Danica Who?

chiefs13

12 yrs old helping dad on race car

16 yrs old taking over the reigns of dads race car

18 yrs old moving into late models with instant success due to natural talent and hard work

20 yrs old know absolutely everything about a race car from the ground up

25 yrs old a huge trophy case and multiple dedicated sponsors under your belt

30 yrs old and your name is household around the national racing community including all involved in the big leagues

All of that seems to make very little difference anymore.Is it no wonder the young people getting into the sport at the local tracks has come to a crawl?

Did Janet Guthrie have a spare room full of trophies before stepping through the window of a cup car or was it the same situation back then?

BUT! If she looked like 75 miles of bad Alaskan highway, would she have a ride? Even the writer commented on that......Sure she is hot....but it seems getting a ride isn't about talent anymore.

marketing .....all about money .. talented drivers stay broke in the lower levels..unless they have large sponsor to carry with em ..its ruined racing and all other sports ..

I'm going out on a limb here. Randy and his mom run a one car team. A very humble team. Randy himself raced at one point or another, but in recent past has focused on being a team owner and left the driving up to others. Randy is Canadian, so I'm assuming that this girl was probably a shoe in being a fellow Canadian. Now, have her looks helped her along the way; oh but of course they have. Again, a top 10 at Chicagoland shows me she has potential.

Let's See!

Oh, I don't think its a question of talent OR dollars. Today's racing at that level and above requires BOTH. In order to be competitive it takes the top talent and equipment money can buy on both sides of the pit wall, all the way back to the shop and beyond. That all costs mega bucks. That is how competitive the sport has become. It has evolved to this point, like it or not. Long gone are the days a team could operate successfully out of a two stall roadside garage.

This deal with Maryeve DuFault appears to be a one race type deal. Will she be competitive? Not likely, but hey, every now and then strange things happen. Stay tuned! :)

Oh, I don't think its a question of talent OR dollars. Today's racing at that level and above requires BOTH. In order to be competitive it takes the top talent and equipment money can buy on both sides of the pit wall, all the way back to the shop and beyond. That all costs mega bucks. That is how competitive the sport has become. It has evolved to this point, like it or not. Long gone are the days a team could operate successfully out of a two stall roadside garage.

This deal with Maryeve DuFault appears to be a one race type deal. Will she be competitive? Not likely, but hey, every now and then strange things happen. Stay tuned! :)

Steve wallace ring a bell ..no talent ....so your theory OF REQUIRES BOTH don't hold water BUD .....LOL..GOTCHA ...

Reread the first 5 words of my third sentence above, H/T. :P

[/quote ] I read only the parts am interested in ..got tired after the first 20 words .....next time make your point with 20 words or less ....ok...

I KNOW I JUST LEFT MYSELF WIDE OPEN ...

Archived