kevin lapage hmmmmmmmmmm

Well in his interview he stated that the blend is in turn 1 and the other drivers spotters should have let their drivers know he was there. DJ and Andy Pitre said that was incorrect and in the drivers meeting they specifically said that the blend was 2 tires up into 2 and 4 tires up out of 2. They mentioned someone I think it was clint boyer that got black flagged earlier in the race for doing the same thing.

I guess that's why lapage is a never was and probably won't be back for a while

The guy I really feel sorry for was Dario. He had a good run and had a tire failure but what a hit to the door. I find it interesting that these teams have the balls to come back their drivers that they've fired to bail them out. Stremme will fill in for Dario this weekend and Johnny Sauter filled in for the 70 at phoenix.

I like Carl Edwards' interview: "I was just minding my own buisness......GOOD AFTERNOON."

That was hilarious. Here it is.Edwards and others, including LeIdiot.

Here we gooooo. Mouthy Mullet. :lol:

That situation has been powdered. I borrowed your compact!!!! :lol::lol:

Regardless of the rules....COMMON SENSE and talent are part of racing. It was a down right DANGEROUS move to TRY to defend on his part. 15 cars!!! There should be a points/monitary penalty for people who just don't use their heads. Why wear a helmet if you leave your brain in the motor coach?

why have a spotter if you cant understand what he said ..watch the blend line ...

The Spotter for Kevin LePage is Mrs. LePage......................

The Spotter for Kevin LePage is Mrs. LePage......................

And she told him to stay down there 3 or 4 times.

Press Release:

Kevin Lepage Apologizes for Talladega Error

STATESVILLE, N.C. (April 27, 2008) - "As a child my dreams had always been to race on Superspeedways. Racing in NASCAR has allowed this to happen and I have a career that I love. However, on Saturday afternoon every racer's concern was realized, as I caused "The Big One". After reviewing the tapes of the accident I realize I need to apologize to NASCAR, the car owners, my fellow competitors and most importantly the fans. I made a huge driver error by blending onto the racetrack in the wrong area. This caused a multi-car accident and changed the outcome of the race for many teams. I'm so thankful that no one was hurt considering the number of cars involved. In over 25 years of racing this was the biggest mistake I've ever made behind the wheel of a stock car and I promise that it will not happen again. It is such a terrible feeling knowing that NASCAR, the car owners, fellow competitors and NASCAR fans think this was a 'bonehead' move and I certainly don't want anyone thinking of me in these terms. Speaking yesterday before reviewing the tapes of the accident made me look like a "heal" and there is not a single person to blame for this huge mistake except myself. I have worked very hard over the years to gain the respect of NASCAR, the owners, competitors and the fans and it will take a long time to gain it back after what happened. Once again I want to apologize to everyone involved. If I could replay the race, I would have used better judgment and let the pack go by before blending onto the racetrack."

Sincerely,

Kevin Lepage

I retract my LeIdiot statement. Even though it was a bonehead move, and he said bonehead things after the fact. I think there's a lot of us that have said and done bonehead things right after a race or incident. Takes screws to set the record straight. There's some out there that wouldn't.

No matter how big the bonehead...still takes a big MAN to admit he was wrong. I don't have to LIKE him, but i respect him for admitting his wrong doing in the matter....

Kathie

Archived