Any Houston Results?

SASPEEDRACER24

The all inclusive rule has us a little befuddled too. The #31 and I got together in turns one and two, straightened out and kept going two wide down the back straight. The caution was thrown for debris?....we were sent to the back. Neither one of us spun.......

John with HMP was gracious enough to talk to me on the phone and clarify the caution. It was due to the debris from the contact. The rule is if you cause a caution for any reason...MY misunderstanding. Thank you John for taking the time to clarify that for me and to address the other issue.

HMP put on a helluva show and we can't wait to go back!

Also to keep in mind that in the drivers meeting we are told that if two cars make contact and bring out the caution both cars go to the rear but we are also told that you can race on the apron..... you just cant go on the apron and come up and hit someone, which was the case with the 21 and 6 the 21 car drove down on the flat getting into turn one then contact was made between the two cars.

Also not sure who told Lynn (36 truck) he was hit (or run over) getting into turn one but that isn’t the case. There was about a 1/2 a truck length between the 36 and 42 when the 36 got loose on entry allowing the door to open for the 42 to drive up beside him and then the contact was made. The situation could have only been better if the two drivers wouldn’t have put the throttle to the floor when the contact was made. Now there was definite contact entering turn 3 when he was spun.

How about the modified race though? Good clean race for the most part wasnt it?

The all inclusive rule has us a little befuddled too. The #31 and I got together in turns one and two, straightened out and kept going two wide down the back straight. The caution was thrown for debris?....we were sent to the back. Neither one of us spun.......

i had no idea why a caution was out

Also to keep in mind that in the drivers meeting we are told that if two cars make contact and bring out the caution both cars go to the rear but we are also told that you can race on the apron..... you just cant go on the apron and come up and hit someone, which was the case with the 21 and 6 the 21 car drove down on the flat getting into turn one then contact was made between the two cars.

Also not sure who told Lynn (36 truck) he was hit (or run over) getting into turn one but that isn’t the case. There was about a 1/2 a truck length between the 36 and 42 when the 36 got loose on entry allowing the door to open for the 42 to drive up beside him and then the contact was made. The situation could have only been better if the two drivers wouldn’t have put the throttle to the floor when the contact was made. Now there was definite contact entering turn 3 when he was spun.

How about the modified race though? Good clean race for the most part wasnt it?

i am a rookie in the trucks i am sure i am gonna make some mistakes... but one thing i learned last saturday is there is no give in the trucks only take......i checked up several times and several times it caused me to get just a tad loose but i like to drive a free race car....i never one time called out a driver by name or number..I wrote "thats racing" i was over it that night i dont need anybody else dwelling on it...i had a blast racing the trucks it is very competitive and very hard knoxs racing i will fit in well.....cant wait till the next race...and stay tuned for an exciting annoucment about the trucks at hmp....

Glad to hear the SHO time ford tarus wagon has a fan. We had a little trouble burning a spark plug in our heat which cost us a back bumper. We will try to tune her up a little more for the next week. Please come visit the eco-stocks on eco stock row. They are a blast you can not go that fast any cheaper. 69mph according to mylaps.com and thats for under $1000 to build and $1800 to claim. With a/c and a stereo, I will have an antenna on it this week so I can get better reception. Heck we even stood on the luggage rack to watch the last latemodel heat. It was fun to pull double duty in it and the #4 limited modified. Thanks for the support!!!

Kalif Sellier

#4 limited modified

#4$ eco-stock ford taurus wagon.

hey 14theroad,

sorry if i have disappointed you on the starts the last two weeks. I know its not a great excuse but the last two weeks have been my first two races in over 4 years and not to mention only 17 race laps in a car bigger that a legends car in my career. i have had hundreds of test laps in late models, super late models, arts trucks, and now modifieds but i am still working out the kinks on my starts.

I am just being to careful not to jump the start and i ended up loosing my advantage of qualifying on the pole. They stressed really hard on starts in the drivers meeting that they wanted us to accelerate when the flag was thrown and that the two lead cars be nose to nose or you are going to the back. I tried my best and it wasnt good enough but i gaurantee you i will be ready next time.

How did everyone like the "heats-feature" formats?

What did the "NASCAR" fees end up being? driver, crew, other(?)

Thanks

Jay

I thought the race format was alright at houston......but the coin flip in the driver's meeting went in my favor so i started on the pole in the heat race. so my opinion might not be the one that is accurate, maybe some of the guys that had to work their way through the pack can let you know how it worked out.

as for the nascar fees

i believe for the mods it was $90 and you have to buy at least one crew liscense at i believe 90 as well....someone correct me if im wrong.

Pro LMs was $185

$1,000,000 in insurance which is huge compared to what a track can provide on its own, but i hope that is never necesary to be used.

Archived