THR's neighbors

Truck99

I am a realtor and all I have to say is that their realtor should have disclosed the possible noise factor with the track being so close. If they did disclose it to the buyer and they ignored it, oh well that is their fault. I would love to live next to the track, but then again I am a die hard race fan!!!

I would love to find out who it is. I would send him a notice asking for me to list his property asap. I would even consider it for myself if it was big enough!!!! People think I am crazy because I love the noise of the race cars!!!!

when i was a kid, we lived about 15 miles from speed o rama, on a good night i could here the cars from my house. 15 miles, it all has to do with the way the wind blows. and if my memory serves me corect we had 70 mile an hour winds blowing right at there back doors. wont be like that every night. get a grip !

The people that are complaining live on two streets just North of the track. They are double and single-wide trailers, and you can see them if you look over or around the sponsor billboards on the back stretch. It seems strange, but when you drive down their street, the distance to the track actually looks a lot closer than when looking from the track. Anyway, if I were them I would either be AT the track or in my backyard listening to the cars, but that's just me! :P

cs

I THINK THE FUNNIEST THING ABOUT ALL OF THIS ,IS WHEN BRIAN ,JIM ,AND MIKE WANTED TO BUILT THE TRACK DIDN'T THE KYLE RESIDENTS VOTE ON THIS ...THEY WERE ALL FOR IT 6 YRS AGO..BECAUSE THEY LIKED THE ECONOMIC VALUE THAT WE THE NOISE MAKERS WOULD BRING....

CAN'T HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT TO-I'D LIKE TO TELL THEM WHAT THEY COULD EAT.......

these are the same folks who have cried fowl since THR opened .. I think they really get in a groove with quiet winter nights and then BAM !!!! late March the cars fire back up again.

We'll hear about it for a spell until the media drops it and everthing will be fine after that.

I've always thought that if these neighbors went on over and put the visuals to the sounds they might really appreciate what they have in their backyards !!

I saw the story of this on news8 austin today-the older couple news8 talked to sound like they are willing to work with the track and Chuck did a great job of addressing their concerns-lets give it some time and see what happens-they were talking about sound barriers to help break the noise-

Hey Nick Chuckie or Mr Calloway... If you have enough room between the property line and the track I would suggest finding a tree moving company to build a wall of tree's between yourself and the track a good thick wall of trees is a great sound barrier and if you work it out right with the moving company or landscaping co. you could probrobly have them do it in exchange for advertising... Just an idea on how to solve this issue...

Marc

An update...

I have contacted our beloved neightbors, after they FINALLY called the track (is there anyone besides me who found it a little disturbing that they called News8Austin FIRST before calling us? hmmmm)..

Anyways..we are proposing a sit-down meeting with them...I'm awaiting their reply...

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

Hey Chuck, I know you remember when I was GM @ THR and how we tried working with them!

Chuck did a great job of addressing their concerns
I agree, great job, Chuck. I hate to be ugly, but there is a reason they call them mobile homes! Racers bring the community lots of money & I can tell you, property tax is not cheap in that area, the race track contributes a lot more to the community than just noise! Property in Kyle is getting pretty valuable, I am sure there are lots of race fans that would love to hear that Thunder! When we are at the apartment @ the Texas Events Center (right in front of THR) we can barely hear the roar. Again, good job Chuck!

Mary ann... you are a class act... Since someone does not have enough money to buy a "house" then they lose their rights to freedom of speech. They might have lived there before the track was put in, and voted against the track being built. Just because we like racing we can not walk on people that do not... How would you like someone building a pig farm right next to your house, I bet you would cry a river... maybe the person who owned that pig farm loves that smell, could he talk you into liking that smell? I believe everyone has a right to thier own opinion, so I am glad we all got to here yours. I for one will not have any dealings with you or your sanction if that is how you treat people with different opinions.... Just for the record, I also belive they do not have a valid complaint, but I am not going to insult them for having it. AJ

Archived