Any Houston Results?

SASPEEDRACER24

the number 6 1st place the 75 of hamilton 2nd i believe the 45 was 3rd but not sure

i thought my truck debut was gonna be a little better but got dumped twice.....finished 6th was a few scuff marks lol ..oh well that racing right.....

dear bill hamilton i heard a few bad things about how rough of a driver you are but after following you for 20 laps with several chances to muscle your way by the 6 you showed way more paticence then i would have... i guess your criticts where wrong!!! good job...congrats to the 6 i heard it was your 1st win!!! i was impressed thanks to all the truck guys for excepting the fng ..... thank you sonny hunt and jim beasly for blessing me with bad two to the bone rides...you dont know how much yalls hard work means to me thankyou from the bottom of my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the eco stocks cant wait till there is 20 or more of those wild little rides....thanks hmp for putting on a good show..and putting up with the dual rides dean grahm and sara went the extra mile for me and means alot... and special thanks to all the old and new fans i got to meet....sincerly lynn hardy jr #70 pro-stock---#36 pro truck..and thank you to my girl robin for putting up for this long weekend good luck today at the pin oak horse show!!!!!!

On the PLM deal. They told us in the driver's meeting that if there was a secondary spin you got your position back. Bendele got to Davis and bumped him, however, he saved it. When he went into Turn one he went up and spun himself for the most part. Bendele then spun going down the back straighaway which is why he didn't get put to the back.

Sure would love for someone - fan, super fan, insider, whatever - to volunteer to do live updates from HMP when I can't make it. Also looking for someone for THR to do the same

Let me know if you're interested.

Nick

Sure would love for someone - fan, super fan, insider, whatever - to volunteer to do live updates from HMP when I can't make it. Also looking for someone for THR to do the same

Let me know if you're interested.

Nick

Nick-

No one from HMP posts updates - or at least the official results by the next afternoon?

John is very good about posting results.. I am hoping someone at HMP - a fan? a super fan? an interested party? - would like to do live updates from the track. You know the stuff you don't get in the results. Like a little something about each race.. who broke.. who was fast and that stuff that people want to know but doesn't really show up in the results.

Don't be shy if you're interested in doing this for your fellow LSS members. Give me a PM or email if you're interested.

Nick

On the PLM deal. They told us in the driver's meeting that if there was a secondary spin you got your position back. Bendele got to Davis and bumped him, however, he saved it. When he went into Turn one he went up and spun himself for the most part. Bendele then spun going down the back straighaway which is why he didn't get put to the back.

The whole night the officials were very consistant, until it came to Bendele issue, as you said Bendele got to Davis and tried to punt him, however, he saved it. When he went into turn one he went up and made contact with Bendele and spun. As a result of the contact, Bendele spun coming out of turn 2 going down the back straighaway. [edited out by Nick Holt, 3/29/09]

I've seen Bendele race a few times and always liked the way he drove, but he DIDN'T EVEN MAKE ONE ATEMPT AT A CLEAN PASS at Davis before trying to punt him out of the way. Davis came to a new track for him, seemed like a class act and drove a great race and should have won.

Everyone is going to see a racing incident from their own perspective and I'm sure this is the case here. However, if anyone has an issue with the call, they really should take it up with the track rather than in the public forums.

Thanks.

Nick

Every one should be able to post thier opinion Nick, as long as it isnt bashing. Commonsenseraceing was only stateing the facts. The race should have been canceled in order to save damaged equipment and the check written to the owner of the 6 car. He did a hell of a job until he got to the leader. All involved means just that, or it should have I should say. Any other driver would have been sent to the rear as the 21 was. 6 should have been also. I was actually pulling for the 6 (because he is an S.A. boy) until that happened.

I do not discuss the reason for my edits in public, but if you would like to discuss this one in private with me, please email me or PM me.

However, I believe I left the his opinion of the racing incident up in the post, just as I am leaving yours since neither one appeared to be bashing.

But the LSS forums are not here to allow people to criticize calls by track officials that they do not agree with. There are lots of sites where folks can vent all they like, but Lone Star Speedzone is not one of them. Venting in public on what track officials "should have done" or "should not have done" serves no useful purpose. If there is a genuine concern about a particular call, I'm certain that the track officials have email addresses and phone numbers.

Thanks.

Nick

The qualification after eveyone else was down was wrong, but they werent the only ones who did not take advantage of that. Like you said there was hard contact in 1 and 2 between both of them, however, the yellow was coming out after Davis spun out and then Bendele spun. I didn't like it either, however, I was sitting in 1 and saw where he ran him up at least a half a groove. It was obvilous that he did that intention and he was the one that lost out on the deal.

"Like you said there was hard contact in 1 and 2 between both of them, however, the yellow was coming out after Davis spun out and then Bendele spun. I didn't like it either, however, I was sitting in 1 and saw where he ran him up at least a half a groove. It was obvilous that he did that intention and he was the one that lost out on the deal.

Isn't that the point? As was stated, hard contact between the 6 and 21, doesn't the all involved rule state that if you were involved with the incident, you go to the back, the contact made the 6 part of the incident, forget about the spin.

Let me also state that HMP did a lot to thing right at Sppedfest, all in all I would give them a good grade for the night, so I not trying to bash the track.

My apologies about the comment Nick edited out.

What was explained at the race was that contact occured in 3 and 4 but both recovered no harm no foul...then the #21 ran into #6 in 1 as a retaliation from the contact in 3 & 4. since both recovered from the first no fouls... since the second contact was viewed as deliberate no penelty to the #6. NOT TAKING ANY SIDES ... BUT THATS WHAT I WAS TOLD AFTER THE RACE, I personally did not see the incident in turn 1 untill the #21 was already spinning. JUST THE FACTS MAM.

Houston made the correct call. I was standing in the exit of two and the 6 did get in to the 21 on the front stretch right after the flag stand but the 21 did not spin until the entrance of two that is alot of concrete before Steven spun.

Steven is a nice Guy, but He has spun other cars plenty of times, and I have told him that myself plenty of times before. they were racing for one of the largest 1st place payouts that I can remember on asphalt around her in a long time. Just good hard racing.

Karl

Archived