HA!

gundogC3

We only got a little in NW San Antonio, but it was enough to really ice up the street in front of our house.

post-3-1296836282.jpg

My brother sent me a pic of the snow at the Holt family homestead in Maine. I guess they got more than a dusting!

post-3-1296836308.jpg

Nick

This is what it looked like at 0330 at my house...

post-3-1296838283.jpg

This is what it looked like at 0900ish...

post-3-1296838298.jpg

So this is what we did with it...

post-3-1296838304.jpg

And this is how big it was...

post-3-1296838311.jpg

HAHAHA...I hope y'all enjoyed my little tale of my "snow day"!

What's funny is it took 20" of snow and blizzard conditions to close schools in Chicago, but 1/4-1" of snow and the whole city of San Antonio is closed......LMAOOOO

I was still in NW Indiana when Chicago had the #1 record snowfall in 67, they let us out of school early(after we already had 1'<foot>).

Jamie, pretty ironic that she has "Stormy" Scott hoodie on......lol....and why were you up at 3:30AM?

I was surprised when the weather guessers were right about snow........

Naw... my son Alan, the main weather guy in Casper, Wyoming, predicted this snow event as early as last Monday. Even mentioned during his morning weather gig on KTWO-TV on Tuesday!

Here's the quote from the early Tues broadcast:

San Antonio...chance for snow will be present Thursday night and early Friday morning as a disturbance traverses the area. Temps look to be cold enough to support snow, but moisture will be sparse. Best moisture will be E and SE of town. If San Antonio does see snow, it will likely be light...maybe a dusting at best (if the ground is cold enough to support an accumulation). 50-100 miles East of town could see 1-2" with better moisture.

Nick

That's OK, Mickey! I'm kinda like the Lone Ranger when it comes to defending weather prognosticators.

Frankly, the reason Alan makes such daring predictions is because he's only been out of grad school for less than a year and hasn't been so far off base with one of his "daring" forecasts that he became a laughing stock -- yet. But after he makes a boo-boo or two, he'll get a whole lot more conservative. LOL

Nick

Well, it got warm enough yesterday to burst one of my outside water pipes(and it was wraped like a mo-fo).....luckily my plumber was just around the corner fixing a pipe at the bank..only set me back 100.00. Damn, that was a tire!!!!!! :lol:

THIS IS TEXAS, THIS CRAP NEED'S TO GO AWAY!!!!!!! Seems looking at the extended forcast, next Friday high 50's, low's 20's....Saturday high's 50's and low's 40's.

Archived