San Antonio Speedway Lease Option

becka29

thanks to "cash for clunks",the #1 seller from that deal is toyota.maybe the government shouldnt of took out that "must buy american only cars provision".but since they did,the top 4 out of 5 sellers on the "clunk " deal are toyota and honda cars with the only american being ford.

Sorry to keep this going off track. LOL But my Toyota IS american made. Built in Kentucky where they make the parts too. And just so you know if you dont already, a lot of parts on a Ford are built by Mazda. There really isnt a TRUE amercian made and built car anymore. Most parts are from Mexico for the american cars.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually its the other way around...there are a lot of Mazda cars that are built by Ford...Like my Tribute, (Ford Escape) which was made at the Ford plant in Kansas. (says the sticker) The only thing Mazda about my Tribute is the motor.

LM,just thought it would of been nice to see folks buying only american badged cars like chevy's, ford's and dodge's like the original plan since we had to bail 2 of the 3 out.and i know all about the ford/mazda crossover.learned that with a courier p/u in the early 70's.

LM,just thought it would of been nice to see folks buying only american badged cars like chevy's, ford's and dodge's like the original plan since we had to bail 2 of the 3 out.and i know all about the ford/mazda crossover.learned that with a courier p/u in the early 70's.

Then you have the GM/Chevy/Isuzu and Dodge/Mitsubishi swaps going on too.

Eventually, no matter where it made and from what parts the final profit from a toyota ends up in japan in the hands of the same people that killed my grandfather in ww2. I made a promise to my dad to buy only american and I'm gonna keep it.I was raised that a mans word is everthing. You feel free to buy a turd if you want. I won't pass judgement on you. But don't get so bent out of shape when people want that profit to stay in america and in americans hands all the way to the top. Seems everybody has values . Some are just different than others.beside why would you care what we think anyway. Ain't america great.

I have complete respect for anyone who served in our military and saw combat in WWII. And that being the war which truly was defending our given rights in this country than I respect ones opinion on how they feel about our past enemies.

But I want to add this also. Toyota Motors trades on the American stock exchange and many Americans are stockholders in many of these foreign auto manufacturers. Research shows that GM pretty much picked Toyota up after WWII and got them going again so I would imagine much of that stock is still held by GM folks. I learned that when it comes to money and stocks, people buy what is doing the best and the only requirement is that they be trading on the American Stock Exchange.

Initially the clunker was to only apply to the American big three but it was the unions that complained and stated that many of the foreign manufacturers are building cars right here in this country and keeping them out of the program would be hurting American workers. They changed it to include any car and I believe even some foreign cars that are not made here outsold the GM and Chrysler cars during the program.

And its also pretty much fact that there is a lot of foreign money invested in our stock market while some of ours is invested in all the foreign markets so regardless of whether we like it or not, we have become a global economy. As for this present economy being so bad here, I believe we are still better off than other countrys. Like Japan for instance.

By the way, I am a combat veteran myself.

Just make it a Federal offense to make, sale , or own a set of "METRIC" wrenches. That should solve a lot of problems. :lol:

Crap...that means I have to take my kawasaki to the dealer for oil changes. oh well, another excuse to get out and ride. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Here is what I found so far. I havent found a phone # yet but Im working on it.

Katherine Reeh Friesenhahn,

General Manager, Reeh Partners, Ltd.

80 Cornet Ln.

Poteet, Tx. 78065

Just found this. Hope it helps

Katherine R Friesenhahn

821 S State Highway #16

Jourdanton, TX 78026

(830) 767-4519

Archived