Get well Debbie....

C Molis

Not sure if any of you know, but Debbie took a small tumble last night at the track, and was in some pain. She needed a little assistance getting around. Apparently she didn't have a good night, and had to have her daughter come pick her up this morning and take her to the ER..... Turns out she has a fractured tibia (hope that's right).

She was in quite a bit of pain, and I hope she is able to stay off that leg!! But I think we all know her a little too well for that!!

Love ya Deb.....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, unfortunately I fractured my tibia (shin bone), right below my right knee. I am on crutches right now and won't know more until I see my orthopedic doctor. The ER doctor said it will probably require surgery. What a way to end the 2008 season! It was a crazy night, and we're submitting four accident reports, including mine.

I do want to express my sincere thanks to several folks for helping me out Saturday night when I couldn't walk following the races. First of all, thanks to you Chrisitine, for sensing my severe pain and calling for help from the pits. You, John and Bobby and Elizabeth Chaffee were awesome. My sincere thanks also goes out to H and Daniel for getting me back to the pits and settled down for the night.

I guess everything will really slow down for me now, which will be tough to handle. But it really helps to have the support of my racing family. I just hope I'm recovered enough to attend the Crash-A-Rama on October 26.

Thanks again!

well dadgummit I miss a race and you go and break a leg.I didn't know you cared.

hope you heal soon without too much pain. 'course thats what them little white pills

er fer.

praying for you deb.

just wonderin--do we call you hopalong debbie now? or if you get some rides in a

wheelchair will it be wheelie williams.looks like dancin debbie might not be appropriat

rat now.

luv ya girl--take care

james and janette

Hope you're feeling better Debbie. This should help. Muuuuuuuaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh. ;)

Hope you're feeling better Debbie. This should help. Muuuuuuuaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh. ;)

Well, here's the latest...

We now understand that Debbie has a broken nose in additon to the leg. Jody, you're supposed to take the mirror away from your face BEFORE you kiss someone. I know you're used to kissing mirrors, but jeez...

Nick

Budman,

I'd love to blame Jody Wayne, but I did it all on my own.

I had been in the tower with most of the weekend, scoring all of the TSRS, Pro Mod and Pro Truck practices, qualifying, etc.

Prior to the TSRS race, I decided to take a break and went down to the grandstands. I was walking above the top row of the grandstands next to the VIP suites. I think I tripped over something (really can't remember) and fell full force (downhill) on my right leg on the grandstand bench, with nothing to break my fall.

I felt pretty dumb afterwards and hoped I'd be okay. I even made it back up to the tower. However, after scoring the TSRS race and stepping down from the stool, I knew I was in deep trouble and could barely walk.

Thanks for asking.

And, Mickey, I truly enjoyed working with Kim and the entire THR/TSRS staff this past year. It's great to be part of such a wonderful, caring staff.

WOW Debbie,

Sounds like you need a private duty nurse. I'm available. Hope all goes well. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out. I have alot of free time on my hands these days. If you need errands run or just need a ride somewhere, please just call me.

Mona

Geesh, Deb, and I thought MY leg accident was bad - you just always have to go out and do things better than anyone else, huh? :lol:

I'm thankful Christine, John, Elizabeth, Patty, et al, were there to help you out on race night.

God bless ya, girl!

Archived