Biffle or Boyer?

Jay

Its happened many times over the years, most memorable was Mark Martin in the busch series. The leader under caution does something other than take the checkered flag and second place takes the win.

Clint Boyer was posted as the race leader on NASCAR.com and the winner. I was watching the race stats and listening to PRN to see the finishing order post, Boyer, Johnsom, Mears, Biffle. Biffle more than 2 seconds behind Boyer.

On the post race interview, Biffle was asked what happened that he didnt take the checkered flag first, and he said, "none of that stuff matters, I was working on getting my helmet off and Hans to start celibrating"

Where I come from, the first car to cross the finish line wins. Boyer should get the win.

but they claim the field is frozen and biffle was the winner

I would agree that the feild was frozen, but if the leader, or any car in the feild does not maintain pace car speed, does the rest of the feild stop and wait for them? I think Biffle should have saved his celibrating until he had officially taken the win.

You must be a Jimmy/Jeffy fan...... :(

If Boyer keeps listening and quoting the whiny twins, nobody will like him anyone.

If you watched the Victory Lane interview.....Biffle DID NOT run out of gas. In my opinion the others disrespected him by passing him under yellow.

I could not see the end of the race because it was not on TV. Blasted ESPN. But I heard the announcers say Biffle slowed off pace and off line and the other all just maintained their line and speed.

I'm not a fan of any of these guys, just fair play.

LOL Reb.... Guess if it was someone else other than a Roushie you wouldnt say a peep... Dont matter Biffle gets a win to move him into what the top 15... Give Jeffy or JJ till the original end of the race and it would have been a different story...

With that said I personally met Greg at TMS about 3 years ago along with Jason and Bobby Chaffee and he is a really down to earth good guy that I could cheer for...BTW he has a mean little golfcart... lol...He earned his win with strategy...

I don't care why Biffle slowed down, he DIDN'T maintain pace speed, and therefore according to the "rulebook" he forfieted (sp?) his spot in line. If that's not the case, then Robby Gordon won at Montreal a couple of months ago.

They should've just finished the race to begin with. There was enough daylight for 2 f@#&ing laps.

As far as I'm concerned, Clint Bowyer won.

You must be a Jimmy/Jeffy fan...... :(

If Boyer keeps listening and quoting the whiny twins, nobody will like him anyone.

If you watched the Victory Lane interview.....Biffle DID NOT run out of gas. In my opinion the others disrespected him by passing him under yellow.

I could not see the end of the race because it was not on TV. Blasted ESPN. But I heard the announcers say Biffle slowed off pace and off line and the other all just maintained their line and speed.

I'm not a fan of any of these guys, just fair play.

they moved it to espn2 because of the rain delay.

How many yellow laps did they run at the end...seemed like more than 3 after the pace car came out? Yellow came out with 4 to go coming to 3. I might be wrong,but I thought they ran an extra lap or 2 (setting up the green white checkered deal) before deciding the darkness was a safety issue. If that is the case and they never quit counting yellows when the caution came out then I don't think taking the win away from the 16 would have been right...not his fault they took their time deciding what to do. If they only ran the 3 laps that were left than he got away with one. Reb what about the interview makes you think the 16 had fuel...the fact that he said he did????? :huh:;)

JMO

from jayski.com

NASCAR Statement on End of Kansas Race: Statement from Ramsey Poston, NASCAR Managing Director, Corporate Communications:“When the caution came out on Lap 207 the field was frozen. At the time of the caution, the #16 was in the lead and maintained a reasonable speed and was declared the race winner. There is no passing under caution. “By rule, cars under caution need to maintain a reasonable speed, which the #16 did. If it hadn’t maintained a reasonable speed or the car had come to a stop, then that car would not have won the race. In this instance the #16 maintained a reasonable speed, crossed the finish and won the race.”(NASCAR PR)(10-1-2007)

no matter how much boyer and jimmy cry, it wont matter.

they are champions and you can't take that away from them!!!! you can think they are whinners all you want, but there winners to!!! yall kill me about the whole whinning thing!! who cares if you don't like them turn the tv off its easy!! i haven't seen a race car driver that don't whine a little about something. just remember there names are in the record book and ole jeff will be put down as one of the best or the best cup driver of all times!!!!!

Archived