it become, "why drive around when i can go thru?"

as for the drivers: why tear up a bunch of stuff when u can simply do it the "right way"?

drivers need to have more respect, and the track needs a WHOLE lot more policing!!

this was probably the worst race i've seen out there..

sad to say, but true..

JMO!

not to sound like a Homer... but the all involved rule works. The dude that runs this site booted my ass off the track a few times for yellows. But the rule must be worked effectivally. Wreckin seems to be now called "racin"... thats a load of horseshit....

We've raced a long time with respect and now this is all another reason we are losin our sport..

not to sound likee a Homer... but the all involved rule works. The dude that runs this site booted my ass off the track a few times for yellows. But the rule must be worked effectivally. Wreckin seems to be now called "racin"... thats a load of horseshit....

We've raced a long time with respect and now this is all another reason we are losin our sport..

Rod, look what happend to the legacy's, that class has sadly gone under now do to disrespect and lack of a punishment. You can preach to drivers all you wont outside the track, you have to show you mean business with one wave of a flag on the track. So all the drivers that have up and left cant trust to have a clean race anymore or see a black flag being put to use. THR is a fun track to race at. Lets not loose the fun as that is what we are here for. Right?

Rodney,

The thing of it is, I don't even remember who I booted. All I know is I caught a whole bunch of crap from a core group of drivers who didn't like going to the back when they brake-checked or pretended they go booted after a tiny rub. They wanted it their way and talked the track owner into firing my ass. Some of those guys are still racing at THR and you know who you are and so do I.

Yes, I was known as "Nick the Prick" and for good reason. I didn't give one hoot who you were, if you wanted to drive dirty you drove somewhere else as long as I was calling things at SAS and later at THR. I used the black flag and I issued written warnings with consequences for repeated infractions. Was I popular? For sure I was not. But everyone hated me about the same so I figured I was being fair.

Did I make mistakes? Of course I did. One night, as some of you might recall, I stood on the front straight at SAS with a mic and apologized to a team for blowing a call in a big way. Very embarrassing to say the least...

I am not going to knock the track or the way they run the races because in the end, it's their track and how they manage things has been working for them for a number of years. To me, however, it boils down to a lack of respect for each other and for the track.

And, no. I'm not volunteering. I've been tarred and feathered enough at SAS for three years, at THR for a year and on here for way too long... I don't have many friends left and I'll surely lose the rest if I got back into it.

Nick

In my observation of the supers race(if we can call it that?) driver x was out to make sure driver y won the championship and was willing to do whatever he had to make that happen. Including take out half the cars on the track. I feel sorry for the guys from corpus that came up to race and have fun that were victims of that style of driving.

Being in the drivers/spotters meeting for the mods trucks supers late models and hearing that that type of behavior wouldn't be tollerated and then it was, is what makes me upset about it. The officials need to back up their rules. And FYI I don't have any affiliation with any super stock team. My opinion of this particular event is strictly from a racing fan point of view with a little bit of behind the scene knowledge.

In my observation of the supers race(if we can call it that?) driver x was out to make sure driver y won the championship and was willing to do whatever he had to make that happen. Including take out half the cars on the track. I feel sorry for the guys from corpus that came up to race and have fun that were victims of that style of driving.

Thats %100 what we saw. Thats sad. Real sad. But what do you do? Laugh a say, "Glad im not the X driver cause i would have to come up with some good answers". LOL.

cc uses the flag ...supper stock drivers at cc .all get along ..that always helps keeping the bs off the track ....plus they help each other ...dont think they dont rough each other up some .but do it with respect and dont wipe out cars ..tps has the same typ of drivers ..they all get along purty good .. ..plus the all the involved rule helps that ...yet they don't really need it ..

cc uses the flag ...supper stock drivers at cc .all get along ..that always helps keeping the bs off the track ....plus they help each other ...dont think they dont rough each other up some .but do it with respect and dont wipe out cars ..tps has the same typ of drivers ..they all get along purty good .. ..plus the all the involved rule helps that ...yet they don't really need it ..

front runners are coming around ..they are getting along good ...

just do like the sprint series of texas spin and stop and cause a caution your done. I've been to four of there races now and they start 24 cars in the a main and of the 4 races there was only one caution in each race and hardly anything tore up.

The person in the Flag Stand should be the one that keeps the racers in check. That person should have FULL control over the whole race . Keep the tower, other officals, track owner, Promoter,etc off the radio and let that person run the show. Each one of the "Flags" in that tower has a meaning and those flags are within an arm reach of the Flagman. Let that person do their job and if anyone has a problem with rough driving or anything else they they can take it up with that person after the race. Just like "Tech". At most tracks the Flagman doesnt throw a flag unless the tower tells them to. Am I right or wrong?

Archived