Car Counts vs. Purse

abrungot

YOU KNOW YOU GIVE YOUNG DRIVERS ADVICE .. THE BEST WAY YOU CAN IN HOPES THEY TAKE IT TO HEART .....MAY NOT ALWAYS BE THE BEST BUT YOU TRY ....................WELL HERE IS ONE FOR THE RECORDS ALOT OF NEW DRIVERS COULD TAKE AT HEART AND LIVE BY IT ..THEY BECOME BETTER DRIVERS THINKING THIS ......MY SON HAS USED THIS ADVICE .IT WORKS .............

....\\\\......JUST DRIVE IT LIKE YOU WERE ON THE FREEWAY ..\\\....

ILL GIVE CREDIT WHERE IT BELONGS ......... THE PERSON WHO SPOKE THOSE FIND WORDS TO MY SON ......WAS JESSE SANDOVAL ......

FOR THOSE WHO CANT FIGURE THAT ONE OUT ..MY SON UNDERSTOOD THAT PERFECTLY ..YOU DONT HIT CARS ON THE FREEWAY AND BOUNCE YOUR CAR OFF OF GUARD RAILS ...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi-tech, on the street, they don't have a black flag for rough driving, but, you do get punished, in the form of a ticket, jail, and maybe even vehicular homiside. knowing this, you do not just go out on the streets knocking cars around, likewise on the track, if you know the punishment and it be fulfilled by the officials, you won't be rough driving. i don't know if anyone realizes that both asphalt tracks have 2 grooves, but no one stayes in their line, who gets blamed, the car on the inside, you must allow the car's on the inside to have their line too, excuse, i didn't see you, if you can't see someone, then you should not be in the car. what are spotters for? i ran a track with 4 spotters, 2 people counting cars for position, and 1 flagman that called the shots with 120 to 150 cars a week and 20 something cars on the track at a time, one race there was 27 sprint cars and 1 caution, i worked turn 4 and watched who was being rough along with the flagman, none of these classes had radio's, just the officials !!!

Until drivers learn how to give and take or until they have to reach deep into the wallet to repair a car…respect will never be learned—OR—earned!

AMEN!!!

I think the word we are all dancing around is ......... CONSEQUENCES.

It seems today there are no consequences to be paid for over aggressive driving. Have race cars and all the safety equipment made racing too safe?

I'm reminded of those super-mods from the early 60's. Just had a cage, a lap belt and a helmet. They were very fast, very dangerous and very open-wheeled. Even if drivers didn't respect each other, they had to respect the consequences of contact. As a result, I witnessed the best racing week in and week out I've ever seen. Oh, they raced each other plenty hard, but it was all very clean racing. It was a beautiful thing to watch.

I once asked a racer on here about a particular incident on the track at THR. He said he over-drove it into turn 3 and washed up into the guy on the outside of him. I asked him what he would have done if they had been in open-wheel cars? He didn't answer, but we both knew the real answer. If he had been in an open-wheel car he would never have over-driven it into turn 3 in the first place.

payouts are payouts.some get more,some get less.looking at BigA's chart I see it as costing a lil over $80 a car for purse.probably lil or no money being made.with that,bills more than likely being paid by the the front gate.and running a track myself,i can tell you,bills start at the top with property,insurance,utilities,taxes,and go all the way down to the toliet paper,paper towels and hand soap for the bathrooms.and it doesnt even account for the unexpected expenses that arise you're not counting on.

Archived