Promoters take notice

thumper

Next Monday 2 top NASCAR drivers will host Monday Nite Raw,a wrestling program run by Vence McMahan.Although many racers scoff at pro wrestling,theres no argument that one man has re-written the entire program from what it was,a floundering show to the most successful entertainment venue today.

NASCAR has seen this and is not too proud to seek involvement prehaps to learn the secret of todays audience.If Vence can sell a pretend fight with pretend fuedes,why cant the race promoters do the same with a real battle on the track with real fuedes? Seeing the empty seats at a Cup race is enough to get the brass at NASCAR looking.Im sure this will be done by remote,Bush and Logano are too busy to appear in person.

When any local promoter realizes how to make a race nite a complete all involved show and pays their entainers for services racing will be reborn just like wrestling did.Listening to racers talk about how money is not important to each race team makes me want to puke.Without a good reward system you end up with a track that caters to a select group of indiviguals and becomes more of a private club.I know of several tracks like this.And thats not selling tickets.Its a simple formula,create an event from the Sat.nite race,make the money,and pay the people who are the show.

How many racers will watch wrestling for the first time because of the NASCAR drivers involvement?The greater question is how many wrestling fans will watch NASCAR for the first time for the same reason?This is what I always call the ALL INVOLVED rule.It works.

By the way the 2 most popular showmen in Charlotte are Earnhart Jr and Rick Flair.

IMHO, the chase, car of tomorrow, the dear god dont rub that car or I'll get fined, and a couple ofther things killed NASCAR. It's just not racing anymore. I lost all interest years ago. They need to go back to the way it was before Dale was killed. Let the guys race. Then it's like the WWE already and people would start watching. It's become WAY too coorperate.

lm20 thats exactly my point.Every member of the wrestling audience knows the fighting is not real and most competetors are friends,not unlike NASCAR or even the regulars at any track.In fact pro wrestling became more popular when they disclosed this fact.People watch to see how good these people do their job,talent level and most importantly how well they sell the story at hand.

Ive heard people say how sterel racing has become,how some say we should let the drivers rough it up some and how everyone wants to see a conflict.What if a promoter ran with this idea and created some feudes,a little on track discontent,and some interviews with disgrunted drivers and team members even if it is done under the promoters guidelines and rules of conduct.The good part is most any Sat nite there is a potential to exploit this idea due to some on track incedent.Most accidents are just that but what if they were blown up to be real acts of agrection.You would have something like the racing days of old without the physical abuse of a real fight.Another words,a STORY.I believe any races at one time or another has had words about another driver so INTERVIEW THEM!!!!Stay within the guidelines and WALLA another feude is born.The racers become actors and the audience gets entertainment.I have personally done this with other participateing drivers and created a fake feude.Later that nite I hear spectators talking about the almost fight,who will win it,who was right or wrong etc.They are wanting to see how it turns out so there they are next week.

Im sure I am not saying this correctly but I hope you get the idea.Watch Monday Nite and see how the professionals sell fake violence.Its all about the SHOW.Remember hocky without the tempers is only ice golf.Kind of like NASCAR is today.We dont need NASCAR to show us how its done,we just need imagination.

in my opinion...nothing is going to fix nascar except simply going back to RACING! they have marketed, promoted, glorified drivers in outside deals (ie: wwe, commercials, whatever) and added sooooooo many rules that it's almost impossible to even see the track anymore, let alone the race...figuratively speaking, of course.

nascar: New And Stupid Class of Auto Racing....it's nothing like it used to be... :(

if you ask me, the nationwide series is a whole lot more interesting these days....and the truck series isn't far behind that.....

People lose interest when you race cars they can't relate to. (diagram that sentence). Better wake up NASCAR! People want to see cars just like at the dealership, instead of these metal miscarriages you are running. My personal preference is the local bull rings.

People lose interest when you race cars they can't relate to. (diagram that sentence).

People = subject

lose = active verb

interest = object

when etc. = adverbial phrase

However, there are a couple of issues with the adverbial phrase.

1) You ended the phrase with a preposition, a no-no in any "old school" grammar primer.

2) The pronoun "you" has no antecedent; but it is implied by context, so I'll let that one slide.

So, the sentence should read, "People lose interest when you race cars to which they cannot relate."

Well, you asked, right? LOL

Nick

Speaking of which... in light of the current crisis at THR, I am putting off the THR seminar until things get resolved regarding any possible new sub-lease situation. So... I will be refunding checks to those who pre-registered today!

Nick

Archived