kyle petty

Nathan

did anyone see kyle yelling at denny hamlin after their accident. Seems that klye still has some fire in him. and wasn't funny that denny jumped out of his car to go after him when he caused the accident.

kyle slapped denny in the face shield and kept coming back for more. while denny sat there and took it for a couple of minutes. it doesn't matter whos fault it is,,,,,,,you keep picking a fight and you'll prolly get it. denny did better than i would have done, i'd have been spinning him in cirlces by his little girl sissy a@$ pony tail after the helmet slap.

(no offense J.M.) some guys can pull it off,,,,,you can , kyle doesn't.

kyle slapped denny in the face shield and kept coming back for more. while denny sat there and took it for a couple of minutes. it doesn't matter whos fault it is,,,,,,,you keep picking a fight and you'll prolly get it. denny did better than i would have done, i'd have been spinning him in cirlces by his little girl sissy a@$ pony tail after the helmet slap.

(no offense J.M.) some guys can pull it off,,,,,you can , kyle doesn't.

Crazyhorse,......no offense intended, however the problem is one driver is a boy and the other is a man, a man with a sissy pony tail, but a man nevertheless!! Thats the problem with nascar these days, so many boys who do not have a clue of where they really stand in the world. The sport is full of a ton of these "phenom" racers who actually have had a phenominal amount of money get them where they are as opposed to the old days when it was talent. Now some of these young guys are the real deal but if you think about it you can probably count more that fit into the DH mold, as long as they can smile for their sponsors

and keep their mouth shut they are ok, open their mouth and you get a glimpse of the real guy or in most of these cases " the kid" that they really are.

I do not beleive if Colt would have ever got that nascar nod we would have ever seen him open his mouth and say something stupid, even if it needed to be said, he has enough maturity and background to know when to be quiet. Just my opinion.

A-ROCKET,

You said Kyle Petty and talent in the same sentence. LOL That there is real funny.

Didn't watch the race, but if you think that Kyle Petty earned his ride, I got a bridge to sell ya. And just because you made me laugh, I will throw in an ocean side house in Monatana. Just call me.

I like Kyle Petty as a person, he is a class guy. But I never, ever, thought he was a driver who should be anywhere near a cup car.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

welli look at it this way ..we are here talking aboult it ..they are there living it ..something wrong with that picture you suppose ....one driver with talent one with looks ..they have alot more money than most of us ...besides ..nascar needs more of that madness ..isnt that what we have asked for ..

Kyle was pretty good in the early 90's when he was in the Mellow Yellow ride. i believe he finished 4th one year in the poits. Does anyone remember that? He dominated Dover and Rockingham back then.

are you talking about the same era that saw derrick cope win the 500?..those were the days. j/k.

are they gonna fine girly man for going over to someone elses pit and 'slapping' at them,,,meow.

going back to the comments of people with money , if i remember right denny was racing a LM for his dad. they were broke and couldn't afford tires or up keep on their car so they were gonna call it quits when another guy came along and put denny in his car. shortly after gibbs came along............so i don't think the 'spoiled brat' line fits, unless you are referring to kyle.

anyway, what the hell....it's got us talking , and it didn't cost us a dime ;)

<sigh>

Once again, for those that were held back a year (or more) in class.

Kyle Petty, the man, totally awesome. Great guy, the kind of man to look up to and emulate.

Kyle Petty, the race car driver, meh.

You can like the person and not think they are god's greatest at what they do. I like Kyle for his classiness, for his giving back, for being a good role model for millions of people. I do not think very highly of his driving "talent".

And just to piss all y'all off, I don't think Dale Jr is great driver either. Good, yes, great no. Doesn't mean I think he is pond scum as a person, cause I don't. He seems to be a decent young man. But if I was interested in wins, there are a lot of other drivers I would put in my car ahead of him. If all I wanted is money, then he is the man.

Seperate the man from his job, and Kyle Petty is fantastic. Put him in a car and he is largely forgettable. That does not take away the fact that he is truly a great man.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Oh....now themes fighting words right there Sarge. I was right with you with the Kyle "I'm gonna wreck out in 50 laps or less Petty", but you had to throw out the JR. card. Do I need to bust out the percentages? There are crappy drivers who win races. Things happen hello...Derrick Cope!!! Mark Martin as much as it pains me to admit, is a great driver...NO CHAMPIONSHIPS. But to truly break down great drivers you have to look at EVERYTHING and Jr is top 10 driver in finishes in his career average. Is he Tony, Jeff, his Dad...NO...does he have the potential to be? He has the potential to be DALE JR and I dare to say that will be a Champion at some point.

Agreed Kyle is not the driver he once was but, he did qualify for the race. And he does have a right to some part of the track. He was trying to stay down out of the way. Just was lapped by the first or 2 or 3 without any problems. It looked like Denny might have misjudged catching him too quick. Maybe he was watching the 07 in his mirror? Not sure, but I bet he'll get with Kyle this week and apologize for running him over. Then I think Kyle will appologize for loosing his temper in the garage. Isn't this Denny's 2nd season? It's OK to make a mistake every once in a while. Thats what we call expierence. He'll be OK. So will Kyle.

Mel

Anyone ever think the equipment might add to it? Petty Enterprises hasn't exactly burned up the track in recent memory. Not like Childress, Hendrick, Gibbs, etc. Even Bobby hasn't been as good as I'd hoped he would be. <shrug>

Archived