kyle petty

Nathan

<sigh>

Kyle Petty, the man, totally awesome. Great guy, the kind of man to look up to and emulate.

You can like the person and not think they are god's greatest at what they do. I like Kyle for his classiness, for his giving back, for being a good role model for millions of people. I do not think very highly of his driving "talent".

And just to piss all y'all off, I don't think Dale Jr is great driver either. Good, yes, great no. Doesn't mean I think he is pond scum as a person, cause I don't. He seems to be a decent young man. But if I was interested in wins, there are a lot of other drivers I would put in my car ahead of him. If all I wanted is money, then he is the man.

Seperate the man from his job, and Kyle Petty is fantastic. Put him in a car and he is largely forgettable. That does not take away the fact that he is truly a great man.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Sarge, I agree with you. Kyle devotes way more of his talent and time to his Victory Junction Gang program than anything else for himself which makes him an outstanding individual.

There have been several drivers who went right to the top because of name recognition established by their fathers. Kyle and Dale Jr. fit this perfectly. But Kyle enhances his standing with the Victory Junction Gang. Dale Jr. finishes better than Kyle but I doubt Kyle has the investment in his car like Dale Jr. has. I doubt either driver will ever be as great as their fathers. :)

sarge - shawn- you all like to point fingers at kyle do you know much about him he has 7 wins in nascar--ya he sucks get a life, he is 47 years old now but back in his day hed whip anyone of you on the track, I had to chime in sometimes you just cant take it, and If you do not like what i have to say then [edited out by Nick Holt, 9/30/07] t--I have enough money to last me for the rest of my life and then some, just thought I would put that on here so you all could get mad at me about that-- [edited out by Nick Holt, 9/30/07] oh 50 top 5's 160 top 10's he may not be the best out there now -he has done a lot of good in this world and ya he has a temper we all do--Matt Howell.

sarge - shawn- you all like to point fingers at kyle do you know much about him he has 7 wins in nascar--ya he sucks get a life, he is 47 years old now but back in his day hed whip anyone of you on the track, I had to chime in sometimes you just cant take it, and If you do not like what i have to say then [edited out by Nick Holt, 9/30/07]--I have enough money to last me for the rest of my life and then some, just thought I would put that on here so you all could get mad at me about that-- [edited out by Nick Holt, 9/30/07] oh 50 top 5's 160 top 10's he may not be the best out there now -he has done a lot of good in this world and ya he has a temper we all do--Matt Howell.

ooooK!!!!! :blink:

LANDLORD, My point is sounds like people are a little jealous of kyle petty :P hey look I will defend one of my favorite drivers--not that he needs to be defended---oooook. :blink:

I'm jealous of him matthew. He's 47 and runs like 30 miles a week. My back and knees hurt so much that it hurts just to say "30 miles a week."

all i can say is ,,,,,,wow. your opinion really put me in my place.

you need to get a life matt, it's a freakin' computer. if you get that bend out a shape over someone else's opinion on a box that lights up and says things you don't agree with, ecspecially about someone you really don't even know,,,,,,,,,wow.

.....and for the forty billionth time you have managed to squeeze in that part about your financial stature (even when it has no bearing what so ever to the topic).

don't take it personal, it's just my opinion,,,,,,,and i like to think we're still pretty good friends.

good seeing you johnny........hope you keep coming out.

yep,i didn't care for that race too much. we run full invert every week without a mark on the car , last night i was feeling like a ping pong ball. oh well theres always a next race.

USRA23TRUCK

7 WINS.

Oh.

My.

God!

He is on freakin' fire! Look out boys, Kyle Petty is on a roll!

Seven wins in a how-many-year-career? You made my point for me.

Can Kyle Petty drive a race car better than me? Probably, as I don't even drive race cars. Heck Aaron Brungot is probably a better driver than m.... nah, lets not get carried away. LOL

It's ok to be a Kyle Petty, race car driver fan. I am a Johnny Benson fan. What the heck did he ever do in cup? Nothing, but I liked the guy and cheered him on. But I also knew that he reached his driving peak in the Bush series. Cup was a step too high, but I still like him.

And just a little advice. Most people could care less how much money you have. Only shallow, vapid, plastic people will care. Or sharks. Real people will care how you are as a person. In fact, if a fellow has to tell me he is rich, it probably means that he is used to buying friends, not earning them.

And dear boy, I sure hope this is not the way you react to everyone that doesn't agree with you. Cause the only one that will be rich at the end is your shrink.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

USRA23TRUCK

my shrink how did you know

Let see,

Delusional - Check

7 wins in way to many starts is considered great - Check

Kyle Petty = driving talent - Huge check

Inability to distinguiesh between on track and off - Check

Makes mention of his money, when it is neither appropriate, not warranted - Double check

Thinking I would be impressed by that - Check

Panties twisted when someone disagrees with him - Check and Check

<shrug> I dunno, perhaps I am just a good guesser.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

7 wins is pretty good--when the racing was real. kyle petty among the elite of drivers top 100 in the country out of thousands. I mentioned money because it would just give you something else to bitch about----AND YOU DID____TRIPLE CHECK. I could care less what YOU are impressed about---thank you. I wear boxers SIR--thank you. and I DUNNO perhaps your an ?????????????????? feels good dont it. Nick I leave this thread his panties are really in a serious twist, perhaps he thinks when he rags on someone, that No one has the right to speak up against what he said, then gets mad at you when you do speak up-----and hey BILL If you are that concerned about all this give me a call 210-288-4571---MATTHEW HOWELL.

This is the last time I will speak on this subject of kyle petty---can you imagine your father being richard petty---no one will ever beat is record no one, next losing your child in a race car, still running the faimly business and driving after is sons death ,started victory juction camp that helps thousands of sick children, I could care less if he gets last place every race, but if thats what it takes to keep the money flowing along with his charity bike rides then I say that this is a very good thing--and ya he only has 7 wins but he had to earn those seven wins no body else drove the car HE did !!!!!!and after all that I still think he can drive a race car. he has earned his right to be there at nascar. and you do not get that right to be there when you suck and fotr that matter i think robby gordon can drive the wheels of anything. and as long as robby has been in nascar--if you go back when kyle started, kyle had 4 wins in the same amount of time as roobby been in this sport and he raced against darrell waltrip ,dale earnhardt, ricky rudd ,mark martin ,ernie ervin,harry gant alan kulwiki,davey allison,rusty wallace,bill elliott,terry labonte,tim richmond,dale jarrett,geoff bodine, and a host of others finshed 10th in the final cup standings in 1985 7th in 1988 5th in 1992 5th in 1993, he was 33 years of age in 1993 and started his first race when he was 19 in 1979 and that was back in the day they did not run restrictor plates at dega and daytona---OK GETTING OFF MY SOAP BOX . MATT some delusion.

kyle seems like a nice guy. and im sure if he had better equipment would do better then what he does. he may not be one of the greatest drivers, but nobody can take anything away from what he has done with the victory junction camp.

It's ok to be a Kyle Petty, race car driver fan. I am a Johnny Benson fan. What the heck did he ever do in cup? Nothing, but I liked the guy and cheered him on

look at mike skinner. he amounted to a whole bunch of nothing in cup, but he sure does good in the truck series.

Archived