Jr Whining

lenny66

<_< I just pulled this off of Sports Illustrated. I used to be a Jr fan, until he went to Jeff & Jimmy land. Now I have to read some crap like this. These guy's have no idea or have forgotten what the Saturday Night local racer goes thru just to make a race or race season. I know that they have sponsor commitments and obligations for their time, but DAMMIT for 30 Million a year, a private jet or Helicopter and a 2 Million dollar coach to park your a$$ in, quit your bitchin'. Here is the quote from Sports Illustrated:

Truth be told, Dale Earnhardt Jr. would rather be back in North Carolina celebrating his protege's first victory and recovering from Sunday's grueling race at Pocono. But team owner Rick Hendrick wants even more success from Earnhardt Jr. and his team in their first season together, so he added Tuesday's test session at the Milwaukee Mile to an already intense midweek testing schedule. Although Earnhardt Jr. admits he might grumble when he's asked to work more in the middle of the week than he did in previous years, he knows it's for the right reason: winning. "I told Rick, 'I'm going to complain, but I'm going to do it anyway,'" Earnhardt Jr. said during a brief break Tuesday afternoon. "And I like to shoot off at the mouth and complain about things, but everybody likes to blow off some steam. I'll test as much as I need to test - whatever we need to do as well as we need to do."

Seems like the boy has it too easy!!! The old man is turning in his grave!!! It is a sign of the times, too much money and no appreciation for what they have. :(:(:( Just my 3 cents. Lenny66 B)

I didn't see anything wrong with Junior's statement. He apparently had a scheduled day off and they asked him to test (work) instead. As he said, he did it, but felt he had a right to complain about it, and he's right.

I don't think many people appreciate just how scheduled and regimented these guys are. Last year, one of the top-tier drivers turned down a commercial that would have paid him $250,000 for one day's "work" because it would have meant flying to California to shoot the commercial on his only day off in a 25-week period.

The time off was worth more than the extra money. When you talk about "scheduling" for a major (or even some minor) NASCAR stars, you are talking about every minute of their time being planned from six am to ten pm, seven days a week. As I've told every client I've had, the appearances and interviews and all that are your job, you GET to drive the car.

Alice Cooper says about Elvis Presley, "He could do anything he wanted to do, except go anywhere on his own. It was like he lived in a box, and could do anything he wanted in the box, but he could never leave the box."

These guys better hope they don't get any more popular than they are. It's great for the money, but it sucks for having a life.

I agree with Kathy & REBELRACER,

Even if somebody has the best job in the world they would still like time off. Don't be a hater. :D

<_< It has nothing to do with being a "hater". And this was not meant to be directed at Jr alone. So far, only rebelracewriter got my point on this. I know that everyone needs "time off". But considering that these people know that you are a "highly' recognized face and "lack of privacy or free time comes with the territory, I have little sympathy for their "problem". Fact of life, most folks have to work for a living, some make more money than others, job demands are different for people. But like they say in the "real" world or at least the one I live in; If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!!! :P Just my 3 cents.

:P Lenny66 B)

I don't see the problem in his statement. Its not like these guy get to just go to the track on the weekend and then stay home during the week. They all have responsiblities that they have to live up to. Jr also has a team to look over that he owns. so what he complained alittle bit about having to work on his day off I bet you never complain when you have to work on a day off.

It just all depends on how people read things as to what they want to hear or take out of it.

Uh? What I read is

".... Although Earnhardt Jr. admits he might grumble when he's asked to work more in the middle of the week than he did in previous years... "I told Rick, 'I'm going to complain, but I'm going to do it anyway,'" Earnhardt Jr. said ..... "And I like to shoot off at the mouth and complain about things, but ....."

I don't know how you "read" this, but I read as ...he's complaining, he's grumbling, he doesn't want to work "hard". <_<

he can complain all he wants, its paying off, 3rd in points and a contender every week.

I'm not a big Junior fan...but I have to give him credit - he's gone over to Hendrick, he's been VERY successful and pulled off a phenomanol (sp?) year to date..he's been outright fantastic.

THIS may be the year he truly contends for a championship...if he can pull it off, look out!

boy would i love to be able to afoard to bitch aboult driveing a car... yep they are pulled in every direction .but hey thats part of the game .they make alot of money .to much i think sometimes ...man would i love thier job ..i bet it would pay more than i going over and working on the cars in between race weekend for nothing .just to go race and injoy the sport of racen ...nascar does not have many drivers left that race for the pure fact that they are lucky enough to do so ....... its mostly aboult money ..

That is no different than us going out to our local races and bitching about the rules or purse. How many people are out there that would love to race and look at us and think the same thing?

"Man, I would do anything to be able to race at the local dirt track and would you just listen to those guys whine and cry. They are so lucky they get to race and they don't know it. They do not realize how good they have it".

You can always find somebody that would love to trade places with you. The grass is always greener on the other side but seldom is it like it looked once you get there. Those NASCAR guys go through so much that we never see. If you want to have fun "racing", the local tracks is probably more fun. Those guys are under a lot of pressure and time committments. Would I like to make the money they make? HELL YES! Would I like to go to NASCAR to have fun racing? Probably not so much.

Most everyone has to work,some put in more hours than others.The issue of working 7 days a week depends on who you are talking too.Some people value "time off" more than others.The whole world revolves around MONEY so it's something that you just have to get over!!!!!I have no problem with them making the big bucks and complaining about having to work on a scheduled day off.(especialy if they do it anyway)Do they make to much?Ask Dale SR.!!!!!!

I agree with Kathy & REBELRACER,

Even if somebody has the best job in the world they would still like time off. Don't be a hater. :D

<_< It has nothing to do with being a "hater". And this was not meant to be directed at Jr alone. So far, only rebelracewriter got my point on this. I know that everyone needs "time off". But considering that these people know that you are a "highly' recognized face and "lack of privacy or free time comes with the territory, I have little sympathy for their "problem". Fact of life, most folks have to work for a living, some make more money than others, job demands are different for people. But like they say in the "real" world or at least the one I live in; If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!!! :P Just my 3 cents.

:P Lenny66 B)

Lenny,

I fail to understand why politely expressing an opinion brings accusations of being a hater. As for Jr, he is very talented, and from what I hear, a pretty good guy. I also heard that his Dad, Dale Earnhardt Sr, loved to race but cared very little for testing. But, I seem to recall a Jr complaint about a lack of testing at DEI. Everyone needs free and personal time, but with the high earnings it should come as no surprise that the sponsors expect a lot. I just hope Jr realizes how fortunate he is, and how the road for him was well paved. But, there is a real world out there that some folks just aren't aware of. I do sometimes wish I could chose how and where my tax dollar sponsorship funds are directed, even if it is a very small percentage. Just my 1 cent...

Kyle Bush....saying....where is the next car..the next race...does it have four wheels?...get me in it...work work work....run run run...if I'm outside of a car than I am wasting time....now look at the point standings.JGR has been having to drag him kicking and screaming out of cars just to get him focused on the Cup stuff.

My point is....The Hendrick guys are seeing this...and are trying to get Jr. on board with it,before they get left behind.Jr. doesn't like the change in times,but is smart enough to understand what is happening and is rolling with it.

Carl Edwards has been putting in overtime the last few years and it has been paying off.

Lenny is right though in that they are all spoiled these days.A Cup driver should have to do some kind of racing at their local home track on Saturday nights before they are allowed to run on Sunday.All Cup races need to be run on Sunday.If you don't have a local track to run on than pick one and adopt it.

How would Bobby Labonte,running every Saturday night at C.C. Speedway,affect the crowd?

SAVE LOCAL RACING!

sounds like : "Im going to whine and you need to get over it. I only want to work when I want to and if you ask me to go out of my way than Im going to be a baby, so deal with it Rick"

Yep, thats the role model all of these kids need. Im by no means Jimmie fan but he is the only HMS driver that doesnt seem to whine, atleast not in public.

Im by no means Jimmie fan but he is the only HMS driver that doesnt seem to whine, atleast not in public.

then take the cotton out of your ears when he talks. he whins just as much if not more than the rest.

Archived