HA!

gundogC3

It's a fun little ride, Mike. It has carried me 50 MPH goin' up a fairly long hill. Screamin' like a cat with his huevos caught in a vice. Kinda scarey, actually.....

alittle wind behind your back may help ..btw how fast was it going down hill. ..cheap on gas ......see you this year .if i ever get the chance to work on joshua.s honda.....thats what he will start out with ,the other car may make it later on in the year .....dang remodeling has me tied up ...

Yea, you just get hurricanes!!

.....carla was strong ....beulah flooded everything ..but celia wow i saw some things during that storm ill never forget ......every storm hitting us sense has not come close to those ...but its comeing .....hope not ......compared to yalls cold air and snow average ..ill take ours with hurricanes........

This old fart was here for Celia too. Like you said nothing close to it since. I'll take that hit and miss action over a 40 plus year period instead of snow and cold every friggen year. Argh!

then you should remember the strall stuck through the light pole .....i remember our back wall sucking in and out and watching the glass door bend and wave with out breaking the class .the 69 olds wagon being picked up and moved across the drive and sat back down like they parked it there ..a 2000 pound storage shed next door being lifted from the back yard complete and planted up in a large tree like it was built there in the mans front front yard ..didnt not even put a dent in it .. our 30 foot tall pine tree bending over so far..the top was touching the ground .only to do the same the other direction after the eye came over ...that tree still stands today ....... . ...boy those were the days ..lol/

Some of my memories:

Pharaoh Valley houses were new back then. Almost all of them destroyed and the owners sitting in their yards armed. I lived in the McArdle / Airline area. The glowing refinery fires at night when there was no power. Neighbors cooking at our house because we had gas. The east wall at the Firestone store shop at Gulfway Shopping Center falling onto a couple of palm trees leaning them over. The trees were never straightend and years later the trees leaned at about a 45 degree angle for about 8 feet then grew straight up. My dad and I standing under our carport watching stuff fly by then deciding we better get inside! My buddy and I riding our bicycles around the streets having to go around the countless number of fallen trees.

i lived on cornelia circle .and those fires were just across up river rd from us ..we played baseball at two am....bright ...my dad worked at hess back then ...i now live on bradshaw ..mcardle and staples ....october the third .day of celia was the start of our two week vacation days up at mathis ...heck had 7 ice chest loaded in the boat hitched to the 56 desoto... .when the news said celia was going to hit us that day ..so we were sit for food ..which we shared with everyone who had no food .poeple we knew and didnt ...i saw a pic in the paper last year of poeple lined up for ice at HEB..... in that pic you could see my family and i standing in line ......we didnt get lights on for 5 weeks ...but dad had a wielder and at night he would take the battery charger and charge the car batterys we took out of our spare cars to run the headlights we also took from those cars and lite the house up ....smart man ........i know poeple are probably bored with us ..but hey .that was some bad stuff back then ....

HiTech I was in CC the Monday after Carla hit. I was a salesman calling on Krogers when they were open there. I remember North Beach was almost whipped out. I stayed at the Holiday Inn on the beach

long time ago ...lets see if i remember the year ..1963...........watched my dad and his brothers go out in the worst part of that storm .to chain a larger tree to another one ...it was getting close to crashing over into the house ..lucky for us ..it worked ..... carla didnt hit us directly...but close enough ..celia bingo lol .15 minutes of eye over our house ...we took that time to check everything out before the second and worst part of the storm to hit ..nailed some boards to the house next door ..the man was out of town ....where were you liveing when cilea hit ...cuz ..sa.austin all the way up to canada got damage from that .storm..

Hey H/T, remember the Million Dollar Inn out on N. Padre? Which one took that out?

........ you got me on that one ....but my guess would be celia.....one good thing .. your sea food place made it through celia .seeing it was just a couple of blocks from the water front ......ship ahoy......yummy..miss that place .dont you ..

HiTech I was in CC the Monday after Carla hit. I was a salesman calling on Krogers when they were open there. I remember North Beach was almost whipped out. I stayed at the Holiday Inn on the beach

long time ago ...lets see if i remember the year ..1963...........watched my dad and his brothers go out in the worst part of that storm .to chain a larger tree to another one ...it was getting close to crashing over into the house ..lucky for us ..it worked ..... carla didnt hit us directly...but close enough ..celia bingo lol .15 minutes of eye over our house ...we took that time to check everything out before the second and worst part of the storm to hit ..nailed some boards to the house next door ..the man was out of town ....where were you liveing when cilea hit ...cuz ..sa.austin all the way up to canada got damage from that .storm..

Iwas living in central Austin , didn't move to s Austin till '75. Was in Carla and some when I was little born in Bay City lived in Edna till '57.

Archived