No more Dodge Pick-ups

Blue Moon Motorsports

Went to lunch with Jon Denham yesterday. He has an 03 Dodge that has 280,000 miles on it and has never had a bolt turned on it. His overhead readout say's 23.6 miles per and it has not had anything (mod's) done to it. On another note, I think Cary's get's somewhere in the same range on his 03.....Cain't knock em" except the damn noise on most of em(loud exhuast), but ME, I love the power my Durimax has, and I'll give up allil milage for it (13.3)....IN A HEARTBEAT!!!!!...like the pun...lol

Had a 2000 Ford with a stick, wouldn't go over 96 mph down hill, and had to upshift going uphill's...fun trip's to Dodge City..lol

I have had thougt's about a Dodge the last couple of week's (because of mileage), but a 3 year's 36,000 mile powertrain warrante has kept me from going to actually test drive one.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
in the new hunting/fishing regulations book they give out when you buy your license, there is probably a good 5-10 pages with a dodge advertisement and every pic shows dodge still labeled on the truck. the interior had it labeled and the the ram logo on the tailgate said dodge right above the ram head. and after looking on dodge.com, i think i want one. lol. that ram box is a genius idea. dont have to worry about the rod and reels getting ripped off or all beat up in the back of the truck. and that area is wasted space anyway.

I've put 200,000 mile on my 99 Ram 3500 with the Cummins and 135,000 (so far) on my 04 Ram 3500 with the Cummins with NO problems! I put a Quadzilla power pack on my 04 and recently took a trip and got an AVG of 27.8 miles to the gallon!! ( I HAVE PICTURES OF THE READOUT)! I get high 22's to low 23's in SA traffic around town. Towing a 28 foot trailer and race car to HMP at 75-80 mph, I get 15.8 Avg. Best Trucks I've ever owned. AND I can SMOKE Ford's and Chevy's!!!

First thing people lie about is what they paid for the truck - then the fuel mileage

And why would I lie about it? What does it accomplish? From my experience SELLING pickups, MOST people choose a gas engine over a diesel when buying a 2500 or 3500 to save money initially. Ask any GM Dealer about the old GM 6.2 and 6.5 diesels. They sucked. Like the disclaimer, my results aren't typical, BUT, there seems to be enough of a concensus regarding the Cummins engines and superior fuel mileage that...GEE...maybe it's a fact! PM me and I'll be happy to tell you what I paid for both my trucks....Oh and Becka, I think if you look at The VW and Mercedes diesels, they get superior fule milage to gas. If there was an affordable RELIABLE passenger car diesel engine out there, I bet you a dollar and a dozen donuts, there would be lines to buy them, but people associate diesels with smoke, noise and pollution....

I definately didnt lie about any of our trucks and the mileage ! If your crappy diesel is getting less miles per gallon than the ones listed in this topic then fix it or trade it off. MAYBE ITS YOUR BAD DRIVING SKILLS CONTRIBUTING TO YOUR BAD FUEL MILEAGE ALSO ! People quit buying diesels because of BIG OIL and the way they screwed everyone jacking diesel fuel up to over a dollar more a gallon than gasoline the last 2 years and because a lot of the gasoline trucks are getting over 20 mpg and gasoline trucks ARE about $5000.00 CHEAPER TO BUY THAN A DIESEL. WHY are any of us buying diesel trucks,is the real question ?

Went to lunch with Jon Denham yesterday. He has an 03 Dodge that has 280,000 miles on it and has never had a bolt turned on it. His overhead readout say's 23.6 miles per and it has not had anything (mod's) done to it. On another note, I think Cary's get's somewhere in the same range on his 03.....Cain't knock em" except the damn noise on most of em(loud exhuast), but ME, I love the power my Durimax has, and I'll give up allil milage for it (13.3)....IN A HEARTBEAT!!!!!...like the pun...lol

Had a 2000 Ford with a stick, wouldn't go over 96 mph down hill, and had to upshift going uphill's...fun trip's to Dodge City..lol

I have had thougt's about a Dodge the last couple of week's (because of mileage), but a 3 year's 36,000 mile powertrain warrante has kept me from going to actually test drive one.

warranty who needs it when you own a cummens .. they last and last /and last ..lol... a friend of mine who ownes a ford swears by it . funny in the last two years he has had to spend thousands to keep it running ...one was water getting in to the oil .something aboult a cooler i think .the other time which is right now .an injector let go and took out a piston ..... .. now he has had a change of heart.. he ownes a 93 cummens . only uses it when the ford goes down ..but i be darned if he doesnt just love that old dodge ...lol ...i keep that one running for him .you know over 500 thousand miles and miner things going wrong ..its old ....but never leaves him stranded ..id like to have myself ......oh shoot i forgot .he now ownes a 06 dodge ....the only thing he does not like aboult that truck .is it is rough rideing ..his ford well after he pays the 3.or 4 thousand to get it back ..its on the chopping block

My Cummins have always had a 100,000 mile warranty on the engine and components....Oh by the way Gun...GOOD PUN!!! LOL!!!

Not anymore, so say's the online inventory for Benny Boyd's. I could probably get a hell of a deal from Benny, known him since his Credit Car's day's before the Dealerships.

I told you it was a dumb question. lol. I was just wondering why. They have been in business for many many years and they are well known. I guess its like everything else in this world. They take things that work real good and try to fix them when there is nothing wrong with them.

Caterpillar blocks are very heavy and built to last forever in marine applications in addition to heavy equipment.

The company that machines most of the Caterpillar blocks is located in northeast San Antonio - Texas Precision Machining. I've had a tour of their huge facility and the QC steps they take are extensive.

Nick

OK...This is a dumb question. Why isnt Caterpillar in any of the trucks?

my sister's boyfriend has been with the cat plant in peoria, IL for 30+ years..and, i asked him this exact same question. aside from what nick said, they would also wind up being so high-end that most people couldn't afford one. they would be very expensive just to make it cost effective for cat. but, i agree papa...would be great to have them making motors! especially in a 1-ton dually! ;)

yep but remember ..dodge does not own or build the cummens.. ford owns cummens if i remember correctly ..

Ford does not own cummins!! in the 90s ford and chysler bought 10% of cummins stock to help them not go under. It was in the agreement that ford would sell the stock back and they did after 10 years turning a nice profit. So as of today Ford has 0 ownership or stock in cummings. this is why they continue to mess up the powerstock. I wish that ford your shollow their pride and bring back the 7.3 engine or start working with internathional again. right now if I could buy a new truck it would be a dodge and I come from a long line of die hard ford fans.

DODGE =DEAR OLD DAD GOT EDSEL

CHEVROLET= CRACK HEAD VERY VALVE RATTLE OIL LEAK EVERY TIME

Ford= fu_ _ ing old rebuilt dodge. :lol:

Ford= fussing old rebuilt dodge, right? Just wanted to clarify that in case kids are reading...

Nick

Archived