No more Dodge Pick-ups

Blue Moon Motorsports

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in the new hunting/fishing regulations book they give out when you buy your license, there is probably a good 5-10 pages with a dodge advertisement and every pic shows dodge still labeled on the truck. the interior had it labeled and the the ram logo on the tailgate said dodge right above the ram head. and after looking on dodge.com, i think i want one. lol. that ram box is a genius idea. dont have to worry about the rod and reels getting ripped off or all beat up in the back of the truck. and that area is wasted space anyway.

in the new hunting/fishing regulations book they give out when you buy your license, there is probably a good 5-10 pages with a dodge advertisement and every pic shows dodge still labeled on the truck. the interior had it labeled and the the ram logo on the tailgate said dodge right above the ram head. and after looking on dodge.com, i think i want one. lol. that ram box is a genius idea. dont have to worry about the rod and reels getting ripped off or all beat up in the back of the truck. and that area is wasted space anyway.

I've put 200,000 mile on my 99 Ram 3500 with the Cummins and 135,000 (so far) on my 04 Ram 3500 with the Cummins with NO problems! I put a Quadzilla power pack on my 04 and recently took a trip and got an AVG of 27.8 miles to the gallon!! ( I HAVE PICTURES OF THE READOUT)! I get high 22's to low 23's in SA traffic around town. Towing a 28 foot trailer and race car to HMP at 75-80 mph, I get 15.8 Avg. Best Trucks I've ever owned. AND I can SMOKE Ford's and Chevy's!!!

Pretty hard to smoke some of the Duramax trucks. I have owned all 3 ,Ford,Chevy and Dodge and My Duramax ran just as good as any of my Dodge's. I do agree that the Dodge's seemed to get a little better fuel mileage but it depends on the truck setup also. Also,that onboard computer can be off by several miles per gallon. Ford may be the only one not getting bailout money but they need to. They need to invest in a good diesel motor or start producing the old 7.3 engine again. You couldnt give me a Ford diesel built after 2002. Power junk is a good name for them ! JMO

David,

All Dodge smoke at the line, that's usually the last place I see um as they are behind me. :P

Yeah, Cause they are PUSHING you! LOL!! :o

this is getting good ...do i see mary ann getting you .gear jammin .coffee drinking diesel demons a race at thunder hill ..the first of its kind ...... she could sell out ...we all would need gas mask .but worth it ..... 20 laps truck alone ..then 20 laps hauling your racecar around .. then she can have a pull off .... tug a war ...

I'm out on the tug of war I have a 2wd but any other race is fine with me and I would love to see where you hand calculated your mpg to get almost 16 towing your truck must be a record breaker and i doubt you get 27 or 28 mpg I had a 04 with the edge hot juice it was a 6 speed and only got around 20 the over said about 26 but that is for dreamers no matter how easy you drove it and around 10 towing but you never never know you may just have the best fuel econemy of all but I doubt it my duramax is a true crew not like the dodge has a little PPE Hot +2 e.t. programmer look it up and a fully built allison and some other bolt ons its on level 10 all day long and is a daily driver so any time is fine with me get the same milage as my dodge got as for ford never owned one but we fix plenty of them.

They had the 2011 super duty at the state fair. They apperently have designed and manufactured a new 6.7 with a new tranny. claimint to have 400 hp and 725 tq. the guy was showing me the instrment panel where it tells you all of you driving information and fuel economy and the computer was showing 24. something. he claimed it was 16 city and up to 26 highway under no load.I believe he said the 2011 were coming out this spring 2010. Pretty impresive but even so I'm keeping my paid off 2000 7.3 with 355k on it. I also personally witnessed a tow off between a dodge diesel and a tundra gas. it was very sad to see the tundra win hands down. ( I hate TURDS) so I'm blamin it on a crappy driver . lol

David,

All Dodge smoke at the line, that's usually the last place I see um as they are behind me. :P

Yeah, Cause they are PUSHING you! LOL!! :o

this is getting good ...do i see mary ann getting you .gear jammin .coffee drinking diesel demons a race at thunder hill ..the first of its kind ...... she could sell out ...we all would need gas mask .but worth it ..... 20 laps truck alone ..then 20 laps hauling your racecar around .. then she can have a pull off .... tug a war ...

I love it!!

Not much for pulling, not much for 1/8th or 1/4 miling. My true joy is running 125+ for 20 miles or so on the open road. I'm on the limits for the PMR's in these motors. I need to build a different motor(bottom end) to get any more out of the pig...

Look for some Dyno News coming soon... We are planning on a Diesel Dyno Day!

Mark

I get 21.6 out of my 2006 Duramax 3500 4x4 at 70 mph . My dad has a 2007 Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 and it is getting between 22-23 at 70 . We have checked both trucks consistently with the computers and by the old way of topping them off with fuel and checking mileage on trips when refueling. My Duramax has the catylatic convertor gutted and straight pipe replacing the muffler.(no programmer and factory air filter) Dad's Dodge is straight out of the factory. It is screwed up how these Car/Truck manufacturers can have one getting 10 mpg and another getting 20 mpg but it happens. Just think 10 years ago the old 99 model dodge diesels were getting 20-22 mpg consistently. 10 years later the trucks arent getting much better,and most arent getting as good. My Fords were always consistent no matter what year they averaged between 9 - 14 mpg. (factory setup)

I seriously doubt that a chip adds 10 mpg maybe 2 or 3 my friend has a 08 cummins with the 6.7 4x4 and he gets 17 or 18 so I just don't see how one can get 10 more mpg than the other.

Mine has a Quadzilla 100HP programmer, straight pipe and K&N cold air intake. Without the programmer, I got 18.5 to 19.5 avg. I have a friend that is the fleet magr for a big Dodge dealer in the area, he told me that the 6.7 liter gets worse fuel mileage unless you make into a straight pipe and take off all of the emissions crap.

I solved all the problems with the ford deisel. I bought a v-10 gas motor. I get 14-15 mostly highway no trailer, 9-10 with 28 foot trailer and racecar. My 08 v-10 cost about 9k less than a deisel, oil changes are about a tenth of the price, fuel filters a tenth of the price and longer intervals. I work at the ford dealership and the deisels keep us very busy. If I had a 6.4 deisel I would have to have 2 so I would have something to drive while the other is in the shop. new 6.7 out soon. Good Luck. They have given up on the 6.4 already.

Bobby Jack

Pretty hard to smoke some of the Duramax trucks. I have owned all 3 ,Ford,Chevy and Dodge and My Duramax ran just as good as any of my Dodge's. I do agree that the Dodge's seemed to get a little better fuel mileage but it depends on the truck setup also. Also,that onboard computer can be off by several miles per gallon. Ford may be the only one not getting bailout money but they need to. They need to invest in a good diesel motor or start producing the old 7.3 engine again. You couldnt give me a Ford diesel built after 2002. Power junk is a good name for them ! JMO

Well Izuzu does make a good engine even if it in a chevy................................. :lol:

I've put 200,000 mile on my 99 Ram 3500 with the Cummins and 135,000 (so far) on my 04 Ram 3500 with the Cummins with NO problems! I put a Quadzilla power pack on my 04 and recently took a trip and got an AVG of 27.8 miles to the gallon!! ( I HAVE PICTURES OF THE READOUT)! I get high 22's to low 23's in SA traffic around town. Towing a 28 foot trailer and race car to HMP at 75-80 mph, I get 15.8 Avg. Best Trucks I've ever owned. AND I can SMOKE Ford's and Chevy's!!!

First thing people lie about is what they paid for the truck - then the fuel mileage

First thing people lie about is what they paid for the truck - then the fuel mileage

And why would I lie about it? What does it accomplish? From my experience SELLING pickups, MOST people choose a gas engine over a diesel when buying a 2500 or 3500 to save money initially. Ask any GM Dealer about the old GM 6.2 and 6.5 diesels. They sucked. Like the disclaimer, my results aren't typical, BUT, there seems to be enough of a concensus regarding the Cummins engines and superior fuel mileage that...GEE...maybe it's a fact! PM me and I'll be happy to tell you what I paid for both my trucks....Oh and Becka, I think if you look at The VW and Mercedes diesels, they get superior fule milage to gas. If there was an affordable RELIABLE passenger car diesel engine out there, I bet you a dollar and a dozen donuts, there would be lines to buy them, but people associate diesels with smoke, noise and pollution....

Archived